Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by iclicku, Dec 27, 2017.

1. brunosquito

brunosquito United States Newish Member

Saw a red stinger 2.0 on 60fwy towards city of industry around 700pm. Let em hear the new ark grip as I passed him up lol

2. Choppa

Choppa United States Member

Saw a Pearl White GT on RT 6 in Channahon IL today around 10 a.m..

• Like Like x 2
  3. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Snow white westbound on Whittier Blvd at Michigan in Whittier early this afternoon. I waved, but due to our combined tint, I couldn't see the driver and don't think they saw me. This may be the 2.0 I've seen once before at Michigan St. post office.

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

No. You saw Pearl White. "Snow White" is all I saw this afternoon, but I didn't bother to look closely to see if any of them was a Stinger. (my A/S tires and "winter wheels" go on Wednesday at one o'clock; hopefully this first dump of the season will be cleaned off the roads long before then)

5. eljay

Disney princess vs silent movie star? Well, no snow here, but we did have lightning and hail on the 20th. Fortunately, only about pea size, but it came down hard, so I'm glad my Stinger was in my garage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jacques

Jacques United States Active Member STL Stinger Club

Micro blue madness: saw two micro blue Stingers within an hour of each other...could they be the same person? Saw one on the intersection of Earth City Expressway and Rider Trail South at 4pm. I only glimpsed a side profile (was behind an SUV), but notice they had dark/black wheels. Then later on around 5pm or so, saw another one on Old Highway 94 and Muegge, near Walgreens.

7. Jacques

Are your all-season tires good enough in the Utah winters?

8. MerlintheMad

If you don't drive the canyons, yes they are good for 99% of the driving we'll see throughout winter. When the roads get nasty we drive cautiously anyway, even with the best snow tires. All you have to do is be even more cautious. Even summer tires work in a couple to a few inches of snow, IF you appreciate the necessity of slowing down and establishing more space between you and the next vehicle, etc. I was in pretty cruddy conditions this afternoon on my Michelins, with up to two inches of slushy snow at times. But AWD and sedate driving worked out fine: I didn't slide or skid even a little bit even once. And it was below freezing as well. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jacques

Missouri gets snow, but not by a large amount compared to other places. I've been debating sticking with the all-seasons on mine. The one snowfall we did have, there was a sheet of sleet underneath, which made for slippery driving. The Stinger drove through it OK.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Panthera gt Mazzy’s bar parked next to me. I’m a god damn stalker... left forum info and username on windshield The hell’s wrong with me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. eljay

A rare (around here) Micro Blue GT today, shortly after 2:30 p.m. westbound on Whittier Blvd. in East Whittier. Since I was returning from an eye exam dilation and driving very conservatively in the slow lane, I lost sight of him/her in a mile or two, but for a while I'm sure we were an impressive sight.

12. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member Sustaining Member +

"All season" tires generally is the worst of there is.
    Not good winter tires, not good summer tires, might work. but i'd rather have one set of tires that is for winter and one is for summer.
    the rubber behaves very different depending if its -10 or +30.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member +

Saw 4 on my commute home yesterday, the most I have ever seen in one trip.
    Starting at just after 3:30 PM, Micro Blue stuck in construction traffic on 28 NB as I was heading South. A Sunset Yellow a few minutes later also heading on 28 NB (possibly @17th_Letter?). A Snow White Pearl behind/beside/in front of me on 66 WB (man the Snow White Pearl with black badges/smoked tail lights looks so damn sharp!), then as I got close to home a Panthera parked in a shopping center I pass in Bealeton Virginia at about 4:30 PM.
    Crazy I tell ya!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

That's going to be hard to beat, especially as they're genuine in the wild sitings .:thumbup:

15. G-852805

G-852805 Guest

I see you. Thanks for the invite. Will post my mods soon.

16. Jacques

I don't disagree with you there. I've had a set of winters (a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks) before on my other car when it was a daily (Honda Prelude). I may still get a set for the Stinger at some point this winter, but the wifey's SUV will get a set before I do.

17. MerlintheMad

Yeah, I started to read that, then looked at the location and was surprised it was not from Aus. Who else has seen four in the wild in one day? And when do we call this game over and done? I guess when four or more of us are reporting four in a day on a weekly basis, for at least four months? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member +

I was really surprised to see so many in a 1.5 hour drive. It is the most I have seen in one day in almost 2 years of owning a Stinger. I was actually kinda sad to see so many...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rick1111

Rick1111 United States Newish Member

Keep an eye out for mine. It's on Rt 6 in Channahon about every day. Its' Black.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 17th_Letter

17th_Letter United States Active Member

wasnt me, i was stuck in meetings, might have been @Jenny Yang she roams 28 sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted