Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

GT 2 AWD NOT REALLY A STINGER!?!?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Segador, Jan 16, 2018.

Were you aware of the decreased top speed limit when you purchased your Stinger?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. StingerGTT

StingerGTT United States Active Member

This guy right here is an example of how you should act if you don't agree with something, he doesn't agree with it at all the speed limiter doesn't matter to him but he respectfully shared his opinion and actually helped me out to get my petition going regardless of agreeing or not he's a family man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. derek0609

derek0609 United States Member

BCBF14F0-8BEE-4CAF-87C3-6C0B743FF099.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Newish Member

Wow this tread is so long and almost so useless. Sure Kia could have done things differently at the start but ITS OVER. *cue Frozen* so LET IT GO. To keep this from happening in the future sign a petition or something. At least we know Kia can do something like this but there has to be information SOMEWHERE, so we won’t be fooled again. We can only move forward from this point. There is already a spare ECU in the making, so slap on some proper tires (hopefully) and either set the speed limiter higher or remove it completely. Worried about warrenty? There are flash frame editors out there if something crazy happens. Otherwise this is a solid solution. All you need to do is LET IT GOOOOO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. StingerGTT

StingerGTT United States Active Member

finally some useful information!!!! and no belittling or putting down and I have a petition started already :) do feel free to sign it I have posted it in the letters to KIA posts. you should start a post on this information you have just dropped to keep us updated on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Look here

LAP3-PROSS ECU Tune in development

6. General_Vodka

LAP3 is developing a standalone ECU. This is due to the fact that the Continental unit in Kias is hard to crack. They might also make you a re flash module if the demand is high. Info is from LAP3 tune in development thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StingerChick

StingerChick United States Active Member

You offer some real ideas so I will respond to you.

One question if it was a mechanical problem say a CAM plug made of plastic and it backed out and caused you to loose an engine; would you feel it was over? Especially if you had naysayers who brow beat you bcause you could get a subscription to the KIA engineering department and read the fine print. The idea that no one fights for rights is scary.

BTW KIA has put plastic CAM plugs in. They have backed out and engines have been lost.

Next, is no one else getting up set with companies who walk a line between micro print hard to attain that borders on false advertising? Am I the only American who sees this as a problem. This is not a problem unique to KIA tell me you have not noticed it more and more?

As we give up more rights others disappear unnoticed daily.

I believe you are a logical human. Please, stop for at least one minute and let this sink in and then lets have a conversation about how you just admited KIA may have violated American's rights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. StingerChick

And yes I want properly speed rated tiers on my car

9. General_Vodka

A CAM sensor is a bit of a different thing. There are consequences for cutting corners I admit. Merc-Benz cut costs by making a basic/faulty intercooler-transmission cooler design for some of the older Benz 4 door sedans. So did Toyota on some older SUVs. This resulted in the strawberry milkshake of doom and total loss of the transmission. Toyota and Benz got sued. Toyota admitted to it and settled out of court. Benz didn't. Took many lawsuits for them to admit that there was a mistake and hey offered an extended warranty on those cars that were affected. however, the warranty only added to the existing one and 99% of the issues happened long past that. Even if it happened during that extended warranty period then Benz would only cover 50% of the cost. So that is 4k down the drain for a $100 fix. Toyota and Benz both updated the design and the issue was not continued. Now THAT is a serious issue. However, this is a different issue. I consider myself to be somewhat of an automotive enthusiast and if I was interested in the winter tire package I would have done some research due to the fact that every enthusiast knows that factory provided budget tires are not built for speed. However, I am the rare 1%. The general car buyers would only look at the Big 10: HP, MPG, max MPH, 0-60MPH, cubic ft of cargo room, AWD, reliability, features, price, and brand. They compare all that and make a decision. I agree it would have been nice for Kia to inform the general buyer that the speed is limited on models with the package but they didn't then. Now they are but its too late for many. This could have been caused by poor communication, bad marketing dep, whatever. I, however, didn't say that what they did was ok. All I am saying is that ITS OVER. Kia can have many reasons for not wanting to retune the car. However, its time to LET IT GO. They will always have the legal advantage since 1 they did it with YOUR safety in mind. 2. they have it documented SOMEWHERE, 3. they are only held accountable for the info that they send the dealership directly EX HP, TQ, MSRP, the basics. They never said that the Stinger can go the full speed with the smaller wheels option. There is no false advertisement when there is no ad. So you might as well LET IT GOOOOOOOO. There are already solutions to the problem like i said in my earlier posts. The only American right that they might have violated is the right to hold a grudge and the right of bragging about top speeds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Segador

Segador United States Member

Cars, people cars, you have to be intelligent even in the face of stupidity, also, I'm really going to miss him! One more person that could not add something intelligent to the conversation. Other members reading this post, it's your right to disagree. If you want to add something intelligent to the conversation, please do. Do the rest of us a kindness and read the entire post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

for some people it's just principle alone that makes them upset. that's not enough reason to want the top speed capability that other stingers have?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Segador

Yea, mo, dat!! Heard their building a new plant in the USA! MAYBE MAKE CONDOMS TOO!! Lazer fit.

13. Segador

Somebody talking intelligent, go figure. Yes I agree with you 100%. That's all the reason we need. Why would anybody argue with that. I want my stinger to have the same capabilities as everyone else, simple logic.

• Like Like x 3
  14. StingerChick

At this point all I can do is agree to disagree with you and in many of our minds it is NOT over. Changing the tiers was KIA's way to cut a corner and as you pointed out there are consequences. Hope you have a nice day!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

I think this is what everyone should do at this point - and simply allow this discussion to take place for those who are passionate about it. It's perfectly fine to disagree and/or have opposing views - but we're not getting anywhere going back and forth about "why" people feel the way they do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Weareblondi

Weareblondi Canada Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

after reading all 26 pages, and posting a few comments and opinions along the way, i, like lots of other members on this forum, can pretty much agree that we have touched upon all the points. some several times over, and other than upsetting members and hopefully not alienating others, i think we should just lock this post. there isn't anything else to be said that hasn't been said. just my two cents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Or the mods could just remove the people and their posts that are telling others to "just get over it" or to "move on". Certain posters not caring about an issue isn't a good reason to tell others to get over it. If someone doesn't care about something they should just stay away from it, not try to convince others to stop caring.

The mods shouldn't close this thread where a few people with issues are actually discussing ways to address them. They should just stop letting posters come in here and cause trouble for the people here who are discussing their problems.

Now, excuse me while I go to the "Kia Stinger (2.0) Performance Issue" thread and tell everyone to stop caring about their issue since it isn't effecting my 3.3TT. /s

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. StingerChick

I would hope not it allows a form of communication for thoes who would like to explore options. Hence the reason I made a FORMAL plee for the brow beating to stop! Just to be told by a person to piss off! The request was made pointing out that the behavior could be viewed by some as trolling.

I would also add that it appears most have been civil and have stoped. May we simply deal with the ones who intentionally brow beat?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. StingerChick

We will attain new people who have not been here for the past history. I would not say ban but we could kindly PM them the expectations of this topic!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

The time seems appropriate to bring up a feature that some of you need to employ: ignore

Click on any user name and select the ignore option...

xenforo-ignore.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted