kia stinger store

FAQ: Vibration under braking: warped rotors? NO!

GTdsz

Just out of curiosity, are they the same for both front and rear or just front?
The rears are a different size, I didn't swap rears but when I do I'll just use tirerack for direct fit

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Is the shudder just front or are the rear brakes prone to this issue as well?
I've read of one or two rear brakes shuddering. If you feel the shudder through your seat that is the rear brakes. Super rare, apparently.

D.J.

Is the shudder just front or are the rear brakes prone to this issue as well?
all 4 times I had my brakes serviced within the 60,000km warranty period - they always replaced all 4 rotors.

One time they replaced just the fronts - and I had to return to the dealer 10 minutes later to demonstrate the persistent pulsation.
Dealer then replaced the rear rotors immediately.

More details here --https://stingerforum.org/threads/faq-vibration-under-braking-warped-rotors-no.9761/post-336410

I am now on my 5th set of rotors (4 replacements + the original rotors)... and I changed my pads to some cheap generic aftermarket pads.
Only have 5000 kms on these aftermarket pads + OEM rotors - and still perfectly smooth
--https://stingerforum.org/threads/stinger-brake-pads-replacement.21302/#post-344757

Last edited:

Stingerfreak

Newish Member
Hi Everyone,

I've almost read every post on this thread, many peoples seem's to have change the front or rear brake pads, but we don't have any follow up after severals month or many miles drove.

So, for those who had change the brake pads Front and /or Rear. Can you juste make a follow up.

When did you replaced the pads ?
How many miles or KM have you driven since ?
Which brake manufacturerhave you installed on your car ?
Did you replace the Discs at the same time or only the pads ?
Did you have any issues since you've replace your brake ?

Let us know...

I'm starting to have issues again with my brakes for the third time with Stinger 2018 48k KM. So I'm about to take a decision if I replace only disc or disc and pad.

Thanks

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Hi Everyone,

I've almost read every post on this thread, many peoples seem's to have change the front or rear brake pads, but we don't have any follow up after severals month or many miles drove.

So, for those who had change the brake pads Front and /or Rear. Can you juste make a follow up.

When did you replaced the pads ?
How many miles or KM have you driven since ?
Which brake manufacturerhave you installed on your car ?
Did you replace the Discs at the same time or only the pads ?
Did you have any issues since you've replace your brake ?

Let us know...

I'm starting to have issues again with my brakes for the third time with Stinger 2018 48k KM. So I'm about to take a decision if I replace only disc or disc and pad.

Thanks
I had the issue occur five times if you can believe it! :p

The first four times the dealership replaced my pads and rotors with the USA-spec parts. Once the dealership replaced my pads and rotors with the Euro-spec parts the vibrating and shaking went away. My driving style and pattern remained the same during this entire period of time. The environment and location of my driving was also the same during this entire time.

Either have the dealership replace everything with Euro-spec parts for free (under warranty) or go with something aftermarket that people on the forums are discussing.

Good luck! :)

Stingerfreak

Newish Member
Check the 2 links I posed in the post prior to yours, if you didn't already
Hi D.J.

Yup I've seen your last post, but your brake has been replaced ~2 months a ago.
I'm trying to find someone who had change is brake and has drivin more then 20 000 km without any issues.

Thanks for your continuous update

Stingerfreak

Newish Member
I had the issue occur five times if you can believe it! :p

The first four times the dealership replaced my pads and rotors with the USA-spec parts. Once the dealership replaced my pads and rotors with the Euro-spec parts the vibrating and shaking went away. My driving style and pattern remained the same during this entire period of time. The environment and location of my driving was also the same during this entire time.

Either have the dealership replace everything with Euro-spec parts for free (under warranty) or go with something aftermarket that people on the forums are discussing.

Good luck! :)
Hi WRXtoStingerGT,

I'm not suprise with your story. The problem is that here in Canada we do not have access to those Kia euro-spec disc pad.
So we have to look for generic brake pad.

Did they replace front and rear at the same time ?
When they replaced your brakes ? Date and Mileage if possible.

Thank you.

D.J.

Hi D.J.

Yup I've seen your last post, but your brake has been replaced ~2 months a ago.
I'm trying to find someone who had change is brake and has drivin more then 20 000 km without any issues.

Thanks for your continuous update

Fingers crossed mine lasts ... only 5k kms on my current rotors and pads.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Hi WRXtoStingerGT,

I'm not suprise with your story. The problem is that here in Canada we do not have access to those Kia euro-spec disc pad.
So we have to look for generic brake pad.

Did they replace front and rear at the same time ?
When they replaced your brakes ? Date and Mileage if possible.

Thank you.
I believe it happened five times within about 6000 miles and 10 months of ownership. They would replace front and rear at different times but multiple times. Eventually the final time (5th time) they replaced both the front and rear entirely.

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
Having been on here for over three years i can tell you it all has to do with you guys having the North American pads. Down here ive heard next to nothing about brake issue. We have a different pads to you as do Europe.