kia stinger store

[DIY] [Guide] Drive Mode Memory Module (prototype)

budzique

Anyone want to make a plug-and-play adapter that includes the right connectors, etc, so we don't have to do posi-taps? I have done posi-taps before, but I'm not a huge fan..
ive had a few discussions about PnP adapters and settled on it being too complicated, it's two connectors that are tapped into, the connectors that I was able to source are expensive ($15 per side for a total of $60 not including any wires) and would have to be assembled by hand. If somebody else came up with it that'd be awesome, they could even work with me to sell them on my site. but I personally have no plans for a PnP adapter

RogueIV

ive had a few discussions about PnP adapters and settled on it being too complicated, it's two connectors that are tapped into, the connectors that I was able to source are expensive ($15 per side for a total of $60 not including any wires) and would have to be assembled by hand. If somebody else came up with it that'd be awesome, they could even work with me to sell them on my site. but I personally have no plans for a PnP adapter
if you want, pm me the parts that you sourced and i'll see if I can find something that'll work.

boilernc

Raleigh, NC
@budzique got my KSDM3 today - thanks for getting it out quickly! Got it all hooked up - the only thing is it won't remember Smart or Custom drive modes - if I turn the car off in Smart it turns back on in Eco and if I turn the car off in Custom it turns back on in Sport. Shutting off in Sport works as it should as the car comes back on in Sport mode (which I use most of the time anyways). Any tips? 2C520E63-4812-4DF6-97D0-F20BBC03E36E.jpeg

budzique

@budzique got my KSDM3 today - thanks for getting it out quickly! Got it all hooked up - the only thing is it won't remember Smart or Custom drive modes - if I turn the car off in Smart it turns back on in Eco and if I turn the car off in Custom it turns back on in Sport. Shutting off in Sport works as it should as the car comes back on in Sport mode (which I use most of the time anyways). Any tips? View attachment 57345
Can you shoot me a message on Facebook (fb.me/budzique) we’ll troubleshoot the problem or see if you need a replacement

Stinger22

Newish Member
California
So I'm installing the KSDM3 but don't know which red and yellow wires to use on the ISG (Idle Stop and Go) side. There is only one black so I can figure that out.

And for the mode side, I want to verify it is the last two wires shown on the far right side.

Thanks!

IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2182.jpg

SnowyGT2

Florida
Got this installed and it works great! Thanks @budzique

Attachments

• 20210416_103950.jpg
    20210416_103950.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210416_110134.jpg
    20210416_110134.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210416_110636.jpg
    20210416_110636.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 21

RogueIV

Can you shoot me a message on Facebook (fb.me/budzique) we’ll troubleshoot the problem or see if you need a replacement
Just installed mine and have the exact same issue, I don't really use either of those modes but wouldn't mind knowing what causes it.

SnowyGT2

Florida
I did notice for me SMART mode is not saved as it goes back to ECO.

CUSTOM is saved though which make me happy. Maybe each trim operates differently?

Classifiedsecret

Newish Member
Just installed mine. Pretty straightforward install with the help of previous pictures on this thread. I dont see any immediate issues and seems to work as expected.

Thanks all!
20210502_125903.jpg

gstengel

I couldn't find this question in the thread but I'm curious if this will work for the Genesis g70? I know it shares a lot of the stinger platform, chassis wise. But don't know about the brains.
Shark racing has the ISG (Idle Stop and Go)/auto hold, seat memory and door lock proximity modules for the g70 but nothing for drive modes.
Really hope this will work.
Also, has the ambient lighting option been developed yet?

budzique

The g70 is an unknown I have been trying to get in touch with a friend that lives 3 hours from here but haven’t been able to connect. I do have the developer kit available that can be used to set everything up and ensure any coding changes can be made if needed. I designed it to be wide platform for developing on other Hyundai/Kia/genesis products if you want

budzique