• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Differential issue

I did also notice that straight acceleration on the new Stinger felt a little lighter and smoother than when I hit the gas on my Stinger. Almost like a lightness to the response of the engine when I push the pedal. Hard to explain and it might be in my head but I wouldn't be surprised if whatever this issue was, was causing some other trickle down affects (effects?).

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I think the main one I would want is the black rims. Which should also be the easiest thing to replace.
Well the rear decklid is a fairly simple swap as well, and all the fo-carbon fiber trim should come out fairly easily as well, the center console will 100%, it can be removed in under a minute.

Well the rear decklid is a fairly simple swap as well, and all the fo-carbon fiber trim should come out fairly easily as well, the center console will 100%, it can be removed in under a minute.
Oddly, I don't think I love the spoiler. I know people like it a lot. My son loves it. And it makes a tight rear view even more tighter. I have gotten used to it and it is not even remotely I care that much about but if I had to choose yes or no, I would go without one.

ht_addict

Stinger Enthusiast
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi all.

Thanks for checking in for an update. Here is the latest:

The car went back for about 2 weeks. They fixed the new noise - something about bolts from the suspension. They didn't do anything new for the original issue - I am not sure why but maybe they thought the new issue was impacting the fix for the original issue. (Spoiler alert: it wasn't)

They said that a rep from Kia Canada drove it and gave the all clear.

I picked it up and sure enough the original issue was still happening. Perhaps not the same severity. So I drove it a week to keep an eye on how bad it was. I let the dealer know it was still happening. I went to the dealer and drove my Stinger with the mechanic as well as a new Stinger they happened to have in. We both saw the difference right away.

Officially, they had said that this was the last time I was going to come in and if it could not be fixed then we would be moving on from my Stinger. We shall see where that goes.

The new Stinger had the same summer tires as mine so perhaps that was not the issue...?
Warmer weather, allows tires to get a little more grip.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
So now Kia has decided that it is the transmission, and since it is an adaptive transmission it is driving this way because that is how I taught it to drive. Apparently I hit the brakes several times as I pull out of my driveway every morning and that is why the car is like this. You can't make this stuff up lol.

I referred them to the email I sent the dealership 1 week after picking up the car informing them of the issue I was feeling and telling them I have felt it since day 1.

The dealer wants me to bring in the car so they can reset the adaptive transmission to factory settings to see if that is the case.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
They reset the transmission and the AWD. It is still happening.

Now they submitted some recording or other to Kia and are waiting for a response.

I feel like I am on a hidden camera reality show.

I am sure many are waiting for an update.

The circus has been continuing until now. The latest was Kia Canada sent two senior techs to drive with me, and when one of their techs drove my car he rode over a pothole and popped both passenger side tires. So I am in a rental as they wait for new tires and polishing the rims that got scratched up when he popped the tires.

Meanwhile, Kia Canada first offered to put me in a new one, but it would cost more because of interest rates.

Now they have offered to put me in a new one, but not a Scorpion, for the same money. And it is black - which is the colour I did not want and only got in order to get the Scorpion. So - lower trim, same money, undesirable colour.

I do not think I will agree to this though.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I am sure many are waiting for an update.

The circus has been continuing until now. The latest was Kia Canada sent two senior techs to drive with me, and when one of their techs drove my car he rode over a pothole and popped both passenger side tires. So I am in a rental as they wait for new tires and polishing the rims that got scratched up when he popped the tires.

Meanwhile, Kia Canada first offered to put me in a new one, but it would cost more because of interest rates.

Now they have offered to put me in a new one, but not a Scorpion, for the same money. And it is black - which is the colour I did not want and only got in order to get the Scorpion. So - lower trim, same money, undesirable colour.

I do not think I will agree to this though.
after all this, you best demand a 1 of 1 2023 scorpion in any color combo you want lol

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Crap and crap again. I've been following this surreal saga from the start. On top of everything else, the tech blew your tires???!!! You've got to be freaking mad beyond expression at this point. There is no way I'd have fallen in love with my virtually flawless car if it had been the source of this much aggravation. The Stinger is a great, even a super car (I say that "she" gives me super powers): but an individual experience with a flakey vehicle would completely alter that perspective. :(

stinger541

I would sue. In fact, I DID sue and won. Once an attorney got involved, they were very quick to reply and settle my case. Made sure to sue for enough to make me whole AFTER legal fees were taken out (they take 33%). Was getting all these types of issues with the trunk and sunroof, they sent out a regional tech, left it sitting for 2 months, etc. I got rentals all covered, a significant amount of money, other little items I asked for.

All that happened was emailing. Nothing else. I emailed my atty, he emailed them. Took some time, but it was much better than dealing with dealership and corporate.