Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Defeats

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by Ecobust, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada Stinger Enthusiast

I haven't lost to anyone on the street, but in that regard I haven't officially "raced" anyone, only some "you're not cutting in front of me" shenanigans. On the track I beat a 4.0L V6 Mustang...and lost to other fast cars lol. Low 12's or faster.

2. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD Active Member

Oh no, don't tell me they're doing that too. :rolleyes:

Just ask him what exhaust system he's running and how great the engine sounds. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD Active Member

Definitely quick, and definitely more expensive than the Standard Range. 17k more (~60k).

That will get you 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, ¼-mile 12.1 sec @ 114 mph.

4. Revvdmedia

Let's not forget that the Model 3 is not pretty.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Man! Is that the truth. It looks like somebody wearing a sock over their head. A grill is definitely missing; the contours for one are there, but nothing is there. Hideous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Revvdmedia

It's like Tesla wants you to always remember that you should have bought a Model S, the S is so much nicer looking. I would go as far as calling it a good looking sedan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brian B

Brian B United States Member

Hellcats - Challenger and Charger, Track-hawk (encounter tons of them at the track wasn't expecting any wins against these).
    C7 Z06 quite a few of them on the track test n tune nights.
    CLS63 AMG 2016 + Twin turbo V8 AWD these are faster then most hellcats save for the ones with slicks and more power.
    E63 AMGs 2016+ same deal as above
    Tesla Model X P100D , Ugly but fasssttt.
    GTRs Tons of them on test n tune nights every nearly one modded
    Mustang GT Whipple 5.0 Modern Gen6 2015 +
    Mustang GT 08 supercharged unknown other mods close race but still a few tens faster in the 1/4
    ZL1 Camaro 6th gen
    Camaro SS 6th gen Tune, Headers/ Tires
    Camaro ss Gen 5 various mods spayed

Misc Drag cars All built to various states of power all low 11 sec or 10 machines mind you at 5800 ft above sea level
    Twin Turbo fox body
    Built Camaro SS 4th Gen
    Chevy Impala built to almost unrecognizable levels looks like a promod car
    Corvette C3 another built to almost unrecognizable levels looks like a promod car

8. Thorne

Thorne United States Member

wrong, I have access to a Model 3 SR and its f*cking slow as balls

9. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I haven't lost a race, yet... But that's down to the fact that I don't instigate races, lol

Thus, pretty much everyone who races me is doing so by the idea that they have a "fast" car and that I drive a Kia. There are cars that are definitely faster than me, but none of those ever try me *shrug*

10. Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3 United States Active Member Texas Stinger Swarm

My buddy has a GT350 and we have had quite a few close races. Thought I’d try up against a GT500.......bad idea. Got spanked! My only loss in 15 months of ownership :( but still fun :thumbup:

11. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD Active Member

C&D's tested of the GT500 resulted in an 11.8 quarter:
    2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Test – Review – Car and Driver

C&D's test of the GT350 vs. the new Supra had them both turning in a 12.5 quarter:
    2020 Toyota GR Supra vs. 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: Which Is the Better Driver's Machine?

C&D's test of the Stinger GT resulted in a 12.9/RWD & 13.2/AWD quarter:
    2018 Kia Stinger GT Test | Review | Car and Driver
    2018 Kia Stinger GT 3.3T AWD Test | Review | Car and Driver

So yeah, properly driven, both variants of the Shelby will beat the Stinger GT. But that's ok.

They're pony cars, lack AWD, spacious rear seats, and cost 20k more than my 43k Stinger GT/AWD.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Revvdmedia

AWD Stingers also get off the line better than any Mustang. I had a 2015 GT with 275 wide Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, I could not get better than a mid 5 second 0-60 on the street because of traction limitations. A prepped drag strip was obviously a different story.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD Active Member

Among the dozen or so Mustangs I've owned, one was the S550 435 hp Mustang GT so I know of what you speak.

Just FYI though, C&D does not test their cars on prepped surfaces. They just have all day long to get the best times.

That said, once you go AWD in a sports sedan it's hard to go back to an RWD pony car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Revvdmedia

Yes and no. I think the best system is something like the D-AWD system, something that allows you to completely disengage the front differential for full RWD mode. If the tires are warm and dry, my Stinger REFUSES to break the back end loose. Not the case in the Mustang, some days I just want to hang the tail out ;)

15. 19GT-AWD

19GT-AWD Active Member

Not everyone. After these many Stangs (not all pictured), I've had my fill of fish tail thirills. lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Regs120

Regs120 United States Active Member

0-0 too after 6 months and 12k miles. Just not many sensible places to even try in my area - too much traffic. I had a 911 run up from behind me, but I let off and I am more than sure he would walk me even with intakes and a JB4.

17. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Stinger Enthusiast

I simply don't pick battles against cars I don't think I can hang with, but there are plenty of options to lose too! So far, no losses. However, last week in the early am before sunrise I was first in line and what I thought was an Audi S5 pulled up next to me.

He stopped with his front fender lined up with my rear wheels, so I knew he was planning to get a roll on me. I figured why not go for it, so I went into sport mode an turned off auto stop/start. The light changed and he was already moving. Seemed like lightning as he was alongside me B4 I I grabbed and was beginning to move. I thought to myself, sh*t, I'm gonna lose this one. Then, from out of nowhere, a truck pulled out in front of him and he had to brake hard. I just kept on going. I was at 120 mph on the interstate with him hanging hot on my tail before I let up and let him go past me. Turned out to be a Tesla model P90.

If not for that truck, I'd have a loss on my record... Now I know what Tesla headlights look like in the dark, so I won't be thinking Audi S5 again....

18. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

P90 is a trim not a specific model. But at the speeds you were going his car was just about ready to morph into mini-van mode anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Stinger Enthusiast

Okay. I am definitely not a Tesla expert or fan. I simply happened to see the P90 on his rear as he went by me. There was spot where motorcycle cops like to hide just up ahead, so I figured he could flush 'em out if need be.

20. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

If it were a tall-ish sedan-SUV-ish looking mash-up that would be a Model X P90. If it were more sleek standard sedan looking that would be a Model S P90. The "P90" denotes the kwh the battery puts out. "P90" means your race was against a 700-760 hp vehicle.

Draft saved Draft deleted