Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

DBLs — Dark spot in the center of beams?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by VA_StingerGT2, May 15, 2018.

1. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

Not an issue with the spot...our issue is that the headlights are pointed too low in the default position. My beam ends approx 60-70 feet in front of the car.

i was also told they dont know how to do it. If the manual adjust is not there, the only other option is to program or code it in. They will have to hook up to the ECU and do this. I am hopeful this is a "new car" issue and not one of complete ineptitude on the dealers part.

2. TwistedOrca

TwistedOrca United States Active Member

My dark spot...
    IMG_20180623_220029717.jpg IMG_20180623_220041306.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. patriotsfan82

patriotsfan82 United States Member

I have the same spot - just the way the headlights are designed I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

Agreed, its normal.

glad to see your beams are aimed correctly too!! Initially, mine would have terminated in the middle of that intersection.

FWIW, the dealer does not have to program this...remove airbox and there is a 12mm bolt on back of light housing that can be used to adjust beam height. Detailed in another thread but wanted to update my last post here also.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Member

Searched and found this thread. I also notice the "notch". It seems to land directly on the on-coming lane, like a courtesy to not blind the oncoming person with THEIR high beams on!!! Picture I took on the highway last night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above picture is facing my garage door. The little dip about a third of the way over from the left of the edge of the garage door is where the black spot projects. My stinger is a GT1, not sure if the headlights on it are different than the GT2? But, the posts above are very similar sounding to what we are seeing.

6. patriotsfan82

patriotsfan82 United States Member

My GT1 headlights are like this exactly - down to the notch appearing directly in the oncoming lane.

7. Taimaishoo

Taimaishoo United States Active Member

It is by design. The black spot is for safety. If you notice where the spots are when driving on a highway/interstate, there is a dip in your headlights right about where oncoming traffic is, as well as the traffic ahead of you. The dips are to lessen the glare of your headlights while in traffic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Vohspeach

Vohspeach United States Newish Member

This is great info. I have only had my car for 5 days and driving at night I noticed this black spot. I had NO idea WTH that was! Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted