Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Borla Exhaust for Kia Stinger

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by JustoGT, Feb 25, 2018.

1. JustThatPenguin

JustThatPenguin United States Active Member

Only because the car will shift to a higher gear in comfort keeping your rpms low and no exhaust noise. Versus keeping it at a lower gear and higher rpm. Ready to pounce. The modes dont have some magic evc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Any comparisons?

3. Scorpio Redux

Scorpio Redux United States Member

In what I hope is a related question, how do new exhaust tips accommodate normal movement of the entire exhaust system (due to engine torque, rough roads, etc.) without hitting the rear valence panel or diffuser.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnG7

JohnG7 United States Active Member

Well, my Borla arrived and is installed. What a difference, no confusing mine with a Tesla now.

And like a previous post said, it's about as loud or quiet as you want it to be. I'll test it later to see what the db reading is inside, it does growl- but I like it. I do think this will be a little too loud for the wife's approval (but she will get over it). Oh, this is/was supposed to be her car.

First thoughts:
    Louder, but in a good way
    Seems to smoothen lag just a smidgeon

Will report back with my results after I have something worth reporting. All told, after installation, I was out $1,072 (counting installation). The muffler shop took old off and new on within 45 minutes, they made it look easy. No rattles or knocks, Borla truly sells a plugnplay system. So far, so good.

My car, a GT2. Installed K&N drop-ins also. No tune (yet)...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JohnG7

I don't know if this answer is what you are looking for, but I will attempt an answer.
    The end tips exiting the muffler float in these tips without making contact. The visible tips (from exterior) are 2.5"x4" ovals, exterior but 3" round on the backside (where the muffler exhaust floats). These muffler exits appear 2.5" floating inside the 3" mounted pipe. It does appear that the OEM exhaust had slightly rubbed these fittings, but wasn't aware of that til I looked as it was on rack.

In my opinion, they should accommodate all normal movement, all looks fine to me. Ima not worried:)

6. Fl stingergt

Fl stingergt United States Stinger Enthusiast

Don’t worry my wife did not like borla at first. Now we fight over who is driving. To me borla, kn drop in filter, and base racechip has been amazing pickup in hp torque and throttle response and shifting is better.those three mods gave me power and reliable still to not Prematurely kill engine.

7. Fl stingergt

You can adjust stock tips. There is a screw underneath. Or take back they can spin pipe away from tips. By adjusting clamps

8. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Did any of you notice any increase on the ole' butt dyno? I'd think removing the resonators and replacing the stock muffler would give it a little more hp.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Fl stingergt

Those 3 mods big notice on but dyno. Why waste money on dyno. When stock car just got up and went know tire spin. Now even with Tc on it spins tires. Is that good enough difference for but dyno. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kamauxx

Actually that's exactly what I'm talking about when I ask about butt dyno.

I noticed the same thing with my tune...the launch control no longer stops wheel spin.

Did you do all three mods together?

11. Fl stingergt

No all separate exhaust and chip most noticed. Realistically kn help car get lots more air but it really by itself does not do much. I notice with exhaust and really notice with chip and exhaust.That is why I also Opted for plane rw gt. Lightest of the bunch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fl stingergt

Gt to gt2 is almost 300 pound diff.

13. JohnG7

Definitely. Not a lot, but it's there. I could guess a number, but that wouldn't do anyone any good. I did swap intake filters also, together there is definite improvement. I shoulda had dynos before and after, but the expenses of mods has eaten into that fund.

Hopefully Borla can do some before/after demos. I do not know which system will be best for overall HP/torque, may be a little time before best works to top. Some exhausts are 3", probably better for highest numbers but sometimes not best for low-end torque (my understanding). Borla uses 2.25/2.5" pipe as my understanding also but they get rid of the OEM restrictive crimps.

So, yeah my butt dyno says there is improvement(s). HTH

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fl stingergt

That’s probably with borla they do not give any numbers on exhaust systems. There probably is a good reason for it. But who knows

15. JohnG7

That is 300# that I love. I promise I didn't get my car to race- I will ONLY race on track. I wanted all those heavy things on my GT2 and no regrets.

That's what choices are for. You got what you wanted, I am happy for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kamauxx

Thanks gents.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Fl stingergt

Not downing anybody for getting all extra they have a lot of great Features. I have just notice threw life buying lots of cars I didn’t use have the things on cars that where Available to me.

18. Fl stingergt

Especially after all the newness goes away. It’s just a human thing we get jacked up about something new. Then as time goes on it’s not that impressive anymore.

19. Scorpio Redux

Scorpio Redux United States Member

Your reply is 'spot on' to my question: Do the Borla carbon fiber exhaust tips simply replace the OEM "visible tips" (what I might call exhaust ducts) and still allow movement of the actual muffler exit pipes inside, just as the factory ovals did? Visually, the Borla Exhausts appear to rigidly incorporate the exhaust pipes...

20. JohnG7

My understanding is the Borla tips will not actually be connected either, just a different look from the exterior. Again, that is from memory so is not guaranteed to be correct. I do believe someone said these OEM tips and the Borlas are strictly for appearance. I guess carbon fiber is the expense. Instead I bought a carbon fiber tag frame, cheaper than the Borla tips.

I will correct this answer if I find it was incorrect.

Draft saved Draft deleted