Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Borla Exhaust for Kia Stinger

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by JustoGT, Feb 25, 2018.

1. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Then... umm... why did you dynomat? Like, isn’t the point to hear the new exhaust tone be louder than stock...ummmmmmmm

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Oh, this is what it looked like after doing the trunk and under the rear seats. I stuck the dynaliner to the underside of the panel that covers the spare.

20181214_163206.jpg

3. Kamauxx

It may be the point to some but no, I didn't buy an exhaust for more noise. I chose Thermal specifically because it was the quietest option available (at the time). I wanted performance increase (removing the crimps and bends) not sound increase.

Like I said, I dynamatted the car to give it more of a "luxurious" feel because I was actively shopping for an Audi. Instead of trading the Stinger in I figured I'd spend some money to upgrade the ambience of the interior. (lighting, sound deadening, and audio upgrades) So far its stopped me from dumping the Stinger.

4. nhcowboy28

Fair enough. Good stuff

5. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

hows the sound with the downpipes? I'm sure it has to be louder than stock at least a bit.

6. Kamauxx

My exhaust has been modded since April or May so I don't really recall the stock sound BUT it did make it louder than with the Thermal alone. I crack my garage door and warm my car up in the morning and I can hear it throughout the house. I couldn't before.

Many people with stock exhaust report the SSR doesn't really make it louder but it does change the tone.

7. Doel

yeah but I've heard the downpipes make a pretty big difference when you have an aftermarket catback. Not the case with the SSRs?

8. derekcal

derekcal United States Newish Member

I cant speak for SSR downpipes, but Ive installed ultimate performance downpipe/midpipe, and its deffinatly louder in a good way, I also have Ark catback.

9. Kamauxx

The sound now is completely different. It's louder and sounds more aggressive.

10. Doel

louder, more aggressive, no drone. I think I may need to get me a thermal catback and ssr downpipes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Exactly what I plan on doing with some 1/4" dynaliner. Problem is everyday is 100f & 70% humidity- crazy.

12. Fl stingergt

Fl stingergt United States Stinger Enthusiast

I have borla . Dynomated rear it drops it a lot the noise that is. What do you think all these high end cars with exhaust deal with it’s louder that’s the trade off for better sound and more power.plus it’s not a v8. 4 and 6 cylinder engines just work off different harmonics so the sound is just at a weird louder pitch. Instead of deep growl of v8,v10,v12. Like someone said earlier in forum you just try to make it bearable or keep it stock.

13. stingerbrunei

stingerbrunei Brunei Darussalam Newish Member

why is the recent video posted by Borla so much more different from the orange Stinger in the SEMA video?

14. inthebay

inthebay United States Newish Member

How did the UltraTouch Denim roll workout? Did it help?

15. JohnG7

JohnG7 United States Active Member

The denim bats worked great, I ended up removing the dense foam I used in testing and replacing all of it with denim.

BUT- In trying to dampen or lessen sound, success will require use of various density products. This denim bat is great for stuffing into voids, to have success use a few damping materials. Once I installed the UltraTouch Denim, my results were good enough that I stopped my attempts at keeping noise out, the end. Make sound work a little, it loses its edge.

I bought my Borla to HEAR IT, I STILL love it's tone, STILL consider it the best I have heard. Now it is LOUD when I want it to be, but sweet- AND IT WILL NEVER,EVER BE MISTAKEN FOR A TESLA.

Yes, the UltraTouch Denim did help (but by itself I doubt you'd hear much difference).
    Setup a decibel meter app on your phone (or handheld dB meter), each method used relies on the others for best success.

95 dB out the pipes is going to be heard, your foot IS the volume control.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trafficman

Trafficman United States Newish Member

I saw sound clips of the ARK exhaust.
    I liked the sound also myself..
    But the price was around 1600-1900.
    Correct?

17. nhcowboy28

70FDFB46-3265-455F-923A-A7D103D04D56.png
    Some used ones are out there...

Draft saved Draft deleted