• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!

Australia-Specific Kia Stinger Discussion

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
First near miss yesterday with a Truck.
Following behind on Townsend Road and approach the Bellerine hwy intersection.
He was in the right hand turning lane, I was in the left, this lane can turn left, straight or right.
We turn and he cuts me off by coming into my lane, it happened so quickly, I didn't manage to give a blast of my horn.
I showed hubby the dash cam footage, he advised " even though he should have stayed in his own lane and technically he's at fault, stay away from Trucks when they are turning. Especially if your on the left side, he probably didn't see you "
Perhaps I was in his " blind spot " but surely it is safer to wait to cross into another lane when you are going straight not on a turn ?

IMG_3801.PNG IMG_3802.PNG IMG_3803.PNG

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
^
You both went through an amber light?
I was waiting for someone to notice that, yes we did. I know that technically you are supposed to stop on Amber but you can proceed through the intersection if it is safe to do so. ( that's what I recall being taught )
We were well into the intersection so at the point of no return.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
First near miss yesterday with a Truck.
Following behind on Townsend Road and approach the Bellerine hwy intersection.
He was in the right hand turning lane, I was in the left, this lane can turn left, straight or right.
We turn and he cuts me off by coming into my lane, it happened so quickly, I didn't manage to give a blast of my horn.
I showed hubby the dash cam footage, he advised " even though he should have stayed in his own lane and technically he's at fault, stay away from Trucks when they are turning. Especially if your on the left side, he probably didn't see you "
Perhaps I was in his " blind spot " but surely it is safer to wait to cross into another lane when you are going straight not on a turn ?

View attachment 48469 View attachment 48470 View attachment 48471
Bloody truck drivers. The sheer size of some trucks make them a menace for us poor car drivers. Maybe they need to have mandatory blind spot monitoring on all trucks. You could land a plane on some of their blind spots.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
Yes, I know its not Sals fault for the poor delivery, he actually has been very helpful in re sending my order.
So much for Trump trying to make America Great Again, then again if Biden gets in he is almost a geriatric.
Unfortunately it seems as if the Holdup was actually between SYDNEY and Perth not in 'Merica...

starman

Unfortunately it seems as if the Holdup was actually between SYDNEY and Perth not in 'Merica...
Definitely not as it had not left USA until almost one month later, sent on its way on as follows
July 2, 2020, 4:21 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33411

July 30, 2020, 8:40 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, FORT LAUDERDALE, UNITED STATES on July 30, 2020 at 8:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If you check the map it took 28 days to go about 200 klms down the road to the airport. What a joke and although its not Sals fault it would definitely require his input / complaint.
I am now tracking the replacement shipment and that is not fairing to well either.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
Definitely not as it had not left USA until almost one month later, sent on its way on as follows
July 2, 2020, 4:21 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33411

July 30, 2020, 8:40 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, FORT LAUDERDALE, UNITED STATES on July 30, 2020 at 8:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If you check the map it took 28 days to go about 200 klms down the road to the airport. What a joke and although its not Sals fault it would definitely require his input / complaint.
I am now tracking the replacement shipment and that is not fairing to well either.
I was talking about my parcel, order was placed on the 6th July, left USA on the 7th, arrived Sydney on the 8th.. then disappeared on the road to Perth and only arrived/delivered on the 28th July.. anyway hope your stuff turns up soon.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
Later Models?.. I have a MY20 model and my seat "bollards" definitely move when you turn the KNOB into SPORTS Mode.. if yours is not moving, I would be heading straight back to a DEALER...

starman

Later Models?.. I have a MY20 model and my seat "bollards" definitely move when you turn the KNOB into SPORTS Mode.. if yours is not moving, I would be heading straight back to a DEALER...
Thanks for your help>
Yep, Just rechecked my invoice and definitely states MY20 so its off to the dealer I will go.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
MY18 here and mine doesn't move.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia

davy gravy

Newish Member
Hi all,

Finally pick up my Micro Blue Night Sky on Friday 7/8/20, without the Bi-modal, as they didn't order it to meet up with the vehicle (even though the vehicle was still en-route from Korea).
Mid June 20 Build.

starman

Hi all,

Finally pick up my Micro Blue Night Sky on Friday 7/8/20, without the Bi-modal, as they didn't order it to meet up with the vehicle (even though the vehicle was still en-route from Korea).
Mid June 20 Build.
5 more sleeps,,, you wont be disappointed.
I am very happy with mine and not bothering to spend another $2900 on a Bi modial as I like the sound it makes anyway in sport mode and cannot justify the extra cost.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Hi all,

Mid June 20 Build.
Interesting, so the bimodal for night sky is locally fitted?

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
Interesting, so the bimodal for night sky is locally fitted?
The Bi-Modul is an Australian Product, locally developed/produced in Melbourne by "Lumen Custom Automotive Solutions", so it will only be fitted to the vehicle once it arrives in Aus...

Last edited: