1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  2. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Australia-Specific Kia Stinger Discussion

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Kia Stinger, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Stingers Down Under forum!

If you have something new you want to talk about, and it's specific to Australia, please CLICK HERE to create a new discussion thread (and not reply to this one).

I hope you'll all find this change useful and instead of keeping all Australia related talk in ONE single conversation - now several topics can be had without searching through one specific thread...

I'm not sure how you feel so please voice your opinion to me. The perfect scenario here, as far as I see it, is that this area should be for discussions specific to the Stinger in Australia. If we're simply talking about the style of the wheels or function of the navigation system, audio, 0-60 times, etcetera - I would hope that can still be discussed in the main areas. Why? Because those are discussions relevant to everyone.

I don't want to hide discussions that are relevant to "everyone" in one specific area where most people probably never look. I envision this section to be about things directly related to the Aussie version of the Stinger. For example, the Bi-Modal exhaust.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you feel this direction is unreasonable - or if there's a better way. Thank you very much!

Sal C.

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

3. Kia Stinger

Thank you! Let's see how this works out. I've been trying to get a section like this going for a long time but it seems most people are comfortable staying in that one thread. The way I see it is - now there's a dedicated section. It's here if they want to use it...

• Like Like x 2
  4. AV8R

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Thanks Mate

• Like Like x 1
  6. MelbourneStinger

MelbourneStinger Australia Active Member

I second that, well done guys, great suggestion , for setting it up and so quickly, im sure im saying this on behalf of all forum members, a big thankyou to Sal C, for this Stingers Down Under setup, and all the work he takes on everyday responding and rating all our discussions. AV8R also gave this the push it needed to make it happen..so thanx to you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kia Stinger

Thanks, guys. Can you believe I've been spending a full 8 hours per day here? I'm not kidding. You can check my post times if you like. At least a full 8 hours per day. I'm lucky there's another 8 hours I can dedicate to work, and 8 more for sleep. :p I hope our little community here turns into your Stinger home away from home. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. AV8R

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Agreed this forum is rapidly growing....like by the hour...I think it gets to the point you cannot welcome everyone, your are the administrator, need to pull back on being the gracious host you are....no sarcasm intended only praise for your input.

10. AV8R

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. AV8R

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kia Stinger

Don't get me wrong, I really love doing this. I love greeting people, welcoming newcomers, and getting to know all your personalities. At some point, probably soon, it'll definitely be too much for me to keep up with. And I will definitely need some help moderating - even maybe have an official greeter. Somebody who enjoys welcoming people like me. In time... But for now, I really love this and I hope I can keep up for a while longer. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ibmaxx

ibmaxx New Zealand Active Member

Sal - I have been on a lot of forums over the years and hands down this is the best by a long shot. Best organised and best moderated, well set up and a downright pleasure to use Well done buddy! Also Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kia Stinger

Thank you so much! It's very nice to hear that!! It's been just about one year since we launched and I'm really curious to see what things will be like another year from now. Thanks again and happy new year to you! :)

15. ezascanbe

ezascanbe Australia Member

Really appreciate the forum and your efforts Sal!

Btw... now we have a dedicated Australian area, it might be good to mark the 80 page Australian thread as read only and stop new messages. Otherwise, I don't think it'll ever stop growing.

16. Kia Stinger

Thank you very much. What I'd ultimately like to do with that discussion is go in and divide it up based on various separate conversations - but that'll be very challenging on many levels. I'm going to watch it and if any brand new conversations are started there, I'll separate them out into their own, new topics. I'm a little concerned that locking it up, which isn't a bad idea, might have the affect of (perhaps) people not contributing at all. Let's see what happens over the next few days. People may just stop using it naturally - and that would be the best scenario...

• Like Like x 3
  17. AV8R

18. Kia Stinger

If I ever successfully separate all those discussions, I just may be. :p

19. Bharat

Bharat Australia Member

Mates,

I am looking at getting a MY 19 3.3 Aurora Black. Included front and rear dashcams, carpet mats, and window tints and am looking at 58,750 ex-GST. Does it sound like a good deal?

20. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT 1000 Posts Club!

Welcome to our stingerforum, so your considering the purchase of MY 19 V6TT in Aurora Black, which is normally extra for the paintwork, i assume the vehicle is a top of the range GT, so the dealer is throwing in the dashcams, mats and tints if i understand correctly, so you have to still have to include GST on that price, what about Driveaway price, is that still to be included or is that already in the $58,750, if it is , seems like your getting a good deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted