• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

2019 Map Update now available online

rdromance

I just did the 14.10 update and now all my presets are gone and I'm unable to add new ones.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Im sure the old firmware had the speed limit logo on the map flash when you are going faster.....

Am i missing something?
I don't recall that but I may be incorrect.

Bigbikes

Melbourne Victoria
Im sure the old firmware had the speed limit logo on the map flash when you are going faster.....

Am i missing something?
In old version the speed sign would change to red but never flashed , now in new version your actual car speed is above that..

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
In old version the speed sign would change to red but never flashed , now in new version your actual car speed is above that..
And it will change to orange or red depending on your speed when approaching a fixed speed camera.

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
And it will change to orange or red depending on your speed when approaching a fixed speed camera.
It does but sometimes the audio warning plays silly buggers. I’ve noticed at times it gives the voice warning of the speed camera ahead followed by beeps until you drop below the speed limit then the double beep/ding dong when you pass the camera. Other times there’s no voice warning just chimes prior to the camera and then the ding dong as you go past it. Same camera I drive past it every day going to and from work. I’ve noticed a bunch of little quirks with the system since the update.

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
It does but sometimes the audio warning plays silly buggers. I’ve noticed at times it gives the voice warning of the speed camera ahead followed by beeps until you drop below the speed limit then the double beep/ding dong when you pass the camera. Other times there’s no voice warning just chimes prior to the camera and then the ding dong as you go past it. Same camera I drive past it every day going to and from work. I’ve noticed a bunch of little quirks with the system since the update.
Gremlins. This happens all the time to me on Waze as well.

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
After update, the actual speed of the car is shown on the display positioned over (above) the speed limit sign that is displayed (and changes color if the actual speed exceeds the posted speed limit).

Terra

Australia Melbourne
After update, the actual speed of the car is shown on the display positioned over (above) the speed limit sign that is displayed (and changes color if the actual speed exceeds the posted speed limit).
I'm still not sure what you mean.

I see your in the USA and, don't you guys have a different operating system?

I'm sure that's why the difference.

AdamNZ

In the top-left corner of the map, the speed limit of the street you're on is shown. Directly above that is another changing number, which is the actual current speed of the car as determined using the GPS system. You can turn this on and off in the system settings.

Terra

Australia Melbourne
I'm getting closer.

I noticed today when approaching a intersection speed camera above the fixed street speed appeared the actual car speed........
So how do I turn on at all times in the settings?

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
I'm getting closer.

I noticed today when approaching a intersection speed camera above the fixed street speed appeared the actual car speed........
So how do I turn on at all times in the settings?
20210117_182726.jpg 20210117_183311.jpg

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Thanks for that, I now have it turned on and changed the arrow color.

I'm seeing a 3kmh difference.
Anyone else?
~3kph variance is normal.

Coast GT

1000 Posts Club!
Central Coast NSW
So I’ve been doing a bit of experimenting with the speed camera warnings. I drive past one very trip to and from work. Turns out that if you’re above the posted speed limit on approach to the camera it now just chimes rather than giving a verbal warning. If you’re under the posted speed limit on approach to the camera it gives the verbal warning 200-300m out like it used to. Personally I don’t like the change I’d rather the verbal warning all the time regardless of speed like it used to do. Some of these changes just don’t make sense. If it ain’t broke...........