Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Winter Rim Setups

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by MikeyCanuck, Jan 15, 2018.

1. antne

antne United States Member

What my GT1 RWD is wearing this winter, installed today.
    Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 225/45x18 all around on Sport Edition P5 18X8" 38 offset in Anthracite (which look great with Panthera Metal).
    Rides smoother than OEM Michelin Sport 4 per the butt meter. Tire whine is noticeable but that's what the volume knob is for :).
    Zero clearance issues with Brembo brakes. Shipped in 2 days from Tire Rack.

20191107_092418.jpg 20191107_130716.jpg 20191107_130653.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Mexico Stinger Enthusiast

Yours are close but still have plenty of room, his look a little too close for comfort to me. Could just be the angle though. Not many "pros" out there when it comes to anything Stinger related lol. I wouldn't want it that close even for the install process, just asking for the Brembos to get all marked up the first time you get some lazy idiot at a shop taking them off or putting them on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

The same pros that selected my rims for me, put them on and take them off. Worry problem solved. :)

4. Ulikefishsticks

Ulikefishsticks United States Member

Got my winter set on my car.
    Edit. I guess I can't upload it from mobile? I'll do it later.

5. Dakohero

Dakohero Canada New Member

Sorry, im not a huge expert on aftermarket wheels, and this is my first time buying any. My stinger comes in on monday and im now rushing to buy a winter setup, can anyone confirm that these rims will work, along with 225/45r18s front and rear?

Attached Files:

6. Dwayne

Dwayne Canada Newish Member

Not sure of bore. Mine are 67.1mm and fit directly.

Attached Files:

7. SPORTS

SPORTS Canada Newish Member

The model is K025 (the dealer had a pamphlet from Fast Wheels and there were 6 new designs that had the Kia Logo on them). Got them from Kitchener Kia. I can get the specs if you want but there are no fitment issues (I don't think the Kia dealer would sell something that would have issues).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dakohero

Ye, i had bought hubcentric rings to match the rims to the stock bore size.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lun471k

lun471k Canada Member

Exactly. That's why I'll check my calipers when Spring comes and if there's anything I'll pay them a visit. I'm not too worried about it right now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LsquareD

LsquareD Canada Member

I'm in search for a winter setup and I know someone selling their 2005 RX-8 rims for cheap.

18x8
    5x114.3
    67.1 cb
    50mm offset

Everything looks fine but not sure about the offset. Thoughts?

11. celwin

celwin United States Member

besides offset, You have to make sure they clear the Brembo calipers. Not all 18" wheels clears it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. NS_Stinger

Offset mostly dictates that though, I'd be pretty surprised if it fit over the front Brembos.

13. NS_Stinger

If you know this person well I'd ask them if you can try mounting one to see if it fits. The back should fit so I'd just test if one fits the front.

14. John E

John E United States New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here just got my Stinger GT Limited last Thursday!

I picked up a set of Enkei EKM3's second hand to use as my winters.
    18x8 / +40 / 5*114.3 / 72.6 bore.

This is my first time buying winter tires. I know I will need 67.1 > 72.6 hub rings, but does anyone know the correct lug nuts I will need? I'm unfamiliar with all the terms that have turned up in my research (spline drive, cone seat, closed end acorn tuner...)
    I can post some pictures of the wheels if that is needed.

Thanks for any help!

15. Gtecko

Gtecko Canada Active Member

Hub

Lug nuts

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dakohero

Hi, one more thing guys, i grab my rims today, am i gonna need aftermarket lugs too? The specs for the rims are 18x8 5x114.3 +35 offset, and 73 bore, which i have the hub ring for already. Make is klasse motorsport santana.

17. MerlintheMad

I have a set of lugs for each set of rims. I never heard of anyone putting on aftermarket rims with the OE lug nuts. But I suppose it gets done that way!o_O:geek:

18. Dakohero

I just want to make sure i have lugs that would fit the aftermarket rims. I have no experience with aftermarket wheels and dont wanna install with improper fitment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MerlintheMad

True. That is why I let the pros do all of that. I'm not going to dive into anything and "reinvent the wheel" along with all the mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. antne

antne United States Member

If Tire Rack sells that wheel, they prolly will stock the correct kit with hub centering rings, lug nuts, and lug wrench adapter.

Draft saved Draft deleted