kia stinger store

Why in the world doesn't KIA advertise the Stinger??

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I haven't seen the one for the Stinger (yet). I assume at my first service appointment they'll have them on the table in the lounge area. I think there's a PDF of it going around though.
Yes, the promo book WAS online as the Stinger Magazine. kia stinger magazine - Bing You can see the link, but now it forwards to the EV6 :(

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
And Old School paper works on people like me. The Stinger promo book worked me over for a whole winter. And, it worked. :D
I started following it even before the 2018s came out in masses and then ultimately bought a 2019 (in November 2018). I wanted to get past the first production year:

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
I started following it even before the 2018s came out in masses and then ultimately bought a 2019 (in November 2018). I wanted to get past the first production year:

Funny how that didn't work out for anyone since the issues that existed year one still exist (trunk/roof rattle, hecu recall, etc).

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
The population the stinger sells to doesn't need a commercial. We do our own research and know what the stinger has to offer.
true enough , early adopters ( I have unit#1 in North America ) but alas we will be dinosaurs and in the history books in 3 years :cry:

Usually brands don’t advertise their top end Model because those who want to buy it more than likely know it is out there. Look at Mercedes or BMW they run advertisements on the C-class and 3 series all the time but I never see an advertisement for a S class or 7 series.

87and66

Stinger Enthusiast
Pittsburgh, PA
ITs funny. The only advertising I see for the stinger is when I'm sitting at the dealership service center waiting room. They play it every 10 minutes on the tv in there. It's like they want you to buy a k5, and then when you need service, convince you to trade it in for a stinger. which you should if you own a k5 :)

Silent Knight

I'm fine with the Stinger not being hugely popular. One of the reasons I chose the Stinger was because it was unique. Too many Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, and Corvettes on the road.
Well said - my thoughts exactly. I don't see many of them on the road...and when I do they always catch my eye. I imagine alot of people simply see the 'Kia' emblem not realizing what lurks under the hood, the performance or the build quality. Their loss...but you can't really blame them. As we know Kia was just a grocery-getter a few decades ago and failed to ignite any enthusiasm or interest.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
Halo cars are seldom advertised. They're often included in the backgrounds of television ads, but rarely ever the primary focus; halo cars exist as an advertising platform unto themselves, to draw people into showrooms, but what gets the most airtime is the mainstream models that are far more profitable. If a halo car pulls in a direct profit on its own merit, it's usually considered a plus, but usually isn't the goal of the product. It's more of "This truck has a Corvette-derived engine." "This Camaro has a Corvette-derived engine." "This Cadillac features Corvette-derived heads-up display and handling characteristics." and so forth. Look at BMW's M-line as another example, and how in addition to the single-digit M models, they now have Mnnn/Mnnnxi "M-Sport" models.

Montanaman

I want to know why the big on-line reviewers are not yet doing the 2022 with all the new bits. There's only 2 or 3 so far and the car has been out for months now

Fredman

Minnesota
I love it. It all equates to enjoying a fantastic car for two years and people STILL literally stop and stare.
I bought the car for its affordable performance/technology and its looks but it still blows me away almost every day I drive it and get “the question”
Was driving home last night through town and couple younger guys walking along street start pointing at me jumping up and down screaming STINGER !!!

Like wtf...
LOL

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
Just saw a Stinger ad on a video of a Corvette on C&D.