kia stinger store

Why in the world doesn't KIA advertise the Stinger??

mpowers

Newish Member
The Stinger is a pretty hot item which is compared to and can run with cars costing thousands more! Why doesn't KIA advertise!! I have never seen a Stinger ad anywhere, and the possibilities are endless as to how it could be shown. A sleek, affordable (at least the GT) sleeper which can hang with many of the big boys!

JimB47

Newish Member
Here in Qld. Australia we have had a couple of ads, but they are few and far between. Lots of ads for other Kia models.
I agree if they advertised they should sell well. Great car all round especially for the money they charge

powermatt

Money spent that likely wouldn't make any difference anyway. The Stinger is part of a dying segment of the auto industry. Both because the auto industry as a whole has written it off, and because most consumers don't want to look at it unless it's a tall, white/silver/grey box.

ChaneRZ

Stinger Enthusiast
I don’t see much Stingers around the Bay Area CA. It’s all about SUV.

Blueangel

That’s what makes it intriguing

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I think that there are enough Stingers rolling around to be its own advertisement. Most of those that sell are to driving enthusiasts, so the reviews in car mags are the real advertising. Once someone notices the Stinger, their opinion of Kia is bound to change if they didn't think highly of Kia before. By advertising the more common models, Kia attracts potential buyers to the dealerships; and then they see the Stinger. "What's that?" Etc.

shoengine

Sustaining Member +
I disagree. Awareness is the first step to advertising. KIA has not managed this for whatever reason.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
There's no return on the Stinger , they are letting it go to pasture for the future.................when it didn't set blazing sales trends they knew they had to bow out , it did some wonderful PR for the Kia brand and they will lever it into new E versions BUT the Stinger as we all love it is done after this refresh ......................evolution !

I found myself wondering the same thing when I bought my Stinger. “Why have I never seen an ad for this car?!” But then I realized that there are lots of cars I’ve never seen a television ad for ... the Corvette, the Mustang, the Camaro, the Challenger Hell Cat, the WRX STi, any Alfa, Genesis, on and on. It’s as if the manufacturers advertise for their bread and butter models, perhaps where the competition for market share is very stiff ... compacts, sub-compacts, mini vans and SUVs ... and leave the rest of their model line up to be discovered by visiting their showrooms or (more often these days) their websites to ‘build and price’. I have only ever seen 1 Stinger prior to buying mine - in a drive thru line up ahead of me - but it caught my eye enough that I made sure I hunted it down to find out what it was as soon as I was in front of a computer. “Build it and they will come” ???

PS ... kind of happy that they’re not ‘common as muck’ :cool:

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
Well this one was out years ago. It aired at the super bowl when they first came out.

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
Here is another one I saw. But to everyone’s point there hasn’t been one in years. I agree that reviews for the car enthusiast are the real commercials...

Knet182

Newish Member
Utah
I guess we will just have to settle for a Stinger cameo in an Armor All commercial for now.(Sorry, I’m too new for it to let me post a link. If you’re that desperate for Stinger content, I guess you’ll have to search it out on your own.)

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Occasionally I'll see a kia commercial advertising their moneymakers (k5, sedona, telly), then at the end there's usually a 5 second shot of their entire lineup with a poor stinger sitting in the back like an unwanted child.

SnowyGT2

Florida
I would like the Stinger to stick around so of course I'd love to see it advertised more.

However companies would rather spend the money advertising the volume seller vehicles like CUVs/SUVs. Can't count how many times I've seen the KIA ad showing the Telluride, Sorento and Seltos "off-road" looking all tough.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Well this one was out years ago. It aired at the super bowl when they first came out.
So, that's the Super Bowl ad I've been hearing about (occasionally) for years. After that, what more can you say? :D

I guess you can say it more often? Because that Tube video has TWO comments and only 12K views.

When you get Steven Tyler, with a cameo of Emerson Fittipaldi, you've got the recipe. The cameo was more interesting than Fittipaldi's commercial (which I have seen several times, and assumed till now that it was the Super Bowl commercial spoken of :p):
Then there's this one, which is better than either of those: Kia should have used it: :D

Last edited:

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
I found myself wondering the same thing when I bought my Stinger. “Why have I never seen an ad for this car?!” But then I realized that there are lots of cars I’ve never seen a television ad for ... the Corvette, the Mustang, the Camaro, the Challenger Hell Cat, the WRX STi, any Alfa, Genesis, on and on. It’s as if the manufacturers advertise for their bread and butter models, perhaps where the competition for market share is very stiff ... compacts, sub-compacts, mini vans and SUVs ... and leave the rest of their model line up to be discovered by visiting their showrooms or (more often these days) their websites to ‘build and price’. I have only ever seen 1 Stinger prior to buying mine - in a drive thru line up ahead of me - but it caught my eye enough that I made sure I hunted it down to find out what it was as soon as I was in front of a computer. “Build it and they will come” ???
Agree, performance model car makers focus their efforts targeting their primary audience on Youtube and in Car And Driver. Running mainstream ads that only 1% of the viewers will care about doesn't do anything for sales of the vehicle, and only offers nominal brand cred. Advertising on TV is expensive, their money is better spent elsewhere. There's also the factor that driving is no longer 'fun' in the minds of many. Commutes are more chore than chance for automotive celebration/freedom, and the sales reflect that. Large, cushy SUVs are en vogue for a reason. It blunts the edges of, what is for most, an unpleasant experience.

I was heavy into the Youtube car reviews thing when the Stinger hit the market. They had several major events with multiple Youtubers and reviewers in attendance, as well as many loaner cars circulating among the reviewing community. This worked on me, as it immediately drew my attention to the vehicle. I was obviously in the crosshairs as I ended up being an eventual owner. My personal story would, at least anecdotally, demonstrate how that mode of advertising works.

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
My personal story would, at least anecdotally, demonstrate how that mode of advertising works.
And Old School paper works on people like me. The Stinger promo book worked me over for a whole winter. And, it worked. :D

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
And Old School paper works on people like me. The Stinger promo book worked me over for a whole winter. And, it worked. :D
I haven't seen the one for the Stinger (yet). I assume at my first service appointment they'll have them on the table in the lounge area. I think there's a PDF of it going around though.