Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

When to pull deposit from dealer?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by coffeemug230, May 14, 2018.

1. coffeemug230

coffeemug230 United States Newish Member

oh yes we know what we will pay and for what we will walk away. We have a Lexus is350f sport that is perfectly fine sooooo we like the Kia enough to buy it had a fabulous price from the dealer on the lower end of what we are seeing posted here for net cap cost. So just frustrated Kia doesn't have infrastructure in place for trading well between dealers.....makes me nervous about service quality and overall experience. (I totally get it - it won't be the lexus dealership experience which has been the best dealer/brand I have worked with....no free car washes, loaners, lattes and breakfast/lunch at their little cafe which is all pleasant but really we just wanted that car....)

2. A Member Who Left

A Member Who Left United States Active Member

Paramount Kia Asheville has two black ones like you described.

• Like Like x 1
  3. STNGRNV

STNGRNV United States Active Member

It's not an infrastructure issue. It's a willingness issue. Stingers aren't moving at a rapid clip, so if a dealer has a desirable configuration, he's not going to trade that to a dealer if it's not going to help him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thang

Thang United States Active Member

If you don't end up getting remote start, keep in mind you can buy it and do the install on your own. I bought the remote start for $272 after coupon on eBay (regularly $320 on eBay, retails for $499). I received it last Friday and the install took no more than 1.5 hours. Would have taken less time (maybe an hour) had I read the instruction on mounting points of the antenna module.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coffeemug230

LOL as I tell my husband - READ ALL THE WORDS :)

6. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Do what I did, tell them you've got exactly x amount of time to procure one or I cancel. Believe me it worked like a charm. Good luck. My dealer swapped his stock for anothers dealer stock to get mine.

• Like Like x 2
  7. coffeemug230

Well after being given a hard deadline yesterday (by my husband) they called today saying the district manager got involved has one coming into port and we are awaiting the VIN #....fingers crossed.

8. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

If it is coming into port they are typically already assigned. Should be interesting.

9. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Jason, can you give us an idea of what that would cost? This is for myself personally - in Atlanta - so if you're more comfortable sending a PM, that's fine also..

10. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

shoot me a text

11. coffeemug230

Jason - supposedly the district manager got involved. We have a VIN# but can't see if it has what we want on it. If it goes belly up you are the first person I am calling. Expected delivery to the dealer is 5.27

12. coffeemug230

Just a follow up - WE PICKED UP THE CAR YESTERDAY
    I have to say they did it...I may have doubted them but they totally came through. Brand new 15 miles on it. They had it inside the garage even. We gave them a time went right in and signed the papers. Really one of the fastest transactions in terms of finishing the paperwork. Has everything we wanted.

• Like Like x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted