Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

When to pull deposit from dealer?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by coffeemug230, May 14, 2018.

1. coffeemug230

coffeemug230 United States Newish Member

So we deposited a week ago on a GT2 at a local dealer. We want one of 2 colors with AWD and a few other features. They did not have the car on the lot but said no problem they will just trade. Late last week they emailed us asking if we would consider other colors...the answer is no. Other dealers in our region (yes a few hrs drive but not horrendous) have models we want. We are thinking of pulling our deposit and trying to get the car from another dealer before May incentives expire.

When do you back out because the dealer you are working with can't obtain the car you want?

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

With the limited quantity available some places and the 2018 production stopped while they start on the 2019's, some places may not be willing to do trades. You might have to pull it and go to that dealer yourself if you really want one now and don't want to wait. The 2019s should be arriving over the Summer, I would say late June.

3. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Stinger Enthusiast

Check online and see what color combos actually exist in your vicinity. Maybe you are tying for the impossible in color combination? Otherwise, locate the color combo you want, let your dealer know where you found it, and see what he/she can do for you. Hopefully you are getting at least 5% off the sticker (plus manufaturer's incentives).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

after the length of time the dealer quoted, or, when you locate the vehicle you want. it is your money. just as an aside, if there are several other dealers close to you with the same model, pit them against each other. why settle for a color/options that you don't want? just so that you can say you bought said car? good luck and post some pics of your new stinger. nothing like gushing over someone elses car. we all experienced the same reactions, so reliving it through someone else is always cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Active Member

I went 5 hours away to a dealer who sourced the car 5 hours away from them. So, I wanted it bad enough to go 10hours away from my home...

Do not compromise, its your money! Pull it and keep looking. Expand your search!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gilthanis1

gilthanis1 United States Active Member

This, 10000% this. You are buying a fairly expensive car to keep for awhile and enjoy. Why settle for anything less than exactly what you want? As stated, lots of have gone 5-10 hours away from where we live to get the car we want. Keep at it, but DEFINITELY get your deposit back from that dealer. Contact the dealer who has the color combo you want and see what they can do.

7. CtheW0rld

CtheW0rld United States Member

Pull it back, now. I don't think they should have taken a deposit until they were ready to have it transported. Shady.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

Dealers are not wanting to trade and if they do they are keeping a % for themselves which makes the end transaction complicated. I just did a dealer trade and contacted at least 15 dealers. Let me know if we can help.

9. KiaofMuncie

We never take a deposit until we have the vehicle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. STNGRNV

STNGRNV United States Active Member

Just know that dealers aren't very eager to trade their Stingers. So you may wait awhile to get the car from that dealer. See what the other dealers are offering price wise, then go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jdouga

jdouga United States Active Member

In my experience having workwd at various dealers, we usually got the next year models during early fall, when all the end of the year sales start, that is when they try hard to get tid of previous models

• Like Like x 1
  12. coffeemug230

Thanks everyone. Yes we want to the car we want (one of two colors) and have a list of dealers that have it. And onto the Kia.
    I know everyone here loves their car so it will be worth the legwork.
    @KiaofMuncie if you were anywhere near us I would have went to you first!!!

13. MicroBlue

MicroBlue United States Active Member

I’ve had some experiences buying cars. I wouldn’t settle on the options. You aren’t buying a Grand Caravan or Work truck, it’s GT2.

Pull your deposit, search on cars.com and call each dealer who has it. Give thema shot to earn your deal. Fly in and drive home or road trip. These do make fantastic road trip cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KiaofMuncie

• Like Like x 1
  15. coffeemug230

I checked you don't have the color we want :)

16. KiaofMuncie

What are you looking for?

17. A Member Who Left

A Member Who Left United States Active Member

Paramount Kia in Asheville, NC has about two dozen Stingers that are not moving it seems. FYI........

18. coffeemug230

GT2 AWD Black or ceramic silver with 19 factory installed wheels (likes but not a must is remote start)

19. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Active Member

You're about to spend 50k+, negotiate man. A remote start can be had included! Remember, Money can be spent anywhere for anything....

• Like Like x 1
  20. KiaofMuncie

@coffeemug230 I made a few preliminary calls. I think I can get what you want. Text me.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted