Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What is the Stinger Target Market?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by Dr_jitsu, Aug 18, 2019.

1. itguy61

itguy61 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Some people are suspicious when they see a low post count without listing a Stinger in your signature. Hence the troll comments. I really don't care but the arguing is not constructive. Not just blaming you, it takes two to tango.

2. Moses

Moses United States Member

It seems everyone has forgotten the general tone of this thread. Everyone on this thread has expressed their opinion on what the target market is based on their own general experience of what drove them to the Stinger. If someone compared it to an S7 and decided the Stinger was practically similar for their tastes without the price tag of an Audi, that's their choice. I will say, German cars weren't even a factor for me, I really like Audi and Mercedes but hate BMW. However, the cost of ownership is too high on German cars for me. A closer comparison for me was the Taurus and Camry lol. The deciding factor for me was performance and I didn't want front wheel drive. I can see the comparison between the S7 and the Stinger based on body lines, but I don't know what differences there is in the technological aspects. Maybe don't try and shit on each other for differences in opinions?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

I suggest the same. Keep the conversation respectful. Everyone is allowed their opinion. I don't expect to see any further disrespectful comments in this discussion - amongst other things I've noticed...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Not at all. But if you were Forz, it wouldn't be the last time a forum had a former member rejoin under a different handle. It is lamentable that the Net seems to discourage people from simply being ourselves.

5. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

He's not Forza......

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

:rofl:LOL and just saw your sarcastic comments and obvious confusion. I really didnt want to go back and forth anymore, but since you're having issues understanding and mentioned a strange interpretation of a vehicles "features" I'll try one more time to simply this for you.
    I'm sure tons of people on this forum have been in one or even owned a S7, but based on your comments and not seeing all the similarities that my friend and other S7 owners have mentioned to me shows how little you know about that car.
    That's a very unusual interpretation of what a vehicles "features" are and I see that your word choice is what's causing your confusion. Material & build quality do not show up on a vehicles "feature" list and by definition are qualities not features. Same goes for "service", its not a comparable window sticker item and is also a quality of Audi's service center not the vehicle itself. My comments were specifically talking about comparable vehicle "features" and nobody but yourself was talking about comparing Audi's service, or their build & material quality.

So, you are the one adding other unrelated benefits that a luxury brand has to compare and try to justify the extra cost. That's your bias showing, but it actually works against you and shows the Stinger in even more of a positive light. The fact that luxury brand fans must resort to bragging about their service centers or slightly better "fit & finish" to account for an extra $30-$40k really shows how far Kia has come. Most people that aren't brand snobs would rather pay about HALF as much for a GT2 and save almost $40k to sacrifice Valcona leather vs Nappa leather and a few hidden pieces of plastic.;)

Lastly, my cousin is mentally disabled so I don't appreciate your sad attempt at humor and suggest you stop trying to disrespect and insult others.:thumbdown:

Okay I'm done with this conversation and trying to teach people when they are too biased & argumentative to learn. Enjoy living in your bubble and lets just agree to disagree. I wish you the best and have a nice day.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019 at 6:01 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. me&stinger

me&stinger Active Member

What was Kia Stinger's market? Me. :thumbup:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lord3Putt

Lord3Putt United States Member

Oh the hypocrisy

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Lawrence Williams

Lawrence Williams United States Active Member

I compared the Stinger to a 2017 S7 ....new 100k ; CPO 58-75k mileage depending ....the S7 V8 450hp is obviously the better engine especially with the highway 4 cylinder deactivation feature. The interior is dated , lacks creature comforts, AND overall reliability which can't be argued.....the cost to own factor is off the charts.

Saying that, sure most Audi/BMW/MB cars have better "build quality " as they have a massive head start on making upper echelon cars. Knocking Kia for it's attempt to compete with the "big boys" shows your slighted view of the brand. Each brand started somewhere and if this the turning point for Kia as brand (it should be) then be glad you're apart of the ecosystem.

It's really funny what names mean to some people.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted