What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Just received some Eibach sway bars for the front and rear. After reading various glowing reviews on this site, I'm excited to get these installed.

Also, big thanks to @NICK_KHAR for the quick shipping and responsive order. :thumbup:
Well - I can confirm, the rumors are true. Sway bars are one of the best upgrades available for this car.

I installed new Eibach sway bars today, both front and rear, and the feel going around a corner is a night and day difference. The car feels more connected left and right. The wonky, uncertain body roll is gone and cornering is flat. The steering input is much more responsive.

Now to find some spare time and seek out some twisty roads. :thumbup: So far, this is a definite recommendation. The install was also just as predicted: front = easy, rear = not bad, but F* that one bolt on the driver side. Thanks to @YOWStinger for the write up and tool recommendations. That 18" flex head was perfect for the job.

ChaneRZ

Drove for an hour in WI at night going 70 and made a bug city. Mega wash incoming.
yeah I hate that! I put a blue painters tape on mine if I know I’m gonna hit up bug city lol.

Last edited:

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
All cleaned & ready for its 40,000km Service tomorrow morning.
5EABCAB6-8228-4377-BDB3-F4BEBFB345BE.jpeg

JayTX

Houston, TX
I spent about 1.5 hours installing the akrapovic round tips to the Borla exhaust I have installed. I had to trim some of the plastic down. It started raining so I had to get them snug and in place. I will do some adjustments/alignment once the weather clears up. I love the new look. I never did like the oval shiny chrome look of the tips before. I am very happy. Also the tips were free because Aliexpress sucks! View attachment 48108 View attachment 48109 View attachment 48110
Are your tips 51x89mm?

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Drove for an hour in WI at night going 70 and made a bug city. Mega wash incoming.
Miraculously, your plate is spotless! :D

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
All cleaned & ready for its 40,000km Service tomorrow morning.
View attachment 48487
Currently sitting at my Kia dealer, GWK, I note that not one new Stinger is on the lot, only a Micro Blue Demo which seems to tell me that the MY21 should hit dealerships pretty soon.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Currently sitting at my Kia dealer, GWK, I note that not one new Stinger is on the lot, only a Micro Blue Demo which seems to tell me that the MY21 should hit dealerships pretty soon.
Service all done, but the Manager stated that he was not going to charge me extra for the upgraded diff oil this time.....
I told him I won’t be paying for it next time either, I have capped price servicing & as my diff oil was replaced 2 years ago on a Kia Technical Service Bulletin it’s a Kia warranty issue & I won’t be paying to additional $100+ for the upgraded oil.
This oil was added to “fix” a diff issue.
I then said if you don’t want to use this oil then Kia can change my diff under warranty, either way I’m not paying anything.
I told him the price difference in the upgraded diff oil is Kia’s problem & not the dealers & especially not the customers.
So be aware that some dealers may try this at your 40k service when the diff oil is scheduled to be changed.

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
Probably a stupid question, but just wondering does anyone in the U.S do their own diff oil change or take to the dealer to do it. My hit 30,000 miles and I am thinking of changing the diff oil?
Do you have the LSD (Limited Slip Differential)?

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
No LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential) for mine.
Unless you are hooning or tracking this thing everyday and twice on Sunday, there is absolutely no need to replace the diff oil unless you had a LSD (Limited Slip Differential). Even the manual validates it (and they are relatively aggressive on servicing in my opinion compared to other cars I’ve had).

Johnni

Fresno, California
Unless you are hooning or tracking this thing everyday and twice on Sunday, there is absolutely no need to replace the diff oil unless you had a LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential). Even the manual validates it (and they are relatively aggressive on servicing in my opinion compared to other cars I’ve had).
Thanks for the respond @nhcowboy28, I don't track my car, but I do drive it everyday to work, 100 miles each day, five day a week and its all highway miles.

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
Installed my Eibach front and rear sway bars. The rear is indeed a big of a pain in the ass as all reports state. Had to do a tool run mid install. Without a swivel head ratchet don't try this at home. Spring for a 14mm mid size socket too.

I washed it. I left it home today because of the hurricane. It was under a carport but that didn't stop the rain from soaking it. Then the wind blew every bit of debris from the yard on to it. This included grass from when I cut it yesterday, mud, small twigs, dead bugs, etc... Then the rain stopped and the wind dried all that crap on it. My car looked like a mosaic when I got home. I didn't even go in the house. I had to wash it right away.

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
That little red GT should have been there all along!

GT Drive Mode.jpg