What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
Got my first oil change on Saturday after 6 months and 4165 mile of mostly short trips around town. I took it to an independent mechanic who I trust and was there to take in the whole process. I bought the OEM filter on line and also bought some Valvoline 5-30 synthetic for Modern Engines since it is supposedly designed for direct injection engines to help mitigate intake valve carbon build-up. Then I proceeded to spruce her up with Beadmaker, using it as a detailing spray. I am thinking I will not need to do much more maintenance for another 6 months, at which point I plan to run it by the dealer.

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA
Installed a set of Add W1 Blow Off Valves. :)

20200719_065511.jpg

I had to trim my SXTH Element Catch Can GT bracket (which really hurt to do!) to get them to fit. Good thing I have an extra bracket in red just in case. :p

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA
I wish there was not 3-4 different red colours under the hood in this pic. :D
Pictures don't do it justice, it does look much better in person.

My girlfriend's Jeep just got a nasty bullseye last week. I tried one of those Permatex brand windshield repair kits that AutoZone sells and it actually worked surprisingly well. It's probably 90% invisible now. I was most worried about just stopping it from extending further, but she's so happy with the final result she isn't even bothering with new glass. Maybe give that a shot.
I ended up taking it to Go Glass and they injected it with something:) and it is barely visible at all. Didn't cost me anything, insurance.

Oh damn, I missed this a long time ago, but I only got this sorted out over the last couple of weeks, so maybe good that I didn't reply until now.

I had one set of Whiteline front endlinks on until recently, they got really squeaky through the winter, I don't know if they were just defective or if something else was going on.

But I digress, they kindly sent another set for me to get fitted, and we wanted to be 100% sure they were properly installed, so we put it up on the hoist, swapped the endlinks, then got it on the alignment machine so that we were under load and could adjust. There doesn't seem to be a huge range of motion in the ball joints on the whitelines, you really can't install these solo in your garage by the instructions they send. Also worth noting that the nuts on the turnbuckle come loose pretty easily and need some loctite to keep them in place.

Once you've got them on an alignment machine, get one person in the car, and have them turn the car left, right, left, right, left, right, each time checking that you have a full range of motion and that the end link doesn't bind, make an adjustment, rinse and repeat, then loosen, add loctite to the nuts, and tighten them down again. If the ball joints had a larger range of motion I don't think this would be a problem, but it seems like they only just fit with the turnbuckle aligned just right.

Right now I'm not having any problems which is a huge relief.
***Sorry for the beginer question here...***

How hard would it be to switch the WL Endlinks from soft to stiff at home, without lifting the car? Is it doable? Seems pretty straight forward to me, right? Untighten the bolts, place it in the stiff holes, tighten the bolts and that's it?

Snowwhite

***Sorry for the beginer question here...***

How hard would it be to switch the WL Endlinks from soft to stiff at home, without lifting the car? Is it doable? Seems pretty straight forward to me, right? Untighten the bolts, place it in the stiff holes, tighten the bolts and that's it?
It’s doable, but will take much longer. You need an Allen wrench to keep the post from spinning and a 17mm short wrench to get enough turns to loosen it, then you can turn the rest of the way with your fingers.

I’ve done it both wheels on and off. The time savings in taking off the wheels is well worth the extra work of jacking up the car.

if you do take off the wheels, jack stands are a must, so you can use the jack to raise the suspension a bit to make it easier to remove and reinsert the end link.

I did my rears this morning in 30 minutes, one side at a time. Went from soft to firm. Front is still on soft. Haven’t had enough driving yet to tell much difference.

roadtripguy

Bay Area, CA
Had the dark chrome window trim replaced by the dealer under warranty on my 18 GT2. Odometer sitting at 13k right now and the trim has been spotting / discolored since the first oil change. No hassle from the dealer in getting the work approved and ordering the parts.

Ulikefishsticks

I spent about 1.5 hours installing the akrapovic round tips to the Borla exhaust I have installed. I had to trim some of the plastic down. It started raining so I had to get them snug and in place. I will do some adjustments/alignment once the weather clears up. I love the new look. I never did like the oval shiny chrome look of the tips before. I am very happy. Also the tips were free because Aliexpress sucks! 20200723_170549.jpg 20200723_163907.jpg 20200723_170542.jpg

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Ordered Eibach sway bars, front and rear, and a set of snorkels. Need a weekend off work, ha, to install them and the rest of my Maxton kit.
Sounds like fun. Post an update about the Maxton kit. I'm interested to see how easy (or not) it installs

The Madhouse

20200723_194523.jpg 20200723_192627.jpg
Might be my favorite mod.

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
Sounds like fun. Post an update about the Maxton kit. I'm interested to see how easy (or not) it installs
It's not hard, but easier, especially the side skirts, with a second set of hands.

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA

The Madhouse

That steering wheel looks awesome! Curious about your shifter, what is it?
Hyundai Elantra/I30 N and N Line.