Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Richard Martinson, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Choppa

Choppa United States Member

Well fortunately the shields direct the flow back towards the filters so I'm good with it. Sounds great and looks good which is what I was aiming for ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Active Member

Bought this small, black chrome Stinger emblem by mistake and finally got around to finding a place for it. I was worried that a deploying air bag may send this badge into my passengers face but I found that the passenger airbag actually deploys up near the windshield so no danger of this becoming a mini missile due to the airbag. I think I like it :) It's a nice, heavy, high quality emblem.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Stinger Enthusiast

Where'd you get this from?

4. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

The k8 stinger store I think. That's where I saw it.

5. Uzurk

Uzurk United States Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Buzzrush

Sal's got them. It's a bit misleading on the site as it shows an orange Stinger with the small rear script on the grill (which many of us have done) so I thought it was this script but in black chrome. It's much smaller than that. Sal listed the dimensions but I didn't pay attention to it so it was my fault. I contacted Sal and he was very accommodating offering me a refund but I really liked the emblem so I decided to keep it and put it there. Looks like it belongs there I think...wife hasn't said a word about it yet :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Buzzrush

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Choppa

Choppa United States Member

Maxton Design Spoiler added. GT2 Badges added front and rear.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. Uzurk

Got my car back from the shop where I had Ark GT-F springs, Denso plugs, Ark Downpipe and MBRP exhaust installed. I got some of those Amazon exhaust tips too, but will most likely replace them with the oval tips that are on their way from AliExpress.

Attached some pics of how the car sits. I love how it looks and feels now. Makes the front sit much more in line with the rears.

I don't have any sound clips for the exhaust right this second, but it sounds great from the outside. It's a little droney around 2k RPMs, but it's not too bad. I'm going to add some sound dampening material to the floor of the hatch to see if that helps. But the added power from the downpipe and exhaust is noticable!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  10. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada 1000 Posts Club!

How do you find the ride quality with the GT-F springs? Do you have any other suspension mods like swaybars or just the springs?

11. TimT

TimT Estonia Member

So exactly 1 month ago, during the first huge snow storm of the year, I had a small but unfortunate incident, which ended up meaning my front bumper, intercooler, front suspension for both wheels and many other things were messed up, additionally both front wheels and one back wheel had to be changed..
    So today I got my Stinger back and it is also now lowered on KW Springs that I had purchased, now next week to get Vossen summer wheels on, unless the weather decides to dip again to minus degrees.
    The KW Springs seem to be exactly what I wanted, not too low to be unpractical in shitty Estonian roads but will still look good with the 20's.
    I drove a Toyota RAV4 provided by my insurance company for a month and even though it felt super nice going into the car at 198cm of height, nothing beats the emotion of sitting into my Stinger and firing it up to get going.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Uzurk

Just the springs right now. It honestly feels about the same, but slightly stiffer. I think if I didn't tell anyone, I don't think you would be able to tell I had them installed based on how it drives (which to me is a good thing).

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. YOWStinger

YOWStinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Oh damn, I missed this a long time ago, but I only got this sorted out over the last couple of weeks, so maybe good that I didn't reply until now.

I had one set of Whiteline front endlinks on until recently, they got really squeaky through the winter, I don't know if they were just defective or if something else was going on.

But I digress, they kindly sent another set for me to get fitted, and we wanted to be 100% sure they were properly installed, so we put it up on the hoist, swapped the endlinks, then got it on the alignment machine so that we were under load and could adjust. There doesn't seem to be a huge range of motion in the ball joints on the whitelines, you really can't install these solo in your garage by the instructions they send. Also worth noting that the nuts on the turnbuckle come loose pretty easily and need some loctite to keep them in place.

Once you've got them on an alignment machine, get one person in the car, and have them turn the car left, right, left, right, left, right, each time checking that you have a full range of motion and that the end link doesn't bind, make an adjustment, rinse and repeat, then loosen, add loctite to the nuts, and tighten them down again. If the ball joints had a larger range of motion I don't think this would be a problem, but it seems like they only just fit with the turnbuckle aligned just right.

Right now I'm not having any problems which is a huge relief.

14. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

I'm in the process of pealing my Plasti Dip off all of my wheels , I love the look of black wheels BUT the PD comes off the beads when the tires are compressed hitting bumps etc and makes them look like they have curb rash .................. I'll paint them black over the next few weeks , hopefully that works better ..................

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  15. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

Paint them, and not powder coat?

16. westcoastGT

..................I'll spell it again slowly ............P...A...I...N...T ............................:D

17. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

Just making sure you were using your terms accurately. :p Why paint and not powder coat?

18. westcoastGT

$$$ and ease of doing it , I dont want to give my car up for a few days , and ................I'm bored poopless and need things to do !

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tysonren

tysonren Canada Member

I FINALLY rebadged.
    I had to buy stronger fishing line, and some good gone.
    My rubber wheel took the goop off in there back, but I tore my clear bra in the front, so I ditched it.
    I don't do much highway driving so I was considering removing the entire thing anyway.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shrikecorp

Shrikecorp United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Heard that. Tomorrow is...day 19 working from home. Can only tolerate so many conference calls a day without diversions.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted