1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Richard Martinson, Nov 20, 2017.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

queer...........................

2. Konstantin

Konstantin United States Member

Installed these protection caps
    0ADFF777-B909-4895-9A0E-542CFAC70425.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tinter

Tinter Australia Member

I got them too but wished now I had bought them in black as I have a red car and the stainless steel look gets lost imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

What do they protect ??

5. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

From you doing the base aluminium piece.

6. GenesisG70

Got me some awesome Thinkware dash cams one for wife one for me. Don't buy cheap chinese knock offs.
    20190514_202942.jpg

7. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy United States Active Member Sustaining Member +

Today I cried. Got my first paint chip in the front bumper this weekend, I thought it was a love bug until I couldn't wipe it off.

It's right next to the dimple where you would put the front plate. It's small but its nagging at me.

20190514_185724.jpg

8. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I'd highly recommend get that touched up and PPF film applied to the front end. PPF was one of the first things I had done to the car, and by using an experienced independent I save a large amount of cash over what the dealer wanted. It's done a tremendous job or protecting the paint so far.

With a proper job that chip will be imperceptible, and the PPF will save you from a lot of future grief. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. GenesisG70

I am tired of paying thousands of dollars to get ppf not worth to save you some paint chips, get a good touch up paint.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Konstantin

Konstantin United States Member

My eyes from seeing bolts :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Complete front end PPF is not "thousands of dollars". A full priced job will run c. $1,500 tops. And I got mine discounted to c. $930; done, clear back to the brake vents and windshield.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

That's an odd picture. Looks like "leprosy" bubbling beside peeling. That doesn't look like an impact to me. It looks like it's still peeling. I bet if you pick at the edges with your fingernail it'll start to peel bigger. If that is the case, then your entire bumper probably has adhesion issues. Two choices, then: get it resprayed under warranty (days, weeks or even stupid months of lost car time!?); or touch up and get PPF on pronto. Then you won't have to worry about paint peeling off until you peel the PPF off 5 to 10 years from now.

13. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

I think you can do considerably better if you shop around.

I had these two Xpel packages applied by a very experienced mobile installer, who came and did the job in my garage over about a 3.5 hour period. The workmanship was excellent, and very labour intensive to install all the detail pieces like the black chrome strips.

They also installed additional PPF for the door handle pockets and headlights, all for 575 CAD (about 425 USD). The dealer wanted closer to 1500 CAD, for less coverage.

upload_2019-5-15_9-45-54.png
    upload_2019-5-15_9-50-18.png

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy United States Active Member Sustaining Member +

The car is actually ceramic coated. So it had to be a pretty hard impact to cause that damage. I know a lot of people say go PPF but after much debate, I went the Ceramic coating route and washing love bugs off have been a dream.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GenesisG70

Im taking about wrapping you r whole car like i did for my r8 is thousand of dollars i rather have few chips here and there than paying 1500 it is unreasonable how much these people charge you.

16. GenesisG70

No way im paying almost 1000 usd for that job i rather have few chips here and there

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club!

I was willing to pay ~$2k to wrap mine before I bought it, but since owning, I've decided I love the color more than I had expected.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. NYdito

NYdito United States Stinger Enthusiast

Installed carbon fiber diffuser and new promo code for spoilers in spoilerkings.

Stinger

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BlasterJax93

BlasterJax93 United States Member

Rebadged front with K Stinger badge. Also foamed it and coated it with Shine Armor Fortify quick coat! 20190515_195046.jpg 20190515_201113.jpg

20. YOWStinger

YOWStinger Canada Active Member

I've got ppf and a good rust bubble under it on my Ford Flex, still hesitating on doing it on the Stinger

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted