kia stinger store

[VENDOR][FS]: Kia Stinger Aluminum Paddle Shifter Extensions - K8 Stinger Store

Rango

1000 Posts Club!
Memphis, TN
From your video, it looks like it works, just not when grabbing on the very tip of the paddle shifter.

Yes. They definitely work. Even extends the pressure point a bit beyond the OEM shifters. Just thought they would be "fully" functional to the tips. Don't get me wrong ... I still love them and will keep them installed. Good buy compared to many other purchases that ended up in the "no mod" Stinger drawer.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Yes. They definitely work. Even extends the pressure point a bit beyond the OEM shifters. Just thought they would be "fully" functional to the tips. Don't get me wrong ... I still love them and will keep them installed. Good buy compared to many other purchases that ended up in the "no mod" Stinger drawer.
I agree with you there. Thanks for sharing as well!

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
Agreed...blasting their logo all over the place is a no go for me...

Is there any reason why the stock ones cannot be removed? Ive not looked but seems to me would be a cleaner install to remove and replace instead of install over. Perhaps the stock ones do not come out??

Id be interested in pics of the silver installed as well, however, my fear is the logos on that one as well.

EDIT: i just looked at the install PDF and it appears these are using a friction fit with the screws. Has there been any issues with damage to the stock paddles using this? I see possibility for the install screws to "rub" on the OE paddles and scratch them up pretty good.
Here are some photos of the silver installed. It looks like it matches well against the stock paddle shifters

Stinger_paddle_silver_1024x1024.jpg

NdWtwVK.jpg

Rango

1000 Posts Club!
Memphis, TN
Thanks Paul

The silver does blend the logo better, still a no for me however.

True. Money spent better elsewhere for the price of these. Still I love them! Cool looking, and the more fingers on the shifter ... the better! PS got the black so they won't glisten during my sunset drives!:thumbup:

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Just to clarify, none of our paddle shifter extensions will come with any engraving on them.

We are in the process of updating the images on our site, but can confirm that if you order from us, there will be no engraving.

We also have a beautiful new Blue color in stock now as well, which we will soon have more pics of up on the site.

Now is the time to order, as these are 20% off until the end of the year...

Im interested in these paddle shifters, but Im curious about whether the screws that hold the paddles over the stock paddles will cause any physical damage or abrasion to the stock paddles.

To the people that already have these, have you taken the paddles off at all to see if they cause any damage?

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
Im interested in these paddle shifters, but Im curious about whether the screws that hold the paddles over the stock paddles will cause any physical damage or abrasion to the stock paddles.

To the people that already have these, have you taken the paddles off at all to see if they cause any damage?

They will cause a small dimple where the screw contacts the stock paddle.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor

It’s a very small mark on the original paddle shifter, but it’s not noticeable with the extension installed.

That's exactly what I was worried about. Thank you!
Not really anything to worry about. If you are very concerned, you can always replace the original factory plastic paddle shifters for less than $30 for the pair of them.

Honestly they are tiny and I wouldn’t worry about it. But that’s up to you.
Exactly, it is very tiny, but as mentioned above, one could always replace the original paddle shifters with new ones for very inexpensive.

It’s a very small mark on the original paddle shifter, but it’s not noticeable with the extension installed.

Not really anything to worry about. If you are very concerned, you can always replace the original factory plastic paddle shifters for less than $30 for the pair of them.

Exactly, it is very tiny, but as mentioned above, one could always replace the original paddle shifters with new ones for very inexpensive.

Ah, ok. I was not aware that they are inexpensive to replace.

Do you by chance have a video of someone using the paddle shifters (first person for example)?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor

Do you by chance have a video of someone using the paddle shifters (first person for example)?
Yeah they are very inexpensive to replace.

I do not, but I can try and take a video for you. They are more for cosmetic purposes than anything else, as they look really good in the interior once installed.

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL

Cheap to replace however a lot of labor to replace as the entire steering wheel has to come apart from my understanding.