Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
K8_Stinger_Store_MAIN_-_PNG.png

Is excited to present to the Stinger forums:

The Kia Stinger Aluminum Paddle Shifter Extensions

(BUY NOW)

Description:
Gone are the days of feeling plastic paddle shifters when you go to change gears. Upgrade your Stinger's paddle shifters, with these billet aluminum paddle shifters
Not only do these change the feel of your paddle shifters but they also extend their length for effortless shifting!
Complete with upshift (+) and downshift (-) indicators on the top & bottom of each corresponding paddle.
Made specifically for the Kia Stinger and installs in minutes.
Comes in anodized Red, Blue, Black, and Silver finish.

Specifications:
Made from 100% high-quality billet aluminum alloy
Fire resistant, durable construction
Oxidation imported paint designed not to fade
Just over 10 oz gross weight
Comes in a pair, L (-) / R (+)

Vehicle Applications:

2018+ Kia Stinger (All Trims)

Installation:
DIY Installation PDF
Simple bolt-on installation
Mounting screws and hex key included for install

Red_Paddle_Shifter_Extensions_1024x1024.PNG

Blue_Paddle_Shifter_Extensions_1024x1024.png

Silver_Paddle_Shifter_Extensions_1024x1024.PNG

Kia_Stinger_paddle_shifter_extenders_8_1024x1024.jpg

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
It would be nice if there was a set that matched the satin finish of the existing ones.
Unfortunately it's hard to match painted plastic compared to anodized metal. The silver version is your best bet to matching the stock ones. I'll see if I can get some photos for a comparison

Mach_Tuck

1000 Posts Club!
Phoenix, AZ
I raised concern over this as well. I like a cleaner look with just the (+) and (-). Good feedback though, something we can bring up to change possibly.
Agreed...blasting their logo all over the place is a no go for me...

Is there any reason why the stock ones cannot be removed? Ive not looked but seems to me would be a cleaner install to remove and replace instead of install over. Perhaps the stock ones do not come out??

Id be interested in pics of the silver installed as well, however, my fear is the logos on that one as well.

EDIT: i just looked at the install PDF and it appears these are using a friction fit with the screws. Has there been any issues with damage to the stock paddles using this? I see possibility for the install screws to "rub" on the OE paddles and scratch them up pretty good.

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
Agreed...blasting their logo all over the place is a no go for me...

Is there any reason why the stock ones cannot be removed? Ive not looked but seems to me would be a cleaner install to remove and replace instead of install over. Perhaps the stock ones do not come out??

Id be interested in pics of the silver installed as well, however, my fear is the logos on that one as well.

EDIT: i just looked at the install PDF and it appears these are using a friction fit with the screws. Has there been any issues with damage to the stock paddles using this? I see possibility for the install screws to "rub" on the OE paddles and scratch them up pretty good.
That depends on how tight you tighten the screws I guess. The paddle shifters fit snugly already before installing the screws so a lot of force or need for them to be "extra" tight isnt a concern.

Rango

1000 Posts Club!
Memphis, TN
Got them last week. Spray painted the logos black. The flash makes the logos look more obvious after painting. In normal light, its hardly noticable. These look cool but are not really functional. You still have to place your fingers in the middle of the paddle shifters to shift. Trying to shift by placing your fingers where the pluses and minuses are will only bend the plastic OEM paddle shifter and not shift. 20180606_012139.jpg

Last edited:

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
Can you also confirm that the paddle shifters for the Stinger are actually plastic correct?

Got them last week. Spray painted the logos black. The flash makes the logos look more obvious after painting. In normal light, its hardly noticable. These look cool but are not really functional. You still have to place your fingers in the middle of the paddle shifters to shift. Trying to shift by placing your fingers where the pluses and minuses are will only bend the plastic OEM paddle shifter and not shift. View attachment 8363
Great feedback, thanks for sharing! They definitely look more OE with the black, hopefully we can get some shots with the silver to compare soon!

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
These look cool but are not really functional. You still have to place your fingers in the middle of the paddle shifters to shift. Trying to shift by placing your fingers where the pluses and minuses are will only bend the plastic OEM paddle shifter and not shift.

That’s disappointing. I was worried that there might not be enough leverage to function but I thought with them bolted on it would work.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
These look cool but are not really functional. You still have to place your fingers in the middle of the paddle shifters to shift. Trying to shift by placing your fingers where the pluses and minuses are will only bend the plastic OEM paddle shifter and not shift.
This is interesting, when I installed them onto our sponsored stinger vehicle that came into the shop, I didn't have any issue with being able to shift the gears after install pressing above or below the center. Did you tighten them down nice and snug?

That’s disappointing. I was worried that there might not be enough leverage to function but I thought with them bolted on it would work.
Yeah, that seems odd, it would kind of defeat the purpose if they didn't function that way, I mean other than for looks.

They certainly feel plastic to me...
I am nearly positive the original paddle shifters are in fact plastic, and not metal.