Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

[VENDOR][FS]: Kia Stinger 3.3T - Ultimate Performance HFC Downpipe + Mid Pipe Kit - K8 Stinger Store

Discussion in 'Performance Products' started by Paul @ K8 Stinger Store, Sep 10, 2018.

1. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

That run is pretty useless. And a dyno from stock to IC, DP and Tune will also be useless.

They need to dyno a stock car then with just the DPs added. They can do additional runs adding the tune and IC.

SSR did this for their secondary deletes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Stinger Enthusiast Authorized Vendor

No not useless, I think its great to see the difference made with just IC mid/down pipes and a tune.

As previously stated a dyno is soon to come, I'm just sharing what I have right now

3. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

I think the problem is that we don't know the car actually ran a 13.7 when it was stock and the post-mod dyno results won't tell us how much improvement the individual mods made without accompanied pre-mod results from the same dyno.

4. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

No I get that. Well for those looking for hard numbers we'll have dyno results soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaJackson

If your trying to sell a “power package” with all 3 things sure. But your selling just the downpipe in this thread. And there’s no way to determine if the DP is helping (or even hurting) the 1/4 miles times with this data.

Someone on FB posted that the DPs now made the car an 11s car. Just a lot of shady car part marketing going on.

6. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Active Member

Relax people. The down pipe will make 25-30 hp. Do the full set of bolt ons and an ecu tune and youll have your 11 second car. (RWD) That 1.92 60 foot is impressive for limited mods and 5000 foot elevation. Gotta love the Tork tune.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaJackson

The SSR Secondary Delete makes that amount of power (with a dyno sheet) for $1000 less.

8. Oryan

Oryan United States Member

More to having a faster car than just peak power gains. I really want to see the dyno and look for gains throughout the rev range. Area under the curve is more important than a higher peak number. Also the reduced restriction should lower EGTs and turbos require less energy to spin which in theory means less additional strain on the motor to make that power. But yeah. A dyno would be nice.

9. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Active Member

Forgot this isnt just a down pipe so with high flow primary Cat it should be more than 30 hp. We shall see.

10. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

SSR's are also NOT catted, you always pay more for cats compared to test pipes. Some customers want or are required to retain cats for emissions inspections which you would not pass deleting cats in many States including mine (NC)

11. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

Are you saying that it won't pass inspection with confidence or as a supposition? The SSR pipes remove the secondary cats and leave the primary. A visual inspection of the exhaust would still show cats being in place and there are no error codes thrown by the ECU since there is no O2 sensor behind the secondaries anyway.

12. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

I forgot SSR left primaries. Good reminder

But it depends on your State, I had HFC on my Z a few years ago and they said it wouldnt pass a visual inspection. I wasnt throwing any codes either. Just depends on your State and how strict they are. I only say this because I'm speaking from experience here in NC.

13. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

That's purty.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted