Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

[VENDOR][FS]: Kia Stinger 3.3T - Ultimate Performance HFC Downpipe + Mid Pipe Kit - K8 Stinger Store

Discussion in 'Performance Products' started by Paul @ K8 Stinger Store, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Stinger Enthusiast Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChiTownStinger

ChiTownStinger United States Active Member

Interested to hear more on this from someone who has it installed.

3. Anarchy99

Anarchy99 United States Member

Same here....I wanted to buy it but $1400 with no dyno to show us what the potential is or even track times, no clear indication if you will get overboost codes without a tune.

Sound clips sound really good though.

Want to see how this progresses.

4. ChiTownStinger

ChiTownStinger United States Active Member

Where are the sound clips?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anarchy99

Anarchy99 United States Member

Hit up the Stinger Owners Facebook page, he has some rev videos. Type in Ultimate Performance.

6. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

Yeah, the clip sounded amazing. You won't want a muffler delete and this installed!

From my understanding this kit removes the factory primary and secondary cats, replaces them with high flow cats and runs the piping down to the point at which a typical cat back exhaust would hook up.

Most have been calling the pipe between the primary cat and the exhaust the downpipe and the section between the downpipe and the axle area as the midpipe.

Just need to clarify the terminology.
    I think this description will mess a lot of people up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Still not sure why this is $1500

8. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

My guess is the premium for replacing the 2 cats with single high flow varieties.
    They are first to market.

9. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

First to market I’ll agree with but charging more for downpipe a than most catbacks is crazy talk to me.

I’m waiting on the SSR secondary delete to ship so I don’t have to worry about overboost codes. Someone will come out with a more reasonably priced primary delete with testing to back it up soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

Good HFC's do cost a lot, and they seem to have used ones with 6" maybe even an 8" body which is more than your typical 3" that most use, so they must be expensive. Typically downpipes with dual HFC's go for $1,500+, so the price for this I think is reasonable.

My only grip is that they didn't go with a cast wide mouth inlet that is shaped exactly like the turbo outlet, even though it is 2.4" at the inlet it will still have areas that will block and cause turbulence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

I agree!

So, how many hours figured for install time?

Does the engine have to be dropped to install the primary downpipes?

This must be good for an additional 50 HP with proper tuning, I would imagine?

12. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

13. Jonathan Lasich

So, with the O2 sensor non fouler installed, if there is no tune on the car, i assume no CEL or other warning lights illuminated? I'm planning on an ECU tune with a spare ECU, so for service at the dealer put the OEM ECU back on the car so no indication of a tune on the car. I'm thinking about when we take the car back to the dealer for service. No issues that would alert the service tech that something is amiss?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

15. Jonathan Lasich

That's OK. Them being installed doesn't bother me. Detecting an ECU tune would be a problem. As long as the dealership thinks that the only mods are the downpipes (if they check) and nothing else, I should be OK. The dealership is mod friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

17. Oryan

Oryan United States Active Member

1400 for two big, quality magnaflow cats isn't crazy. It's about in line with a lot of other platforms and assuming design and quality is there is a perfectly reasonable price. Can't wait to see these on a dyno.

18. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

The overall price $1,400 considering that they are using MagnaFlow HFC's and that it is basically both down-pipe and mid-pipe is a good deal.

You get what you paid for at the end, as MagnaFlow HFC's and the like (SLP, Flowmaster etc etc) don't flow as good or last as long as the higher quality (and more expensive) HFC's such as the German made HJS when used in high performance turbo applications. Cars that are tuned and run higher EGT's will give the HFC a hard time and many using the lower quality HFC's have reported melting them or rattling due damage etc. I would say the second best available HFC's are made by GESI (Vibrant).

I personally would have liked to have seen this with 200 CELL HJS HFC's and a widemouth (bellmouth) design at the turbo flange for maximum flow, definitely with the HJS HFC's it will be closer to the $2k price range which I will be happy to pay as I have used HJS HFC's before, they will outflow and maintain better cleaning quality and outlast any HFC out their.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jonathan Lasich

This I would like to know!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

• Like Like x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted