Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Uvo display restarting itself

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by Scottm61, Jun 8, 2019.

1. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Thanks for the info. Will try changing the station.

2. Scottm61

Scottm61 United States Newish Member

Confirmed, its just 94.5 for me. Messed around with it a bit more and espn never triggered it and neither did the others that I saw scanning through.

3. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

So definitely something in the hd radio or extra data sent in Houston as in Atlanta, 94.5 comes in fine. No issues on ether normal/HD changing to adjacent stations and back.

4. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Well, happy to report that it is in fact the radio station (94.5). I changed it yesterday after work on my way home and no problems. Also this morning on my way to work tried different stations, except for 94.5 and they all worked great, as did my BT and satellite radio. So definitely it is an issue with 94.5 and the data they transmitting over their RDS.

5. dermunkee

dermunkee United States Newish Member

This morning, 94.5 was NOT transmitting HD, and there were no issues on my commute.

6. robz32

Good to know. They probably got notice of the issue and stopped transmitting in HD to solve the problem.

7. Scottm61

Scottm61 United States Newish Member

Interesting. I wonder if its specifically reacting to Kia's headunits or if it is doing the same to other brands as well from their HD stream.

8. MrMegadeth

MrMegadeth United States New Member

Just wanted to post as a guest but my Genesis G70 (same as a Stinger really) has the same issue. I AM in Houston. I DO listen to 94.5 and DO have the HD on.

I'll experiment at home since I am on the bike today.

I had posted this on the Genesis site but cannot share the link as I'm too new.

Thanks for the lead!

Edit: For anyone further down the rat hole....dealer able to do anything? Anyone tell Rodd or the Radio Wizard? Haha

9. robz32

lol!....welcome aboard.

Dealer is likely not of much help here as it is an issue with the data transmitted by the radio station.

10. dermunkee

dermunkee United States Newish Member

Those who have made service appointments should do their best to ensure that the dealership escalates to Kia. Ideally, they'd do a root cause analysis and include a fix in a software update (if a fix can be made there).

11. MrMegadeth

MrMegadeth United States New Member

Checked mine this morning....no Buzz HD signal and no boot loop. Listened to 88.7's HD and no loop. I guess that was it :confused:

I am going to cancel my appt because they will just say they cannot replicate and it'll be a waste of my time. I was willing to still go even if I knew the cause and could reproduce. C'est la vie

12. robz32

same here. Listened to 94.5 with no HD (they are no longer transmitting HD) with no problems. I was able to tune in to other stations transmitting in HD and no problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted