• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

Utah Stingers

reddogpbl

Hey, my name is josh, we got a 2022 GT2, absolutely love it! Tinted the windows, did the intake, changed the plugs, did PPF on the whole front end and rocker panels. We are powder coating the rims next week to a bronze chrome satin, I can’t wait!

Attachments

• 511B3A41-CE89-48E9-A1C8-7FC7CF7B9D20.jpeg
    511B3A41-CE89-48E9-A1C8-7FC7CF7B9D20.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 5

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Welcome, Josh. What part of the State are you at?

ryno5514

Hey, my name is josh, we got a 2022 GT2, absolutely love it! Tinted the windows, did the intake, changed the plugs, did PPF on the whole front end and rocker panels. We are powder coating the rims next week to a bronze chrome satin, I can’t wait!
Welcome to the crew!!!!

ISTING

Newish Member
Utah
hey guys i been having some buddies of mine tell me i should start producing rims for the stinger and sale them, awhile back i made some carbon fiber wheels that weigh a little more then 5 lbs each which is crazy weight savings, i dont think anyone else out there is even close i did this more as of fun project on my spare time. i was thinking about taking them off and finding areas for improvement to reduce weight but maintain its strength, i think i may even be able to make them even more lighter maybe in the high 3 lbs each, do you think people would buy them? if so what would you think i should charge for them? i think i need to start using my engineer skills and put it to work!

i also will be looking at making a full cat- back exhuast without a rear muffler at or less than 10 lbs in total weight
also working on possible making a true cold air intake system and a way lighter lithium car battery maybe 2 lbs you just need enough juice to get it started and from there the alternator will take over but i want to make enough juice to make it where you could listen to the radio without the car on maybe up to 1 hour with current sound system from the manufacture basically this battery will still be practical and most people dont have their cars off and use its power so i think this could have some great potential i was doing some calculations from stock weight depending on what model car you have with these four things i might be able to save up to 250+lbs

i want to get some feedback and get any advice on this im thinking about making a few to give out and possibly discount later down the road as a first time order deal if i actually really go all out and produce them but before i do any of that i want to make sure everything is pretty solid any feedback i get good or bad is still good feedback

ISTING

Newish Member
Utah
i think i seen your car the other day at the walmart in riverton

ryno5514

hey guys i been having some buddies of mine tell me i should start producing rims for the stinger and sale them, awhile back i made some carbon fiber wheels that weigh a little more then 5 lbs each which is crazy weight savings, i dont think anyone else out there is even close i did this more as of fun project on my spare time. i was thinking about taking them off and finding areas for improvement to reduce weight but maintain its strength, i think i may even be able to make them even more lighter maybe in the high 3 lbs each, do you think people would buy them? if so what would you think i should charge for them? i think i need to start using my engineer skills and put it to work!

i also will be looking at making a full cat- back exhuast without a rear muffler at or less than 10 lbs in total weight
also working on possible making a true cold air intake system and a way lighter lithium car battery maybe 2 lbs you just need enough juice to get it started and from there the alternator will take over but i want to make enough juice to make it where you could listen to the radio without the car on maybe up to 1 hour with current sound system from the manufacture basically this battery will still be practical and most people dont have their cars off and use its power so i think this could have some great potential i was doing some calculations from stock weight depending on what model car you have with these four things i might be able to save up to 250+lbs

i want to get some feedback and get any advice on this im thinking about making a few to give out and possibly discount later down the road as a first time order deal if i actually really go all out and produce them but before i do any of that i want to make sure everything is pretty solid any feedback i get good or bad is still good feedback
RIMs one of those things that I am only just starting to care about, but the cost is putting me off on it.

The after market for exhaust seems to be growing. Tneer just put out a system that makes me excited, just need to hear it. Borla they say weights the least for CAT back. High flow CAT down pipes I only know of a hand full of options. The K8 store has a lot of systems on it's page you should check out.

Feel free to share what you learn I think most of us UT guys are still learning.

ISTING

Newish Member
Utah
aRIMs one of those things that I am only just starting to care about, but the cost is putting me off on it.

The after market for exhaust seems to be growing. Tneer just put out a system that makes me excited, just need to hear it. Borla they say weights the least for CAT back. High flow CAT down pipes I only know of a hand full of options. The K8 store has a lot of systems on it's page you should check out.

Feel free to share what you learn I think most of us UT guys are still learning.
right now i have borla, and hfc i think i can make it about 60 pounds lighter than that

ryno5514

right now i have borla, and hfc i think i can make it about 60 pounds lighter than that
You're a few steps ahead of me, I should be doing exhaust in a few months. Let us know what you end up doing, always fun to see what others are doing.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
Speaking of exhausts, I've got one on the way and need a good place to get it installed. I've been getting quotes of around $280 which seems outrageous to me. I would do this myself if I had a lift, it's not that difficult so I'm surprised by the quotes I've been getting. Anyone know of a good place?

ryno5514

Speaking of exhausts, I've got one on the way and need a good place to get it installed. I've been getting quotes of around $280 which seems outrageous to me. I would do this myself if I had a lift, it's not that difficult so I'm surprised by the quotes I've been getting. Anyone know of a good place?
I think @HaltHammerzeit got his installed for a reasonable price.

I picked up on rams to install mine when it comes.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
I think @HaltHammerzeit got his installed for a reasonable price.

I picked up on rams to install mine when it comes.
If it's going to cost me $300 to do this then I may just take that money and buy some jack stands, I need them anyways. I'm just not super excited about laying on my dirty garage floor in the heat we've been having.