Seattle, WA, USA

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Last edited:

Joseph Spiegel

Stinger Enthusiast
Los Angeles, CA
I like those, kinda like a Burmeister speaker grill with an E. I have the Stinger version. The mounting blocks weren’t preinstalled and no instructions. It was a bit of a trial and error to get them looking correct but I did, I think. The only issue is there’s a screw in there somewhere that needs to come out to remove the door panel. So, there’s that. All my 3M tape stuff just survived a Vegas trip with 104*F highs. So that’s a test that passed.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
I like those, kinda like a Burmeister speaker grill with an E. I have the Stinger version. The mounting blocks weren’t preinstalled and no instructions. It was a bit of a trial and error to get them looking correct but I did, I think. The only issue is there’s a screw in there somewhere that needs to come out to remove the door panel. So, there’s that. All my 3M tape stuff just survived a Vegas trip with 104*F highs. So that’s a test that passed.
No screw, you pop out the black cup & clip this in its place it’s almost like OE, @Ozstung has fitted them.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Mine didn't have any screws to remove. I just popped the black plate out and replaced it with the new aluminum ones. The screw to remove the door card is behind the plate. It isn't attached to it.

Instructions should he the same for the Stinger version, which can be found here:

Just installed “Stinger Aluminum Handle Inside Door Catch Plates”

Joseph Spiegel

Stinger Enthusiast
Los Angeles, CA
No screw, you pop out the black cup & clip this in its place it’s almost like OE, @Ozstung has fitted them.
Whew. I saw some video that I though showed a screw or release. It was after I installed them. I thought I checked but couldn’t check. Thanks!!

ETA: I had no instructions and no idea they replaced the black plastic. I mounted them on the black plastic. Now I have to fix it or just leave it alone as they are in and look OK. Sigh. It never ends. I bought them a year or so ago. An early mod. No instructions and lousy pictures on the eBay page. I thought I understood it and struggled with it.

Last edited: