Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Transmission just blew up.

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by RogerB, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Kia doesn't care about us anymore. We're old news. That number is probably disconnected. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Active Member

My $0.02. If you settle for something other than what "YOU WANT"!!! You will never be happy and every single time you get in the car it will bug you. Walking with the money, it's over! You get to smile again. I would probably trek the 370 miles to personally pick up the one I want. If that's on the table for you but I don't think you have asked them that. If it's not take the money find another dealer that has what you want, make a weekend of it and drive home in what you want. I feel your pain. Good luck with your decision. Cheers.

3. JTQ911

JTQ911 United States New Member

I've seen some companies respond to (potentially) bad publicity through Twitter.... can't hurt?

4. RogerB

RogerB United States Member

Finally, good news to report. Kia is replacing my Stinger with a Micro Blue GT2 with 19 inch wheels and summer tires as I had asked for several months ago. They are shipping the car to my local dealership from down south.

After my case person refused to ship a Micro Blue GT2 to me and told me I had to choose what was on my local dealership's lot, I contacted his manager. Spoke with her on Thursday last week. What a night and day difference between her and my case person. I told her my Stinger saga and the next day the paper work was put in motion to get the blue GT2 down south. I just heard today that the car will be shipped this week. Process took 2 months longer than it should have and a lot of battling and frustration. I came close several times to just asking for my money back so I could move on. I will definitely have them verify and show me that the drive train bolts are secure and will take a thorough test drive to listen for any creaking and crackling noises or anything unusual that I would want them to fix before delivery. Hope this second one last many years.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and encouragement these last 95 days.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Cashie

Cashie Australia Active Member

That’s great news mate. Hope the car is perfect for you.

6. HerbieTheCar

HerbieTheCar United States Newish Member

You won the battle and won the war! Screw the case person for putting you through the wringer for over three months. They were probably just jealous that they don't drive a Stinger :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Congratulations! You stuck to your guns and got what you deserved and wanted. Glad to hear this all worked out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Yay, Roger! I love happy endings. And may your new car be satisfying in every way. I might see you around the Wasatch Front you never know.:)

9. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Awesome news!...Congratulations

Let us know once it arrives and take lots of photos :thumbup:

10. TridentX23

TridentX23 United States New Member

Congratulations on winning this battle!

11. OriginalRobby

OriginalRobby Canada Member

Congratulations sir!

12. Toddasaurus

Toddasaurus United States Member

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Also, for those of you referring to the G70's valet service, I own a G70 and have been dealing with some warranty frustrations on my car. Genesis dealers are still Hyundai dealers, and even though they're trying to be totally separate, they just aren't there yet. Over at the genesisowners forum there are plenty of stories where dealers are refusing to provide loaners for service appointments, despite it being clearly written in the sales deal.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to deal with Kia being total jerks. At least you didn't modify your car so that you actually could qualify for a replacement. I damaged mine while working on upgrading the downpipes, and now, despite totally returning it back to stock and replacing my entire turbo and all associated gaskets/hardware with new OEM parts, Genesis is telling me I no longer have my full warranty. That said, I understand where they're coming from, but my experience is souring me on the brand... Hopefully your new Stinger helps you feel better about everything and you are able to let go of the resentment! As for me, I want to jump ship, but there's nothing else out there I want...and I would be losing a LOT of money..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted