kia stinger store

Thoughts of switching to the "Dark side".......

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Thanks! I think the 2 series Gran Coupe is not befitting of the series' name. It's basically a BMW bodied FWD Mini. It's probably a decent ride but of no interest to me.

The saving grace is the next gen 2 series coupes (probably 230i and 240i) will remain RWD as it exists in the current platform. I'm interested to see it revealed, I don't love the renders, but looking at the silhouette under camouflage, the profile looks good and sporty, possibly a hair more sporty than the F22 (current) offering with a lower looking hood and a little bigger upslope on the rear deck.
hopefully they don't put that ugly ass grill on it

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
It's only very slightly bigger than the existing grille on the M240i. No promises on what they do for the M2 though. Currently I think the M2 Competition / CS has the nicest grille in the BMW lineup. I'm jealous, but the M2 just wouldn't have been the most logical decision for me.

M2.jpg

Supposed spy shots of the 2022 2 Series:

BMW-2022-2-Series-Coupe-105.jpg

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
It's only very slightly bigger than the existing grille on the M240i. No promises on what they do for the M2 though. Currently I think the M2 Competition / CS has the nicest grille in the BMW lineup. I'm jealous, but the M2 just wouldn't have been the most logical decision for me.

View attachment 56818

Supposed spy shots of the 2022 2 Series:

View attachment 56819
omfg that color in red looks incredible! what a wide and aggressive little sporty coupe! :D love it!! :)

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
Would still rather have the Supra or a 22MY 2.5 Stinger. If I were still into the "90's" feel, I would look for one of these in pretty good condition. Had a silver one.......Still most awesome care I have ever driven.

RX-7 is such a dream! :D

Mazda used to have such amazing talent and spirit when it came to making driver focused cars for real enthusiasts! :D

monusa

RX-7 is such a dream! :D
Meant "....awesome "car" but this came with only 255hp!!!!! however, weight was only 2800lbs!!!!! So, getting back to the dark side, will still wait for a test drive in the 2.5 Stinger before deciding to get off the Stinger train but will NOT look at a Nissan Z. Just never liked the car "except" for the model that came out with the RX7....

That would have been worth it.;)

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Saw one of those yesterday and thought it looked a lot better live than in the pictures I’ve seen. Not a beamer fan, just saying.

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
Saw one of those yesterday and thought it looked a lot better live than in the pictures I’ve seen. Not a beamer fan, just saying.
I find cars normally look better in person than pictures anywayz... :D

Meant "....awesome "car" but this came with only 255hp!!!!! however, weight was only 2800lbs!!!!! So, getting back to the dark side, will still wait for a test drive in the 2.5 Stinger before deciding to get off the Stinger train but will NOT look at a Nissan Z. Just never liked the car "except" for the model that came out with the RX7....

That would have been worth it.;)
lmfao - if I could swing it I would get the Supra... assuming it's not much lower/harder to get in and out of than the Stinger... I might sound a bit "old" or "lazy" especially the fact that I'm 27 but I never enjoyed super low or tight cars... even when I was thinner... I find the Stinger the "threshold" for how narrow/tight/low I would want my daily driver to be... even though my WRX was lower to the ground lmfao... But yeah get the Supra... if you can swing it! :p

glhfddka

Unverified leak that the 400z has a price tag around $35k.... if that's the case, I might go with that instead while I'm still single, no kids... as much as I wanted the stinger.

monusa

Ran across that as well..... curious to see if this is actually for the "cheaper 4cyl version" like they did with the Supra???

Vantro

Newish Member
Two of the top contenders for me were the Supra or 400z. Really to get to the engine/power point I wanted to be, the Kia was just drastically cheaper with a lot more practicability. I didn't really want a base model of either of those, and the GT trim (21) gives me just about everything I wanted.

If you can get everything you want in the Supra, I'd say do it, it's beautiful and makes a statement. Just has the BMW cost of ownership tagged to it too.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Is Nissan really in dire straits right now?

Yes. Instead of turning profits they are losing billions. They need something drastic to happen to right the ship. Infiniti will probably be the first to go.

monusa

I believe they over-extended on their Infinity line. Cars are just over-priced Altimas, Sentras, and Maximas plus with all the perks they throw in for being an Infinity owner, they have to charge an arm and a leg for the cars.

I see too many Nissans on the road to be losing money they way they are. Read another article about the $35K'ish starting price for the new Z car. Supposedly, the Turbo 6 is the only offering and if that is the case, the Supra may in trouble. As much as I like them, I do believe they are on the "costly" side.

monusa

Adding to previous post, The new 22my GT Stinger is looking a little better. May just play the waiting game as I am not in a hurry to go Supra or upgrade my Stinger. To move those cars off the lots, Toyota and Kia are going to have to do some MAJOR haggling.

"sauce for the goose", Ms. Savic". Trekkies will get it. LOL

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
Is Nissan really in dire straits right now?
I guess so. All the smart folks on here are citing sources as their evidence so I believe them. It's such a shame but oh well. :(

monusa

UPDATE!

Went to Toyota dealer today and still came home with my Stinger. Dealer didn't want to move as much as I wanted them to but most of that is because they are having a hard time getting inventory for various reasons. Still happy with my Stinger so I'll just wait them out........patience is a wonderful thing!!!!!

Observations: Did test drive both 2.0 and 3.0 versions and I know I am comparing 4dr sedan to 2-seater. Just to be clear......

2.0 - Basically, same car as 3.0 but with Tech package. Pretty nice but not as comprehensive as the Stinger. Even though same HP output as 2.0 Stinger, it goes more like the Stinger 3.3. Quick upon quick......no slouch at all. Would not be disappointed whatsoever if I bought that one.

Now the money shot....

3.0 - non- premium so most tech goodies are additional cost. Basics are there but did not have Apple car play and though this may sound "silly", one of the main reasons I would not budge on what i wanted to pay. Like the saying: "don't know what you got 'til it's gone..." that is Carplay for me. Power is hard to describe because my focus was hanging on when the throttle went down. MY GOD! Test drove 2 Stinger GT's and although impressed, this goes beyond. BUT,

Main takeaway on both: THAT ZF 8SP TRANNY is the REAL DEAL. AMAZING TRANSMISSION! There is a lot of "whining" about no manual but anyone less of a driver than say, Lewis Hamilton, will NOT change gears that fast with a manual. Didn't even care that paying that kind of price did not come in a manual. Would not have believed that tranny was that good had I not experienced it myself.

For now, make mine Stinger!!!!!! To be continued.........;)

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Main takeaway on both: THAT ZF 8SP TRANNY is the REAL DEAL. AMAZING TRANSMISSION! There is a lot of "whining" about no manual but anyone less of a driver than say, Lewis Hamilton, will NOT change gears that fast with a manual. Didn't even care that paying that kind of price did not come in a manual. Would not have believed that tranny was that good had I not experienced it myself.

;)
I can 100% vouch for this. I've driven cars with a good number of auto trans and I've typically driven manual because autos have been disappointing. To put it in perspective, the Stinger (although mine had a bit of a thud when cold going gear 3-4) had the best auto transmission of any car I drove up to that time. Fast forward to now, the ZF is on a whole other level. The shifts a quicker than the Stinger and it's real smooth if you drive accordingly. It is satisfying to slap it into the manual mode and either use the stick to shift or the paddles, and it won't kick you into the next gear automatically, seemingly ever.

I've only seen 2 imperfections in the ZF - one is that mine at least when new would cause the serpentine belt to squawk on gear changes when the engine is dead cold if you got on the throttle a little too hard, which causes snappy quick gear changes and chirps the belt. This goes away shortly after the engine warms up. This issue is echoed on the BMW Forums (for as little as I have viewed them). The other thing is the trans can be a little jerky at low parking lot speeds in sport or sport+, feels like it prefers to be firm on engagement and disengagement at low speeds. I would not call this a flaw but rather more like a "sporting intent." I would guess this might be smoothed out more in the bigger more expensive cars that are aiming more for comfort over sport.

monusa

I can 100% vouch for this. I've driven cars with a good number of auto trans and I've typically driven manual because autos have been disappointing. To put it in perspective, the Stinger (although mine had a bit of a thud when cold going gear 3-4) had the best auto transmission of any car I drove up to that time.
Nice post:thumbup:

I am still sold on the Stinger. I still enjoy mine and I only have the 2.0. 99% of the time, I change gears with the paddles because I like having the tranny ready to go and the rpm's where I want them to be when stepping on the gas. I feel this negates the need for one of the "pedal tuners" some folks have added.

I probably would not use the paddles in the Supra due to how the trans shifts and downshifts.....I have never driven a bimmer and the last really good trans I had in a car was a 5spd. If the Stinger had this trans, I can only imagine what the 3.3 would be like....To be fair, I also think the one in the Stinger is pretty good but once you get a taste of that ZF, you will know where one of the "weak spots" of the Stinger is...and I know the Supra was developed as a "sports car" and the Stinger was meant to be a "sporty" sedan.

Although I will not settle for other than the 3.0 Supra, I would not blame anyone for getting the 2.0. It's almost as quick out of the hole as the 3.3 Stinger and almost as fast on the top end (still can't figure why they limited the 3.0 to have the same top end as the 2.0?????

Anyway, even the short test drive in both was amazing.:):):):):):):)