kia stinger store

Thoughts of switching to the "Dark side".......

monusa

Been looking at these over the last couple of months. Side by side photo op to see if I can leave Stinger styling. GT would knock it out of the park. pic3.jpg pic2.jpg pic1.jpg

monusa

Trying my best to wait on the MY22's. I am very curious about the 2.5 even though, moving to one of these would make that a "moot" point.;)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Supra has presence. But the Stinger is the better looking design overall.

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
Go for it! :)

The new Supra is a great car! :D

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Do the Supras have the same crank hub achilles heel as other BMW inline 6s? My friend at work won't tune his M2 Competition because of it.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Been looking at these over the last couple of months. Side by side photo op to see if I can leave Stinger styling. GT would knock it out of the park. View attachment 56757 View attachment 56756 View attachment 56755

If I were you I'd wait to see what Nissan is going to do with the 400z. I wouldn't want to get a Supra and then a few months later Nissan surprises me with a faster cheaper competitor (assuming it'll be faster/cheaper).

GTdsz

If I were you I'd wait to see what Nissan is going to do with the 400z. I wouldn't want to get a Supra and then a few months later Nissan surprises me with a faster cheaper competitor (assuming it'll be faster/cheaper).
Nissan is dead sadly. At best the z will have a version of the red sport motor.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Nissan is dead sadly. At best the z will have a version of the red sport motor.
Still, that's a 400hp RWD coupe. And it'll probably be priced just a bit cheaper than the Supra. They will be good competitors until Nissan finally folds.

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
I think the new 400Z is amazing... probably one of the last real cars to come from Nissan before they die... or become a slightly better version of Mitsubishi... :D

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
I would liken my M240i to the Supra. While yes, the Z4 is the true twin of the Supra, my car has the same engine and transmission of the Supra, similar dimensions, but the Supra has 2 fewer seats, lighter curb weight and more sporting intentions and tune. If anything my M240i is a more "GT" version of a Supra with back seats and more subtle styling.

I am very happy with my M240i and I much prefer the way it drives and how the engine sounds over the Stinger. In Canada, the Supra carries a ~15,000 price premium over the Stinger, with worse interest rates, but I'd say the performance gain helps close the price gap.

As far as M240i vs Supra, I went with the M240i due to the slightly lower price, and AWD for winter. If the Supra had come with a targa top and 6 speed manual, let's just say I would have been signing the papers on that instead.

If the Supra is more fun than the M240i, then the Supra is more fun than the Stinger, in my opinion. The Stinger is more well optioned at a better price, and a more comfortable and versatile road trip vehicle. It all depends on your priorities. Mine was fun.

Also looks like you are rocking a turbo 4 Stinger right now, I think the I6 in the Supra will blow your pants off the first few times you give it the beans.

monusa

Supra has presence. But the Stinger is the better looking design overall.
Totally Agree!!!!
If you are single or have a family and looking for purely a sports car to play with, then the Supra is great; But I would imagine most people who bought a Stinger bought it because it has 4 doors, fast and and is practical.
I see your point but my daughter is almost 21 yo and just bought her first car WITHOUT any help from pops!!!! (loved it!!!). I am dying for another 2-seater and this fits the bill but i got the Stinger because it looked fantastic and there were none on the road where I live.(one of the reasons I didn't go ALL OUT for the GT....skeptical of a KIA);)

Also looks like you are rocking a turbo 4 Stinger right now, I think the I6 in the Supra will blow your pants off the first few times you give it the beans
It blew my pants off when the sales guy gave me the keys and I started it up!!!!!!!!!!!JEEZZZZ. Didn't bother with looking at the 2.0 version because I would rather have the 2.5 Stinger. Do have love for the 4 pots so I won't make any moves until I can test drive one of the MY22 2.5 Stinger. Still love the car regardless of the number of doors....
If I were you I'd wait to see what Nissan is going to do with the 400z.
Sorry, no matter what or how good the new Nissan is, won't look at it.....rather have the 2.5 Stinger:thumbup:

So, BMS actually offers a "JB +" for the new Supra. I call it the JB4 "starter kit". It is a pre-set box that connects similar to the full blown JB4 except it is only $200.00 and you can only adjust from 3psi - 4psi boost over stock.

Still waiting on the new 2.5T. Come on KIA!!!!!

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
I would liken my M240i to the Supra. While yes, the Z4 is the true twin of the Supra, my car has the same engine and transmission of the Supra, similar dimensions, but the Supra has 2 fewer seats, lighter curb weight and more sporting intentions and tune. If anything my M240i is a more "GT" version of a Supra with back seats and more subtle styling.

I am very happy with my M240i and I much prefer the way it drives and how the engine sounds over the Stinger. In Canada, the Supra carries a ~15,000 price premium over the Stinger, with worse interest rates, but I'd say the performance gain helps close the price gap.

As far as M240i vs Supra, I went with the M240i due to the slightly lower price, and AWD for winter. If the Supra had come with a targa top and 6 speed manual, let's just say I would have been signing the papers on that instead.

If the Supra is more fun than the M240i, then the Supra is more fun than the Stinger, in my opinion. The Stinger is more well optioned at a better price, and a more comfortable and versatile road trip vehicle. It all depends on your priorities. Mine was fun.

Also looks like you are rocking a turbo 4 Stinger right now, I think the I6 in the Supra will blow your pants off the first few times you give it the beans.
I love the previous gen M235i/M240i coupes... now the 2-series is a gran coupe... sure the new M235ix is a quick car but I feel like they gave something up... not sure...

Your M240i is a fantastic ride! :D

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
I love the previous gen M235i/M240i coupes... now the 2-series is a gran coupe... sure the new M235ix is a quick car but I feel like they gave something up... not sure...

Your M240i is a fantastic ride! :D
Thanks! I think the 2 series Gran Coupe is not befitting of the series' name. It's basically a BMW bodied FWD Mini. It's probably a decent ride but of no interest to me.

The saving grace is the next gen 2 series coupes (probably 230i and 240i) will remain RWD as it exists in the current platform. I'm interested to see it revealed, I don't love the renders, but looking at the silhouette under camouflage, the profile looks good and sporty, possibly a hair more sporty than the F22 (current) offering with a lower looking hood and a little bigger upslope on the rear deck.

WRXtoStingerGT

Stinger Enthusiast
Yonkers NY
Thanks! I think the 2 series Gran Coupe is not befitting of the series' name. It's basically a BMW bodied FWD Mini. It's probably a decent ride but of no interest to me.

The saving grace is the next gen 2 series coupes (probably 230i and 240i) will remain RWD as it exists in the current platform. I'm interested to see it revealed, I don't love the renders, but looking at the silhouette under camouflage, the profile looks good and sporty, possibly a hair more sporty than the F22 (current) offering with a lower looking hood and a little bigger upslope on the rear deck.
I think BMW completely became a buncha' sellouts when they made coupes, gran coupes, and sedans out of cars that were traditionally a specific body style... it's all a gimmick...

I find it moronic how the "4-series" was originally only going to be a 2-door coupe or a convertible but then they made it into a sedan while also having the 3-series sedan or hatchback or crossover/SUV platform with the 3-series "GT" or the 4-series "GT" lmfao... such nonsense...