This is supposedly the new Stinger rear end.

Crisis

Saskatoon, SK
Update gets a "meh" from me. People who don't own a Stinger won't even notice the difference. Hell, lots of Stinger owners won't notice, for that matter.

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
Does the hatch opening look narrower or is it just my eyes?

2021_Stinger.GIF

CeramicGT001

Maryland
Does the hatch opening look narrower or is it just my eyes?

View attachment 48454
Think it’s just you lol...I looked at a picture of my car’s rear end ;) and the little left square that pops out for the tow hook is in the same spot in comparison to the hatch lines.

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
Agree again, not a good change. But I will say it would be kind of sweet if the center reflectors on our rear end were lit at night.
I have seen a kit that you can put leds through the centre reflector and have them do some special effects when the brakes are pressed. If only I could find that kit...

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I have seen a kit that you can put leds through the centre reflector and have them do some special effects when the brakes are pressed. If only I could find that kit...
Be nice if Kia come up with something that we can have fitted at the dealer.

Fredman

Minnesota
[QUOTE="Luc343,
[/QUOTE]

Is this vid possibly what you were thinking of? This guys got right idea but the wrong product in my opinion. Interesting to see how it could be done though!

MazdaBro

I think it will look good in the long term, but i like the loops for sure. The long line of lights is very much going after Dodge and their lineup. I also think it looks like a Lincoln back end more than the first couple years.

Attachments

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
Is this vid possibly what you were thinking of? This guys got right idea but the wrong product in my opinion. Interesting to see how it could be done though!

That's it. I would probably just make it flash a few times. I don't want to mesmerise anyone behind me, but that's a cool mod.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
There is no way those exhaust tips hit the production model. There is zero need for finishers that big when the exhaust is barely audible. Even if we get the EVC exhaust, there is no need to make the finishers ridiculously large like that because it sounds pretty tame as well.

Fredman

Minnesota
I wonder what the original design concept people would have come up with if asked to do this. I don’t believe this example is from the same person’s. It’s pretty hard to “one up” such a well-balanced design like Stinger has.

YEH

Don't mind them lighting up what had been the reflector strip connecting the taillamp modules, but the new lighting pattern/element looks generic compared to the original which highlighted the shape of the taillights.

The DRLs up front also look more generic due to losing that curved design element.

Another good month of sales (1,427) - keeping the Stinger not that far from last year's pace of around 8k YTD.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
It appears that the headlights are going to be LED reflectors on the refresh as opposed to LED projectors. Seems like a downgrade to me. Also I’m not huge on the new taillights either
That's kind of a bummer if true.