• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

The door rattle

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
Well, the felt and weatherstripping did not eliminate the rattle. I also removed the spacer behind the grab handle that someone else mentioned eliminated their rattles. While it seemed to help a little bit, I am ready to trade this thing in for the rattles.

it’s going into service today. So I’ll see what they have to say as well
what sounds like a door rattle for many folks have been the clips that hold the rocker panel into place under the car under the drivers door area are not seated in all the way as the rattle sound travels up the b pillar making it sound as if it's the door rattling. ... Do you have the port installed puddle lamps by chance??? if you do, and those clips aren't in all the way, my theory is that whoever did the port install (or dealer install) of those puddle lamps did not secure the clips all the way after the install... it seemed that the people who had the issue previously all had the optional puddle lamps.

x79

I found the rattle in my passenger door turned out to be the grab handle in the roof. Took it of wrapped the backing plate behind the headliner in felt tape and no more noise, took me ages to figure out it was that.
Hi MartinUK,
I found this photo posted in another thread. Did you apply the felt tape between the grab handle assembly and the roof liner here?
Thanks!
GrabHandle4.jpg

CrashCade

Hi MartinUK,
I found this photo posted in another thread. Did you apply the felt tape between the grab handle assembly and the roof liner here?
Thanks!
View attachment 63576
No, there is a plastic spacer that spans between those two. You have to remove that and then add rubber washer 3/4” round and reinstall the grab handles.

x79

No, there is a plastic spacer that spans between those two. You have to remove that and then add rubber washer 3/4” round and reinstall the grab handles.
Thanks for the clarification.
Looks like I'll now have to Google for how the headliner can be removed. :D

CrashCade

Thanks for the clarification.
Looks like I'll now have to Google for how the headliner can be removed. :D
You do not have to remove it. With your door open pull the rubber door seal back at the top. You should be able to reach in and slide the plastic piece out. Then fold your rubber washer into the square hole and align it so that you can get a bolt through it.

Reverse the removal of the door seal.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SSavage

Newish Member
I pulled the trim off the B pillar and found the noise was coming from down low. In the end I pushed up on the plastic rocker panel bellow the B pillar and herd a click. went to the passenger side and did the same. No more B pillar noise. I couldn't believe it was that low. It sounded like it was right in the seat belt area up near the top.

SSavage

Newish Member
You have to turn the volume up pretty loud (to 11!) and then you'll start to hear more of a rattle or quick flapping noise. Obviously, it's not the greatest, but I was trying to at least capture something.
It's the rocker panel clips. I pulled the b pillar apart and went for a drive. The noise was lower. I ended up pushing up on the rocker just under the door and herd a click. Did the same on the other side. No more noise in the B pillar

SSavage

Newish Member
I have the exact same problem/noise. Still trying to diagnose the problem too.
Been to the dealer twice and they thought it was the trim above the seat belt so they took it apart and put double sided tape but it had no effect. And now they claim they don't hear it after I pointed it out to them.
Like you said, I'm going up the ladder.
Let me know if you have any luck and I'll do the same for you.
I pulled the trim off the B pillar and found the noise was coming from down low. In the end I pushed up on the plastic rocker panel bellow the B pillar and herd a click. went to the passenger side and did the same. No more B pillar noise. I couldn't believe it was that low. It sounded like it was right in the seat belt area up near the top.

Jimmy422

Newish Member
I have been fighting this since day one and a 2000 mile road trip made me want to park this thing in the ocean. This piece is loose and sort of clamps around the upper door frame. There are two points or rattling. One is the edge where it meets the window trim and the other is the gap between the trim itself and the door frame. View attachment 60352

I have been playing with felt pieces. Which has helped. I am going to pull it off today and add thin weather stripping to see if it’ll fix it. I am ready to just silicone caulk the whole thing in place to get rid of the rattle.

the felt has helped but the parts without felt still rattle.

I’ll post back after a couple days with weatherstripping. Ridiculous for a $60k car.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue and it drives me insane.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SSavage

Newish Member
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue and it drives me insane.
Yes the rattle is coming from the rocker panel under the door. If you reach under the car and push up there are clips that pop back in. The sounds echoes up the B pillar.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Jimmy422

Newish Member
Yes the rattle is coming from the rocker panel under the door. If you reach under the car and push up there are clips that pop back in. The sounds echoes up the B pillar.
I tried that and nothing popped back in on the driver side. Passenger side popped back in but that didn’t change the driver side noise.

SSavage

Newish Member
I tried that and nothing popped back in on the driver side. Passenger side popped back in but that didn’t change the driver side noise.
Maybe there are broken clips or you have another problem. I noticed my sunroof makes some noise if the black out is open. I closed my black out and popped the clips in and mine is quiet on the hwy.