Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

That licence plate in front

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by MerlintheMad, Jun 12, 2018.

What about that licence plate in front? Does the Stinger look better without it?

1. My Stinger didn't come with a licence plate in front, thank goodness.

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. I don't have a choice, two plates are required by law where I live.

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  3. Yes, I am having the danged thing removed or did already.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. "Tiger nose, shmiger nose", who cares? The car looks great even with a plate in front.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Yes there were as they used the supplied screws to mount it. Holes are barely noticeable, could pass as bugs or dirt from driving, however I will be covering and painting the bumper soon.
    There are some photos in the thread below
    How To install aftermarket DRLs

2. I told my dealer not to mount the bracket - it is mounted during dealer prep.

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States Active Member

Yeah, what jmf_tracy said: what about the holes? While I waited, and fretted, I was already figuring that if my car came with a plate frame in front, I was going to remove it and fill the holes with epoxy, then use the touch up pen to color the patch job in: if my dealer wouldn't give me any joy on a professional repair job, that is. (Or maybe this is an example of retrofitting subsequent events to memory: I would have taken the car anyway, and started figuring out how to get rid of the holes: I bought the touch up pen some weeks later, but I bet that I'd have enquired at once about buying one, and gotten it weeks earlier, if I had had to deal with front licence plate frame holes!)

4. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Active Member

My dealer said he wouldn't drill into it to put the plate holder on there. He said it would make him cry...lol.. so I opted for a tow hook plate holder.

5. MerlintheMad

Oo, I hadn't heard of that option. So, you can take the plate off/out, and replace the tow hook cover, I assume. How does that work?

6. Ucinn

You can do that, yes

7. Ucinn

Here's what it looks like

Attached Files:

8. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator

I think if I lived in a state that required it, I'd move to one that didn't! :D

FIVE holes, Rob? Sheesh..

Hey, an option might be to look for (white) nylon grommets/plugs that fit flush. Or, better yet, find a nylon bolt that's an easy but snug fit, and thread a little in, cut it off flush, repeat until they are all filled?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If the mounting kit was mounted, there were holes. I had to do it, CA laws. I don’t like the non-drill mount as it looks like the plate will wind up blocking more are than the normal position does. It’s a trade. Here I gotta have the plate on the front. So, it’s there.

10. You’re blocking the right forward sensor? Or is it cleared and I can’t see it?

11. Ucinn

It's cleared..sensors work as normal

• Like Like x 1
  12. MerlintheMad

Hmm, I don't like. Other than being removable without a mark, it looks awkward. But, if a crappy cop cites me for lacking a front plate, that will be my option regardless. If I must, I must. Until then, I won't borrow trouble and I won't be putting any plate in front.

13. Ucinn

It took some getting used to. I was going to get 1 of the slide up ones but it blocked too much of the intercooler.

Draft saved Draft deleted