Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinging in the Snow

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by westcoastGT, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Yes, remote start on the app comes with the Stinger.

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

The vents are for high speed stability. They don't really line up with the brakes; but rather, the air flows around the wheels and escapes through the rear vent and along the body. Plugging these is fine in slow speed winter driving. But don't leave them plugged if you are going to go FAST. That's just messing with the design; which, I am confident in saying, is well thought out by Biermann, et al. If the vents don't "vent", then high pressure will build up where it was not intended; to what potential detriment, I, for one, will not experiment to find out. :thumbup:

3. Bob Mac

Bob Mac Canada Newish Member

I appreciate your thoughts but I felt that covering 4 square inches of venting will not affect the aerodynamics of a 4000 pound car. I think these vents were more of a Schreyer design than Biermann engineering. In any case I have no complaints on high speed track handling and no more dirt streaks coming from these vents

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

We don't see much snow here so a number of us put mesh in there to stop gravel and stones flying out. 20181214_184710.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Kiksbut

Kiksbut Canada Active Member

Are the stones/gravel coming off the tire in the wheel well?

6. Ozstung

Yes correct, you soon know about it on unsealed damp roads there's gravel and mud build up in the slots and then smeared down the side of the car. This really works.

7. RedCal

RedCal Canada Member

What kind of mesh are you using? Stainless? this seams like a very useful, and simple mod - thanks

8. Ozstung

It was obtained by many members through a former moderator here, he got it as offcuts from a screen door supplier/maker. So pretty robust stuff, yeah I believe it was stainless steel. He made a template one for each side. I believe there might be a thread here under something like "Vent mesh"

• Like Like x 2
  9. RedCal

RedCal Canada Member

Found it! (Side vent mesh) - Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Mac

Bob Mac Canada Newish Member

added picture

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted