Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger JB4 Pure Hybrid Turbo Testing

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Terry@BMS, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel United States 1000 Posts Club!

That’s going to take a while ........ we still have lap 3 ........

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. GreySpector

GreySpector United States Member

What's up with the LAP3 turbo kit? I keep seeing updates on it, but I've asked on here and Facebook what their release timeline / pricing looks like and never get a response.

3. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Stinger Enthusiast

Not exactly, could have been done with the right support from other companies.

Just got to make sure the juice is worth the squeeze... a lot of money can be tied up in venturing the solutions.

Example: saved up 900.00 cash in the last two weeks to make a serious dent in mods. Instead noticed wear on the front tire, within 600 miles she’s to the secondary rubber and the alignment was wayyyyy out. Now 790.00 of that goes to tires since I can’t find descent stock fronts for less than 300.00. If I’m paying 300 for used tires I’ll just drop ~800 on front Toyo Proxes 4 and a 275/30 Toyo T1R rear and hopefully put my 4lbs of boost back in on 1st gear.

That 900 was going to get the rear sway and downpipes. So unless someone has a set of front tires for cheap that plan got thrown out.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. Angel

I agree that sucks good tires are not cheap....I will be spending $1200 on Nitto NTO5 tires ...245 and 275 ....modding a car is never cheap lol especially an expensive car....But I think it will take a while for Terry to figure out the tune and other stuff with the hybrid turbos ....Lap 3 will have the turbo kit out by this summer June - August.......Hybrid turbos with the proper tune wont be out till probably the end of this year or next year....just my opinion......

I am done modding the car....my next mods maybe will be rear sway and eventually an actual ecu tune...i am going to be patient on the ecu tune .....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TwinSnails

That price on the tires is on serious discount from an amazing friend that’s wanting see the Stinger hook on all the boost :rofl:

6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

If I wasn't considering trading my car I'd give you my front tires for free. They just been collecting dust and taking up space in the garage since August anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. TwinSnails

That would be great lol. I’m sitting here trying to still make a decision on 2 or swap all 4.

I’m probably going to need the ATQ collar bolts. The driving is pretty rough, and long, so it’s possible all the flexing is knocking the alignment off.

I’ll give you mine to trade in lol. Great tread on the inside and middle.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  8. Angel

I dont know about these Hybrid turbos price is really expensive.....its like $6000 turbos if you dont have core, plus you will need the ecu tune plus a JB4 ...thats a lot of money when LAP 3 will have their full turbo kit with manifolds,bigger turbos, filter and all necessary hardware plus ecu tune/ecu for like 6-8k ....

9. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

Do your taxes before any mod purchases also. I usually pay 1 or 2 thousand and after the "tax cuts" $8600! Plus $79 under payment penalty because they raised my taxes. Nice touch!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. TwinSnails

Whoa, $8600 pay back to the government?!?!? 1-2k I’d grumble $8,600 I’d fire my accountant.

11. Angel

Wow I though trump lowered taxes ?? WTF

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Hah, you're funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Angel

Thats you @brancky3 LOL
    upload_2019-2-11_7-42-54.png

14. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

Only for Supercar owners, not for us lowly middle class Stinger owners :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. brancky3

Right, us plebs don't get much. Our tax bracket went down in 2018 but it doesn't look like we're making out any better compared to 2017. I dunno, maybe we had more money in our paychecks but just importing W2s into Turbotax it looks like we're going to owe some money unless I can itemize deductions. Just waiting for our student loans to be paid off so we can roll in a 'rarri :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. TwinSnails

I ended up getting scared of fitting the 275 on the back and ordered stock sized Nitto Motivos.... I’m going to try and pick up 275/30 or 35 for the rear AFTER taxes and try it..... UNLESS someone else will do it first lol.

Then maybe I’ll see what my 0-60 looks like.

17. DarthVaderIX

DarthVaderIX United States Active Member

It’s impossible to get rich if you have a W2.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

No accountant needed now the standard deduction is $24k but state and local deductions capped at $10k. I'd rather keep the deductions and the $7k in my pocket. (Sorry off topic but does hit my car mod fund!)

19. brancky3

Yea 275's would be pushing it on our stock wheel, although I'm sure it would fit. I don't think you'd get the full 275mm contact patch on the ground though since your sidewalls are going to be pulled in more with a narrow wheel like our 8.5"

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Angel

I agreee I rung 275 now but it’s on 9.5 inch width .... of course aftermarket wheels.... I personally would never put a 275 on a 8.5 rim ..... like you mentioned you went the full contact patch so defy the true purpose and it’s efficient at all .... The biggest I would go on 8.5 it’s a 255 .... but to each own .... I run 245 on 8.5 up front and 275 on 9.5 on rear ...

Draft saved Draft deleted