kia stinger store

Stinger Hot wheels

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
I finally found some red Stinger Hot Wheels at my local Kroger. They have a big bin of cars for $1 and there were 3 red Stingers right on top!

The HW red color matches the custom paint job I did on a blue car last summer. I used a Testors “custom red metallic” spray paint and then painted the wheels white.

DF97287D-AEA2-4C68-B84F-8095F9759F7E.jpeg

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
I finally found some red Stinger Hot Wheels at my local Kroger. They have a big bin of cars for $1 and there were 3 red Stingers right on top!

The HW red color matches the custom paint job I did on a blue car last summer. I used a Testors “custom red metallic” spray paint and then painted the wheels white.

View attachment 56502
Hopefully that sunroof doesn't rattle...LOL

The 2020 models did not have a sunroof.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

View attachment 56502
You took all three of them, am I right? :p

I still haven't seen any Hot Wheels Stingers at any store. I don't go around actively looking for them; but when I'm in Smith and Edwards or Macey's I check out the Hot Wheels section (Walmart? wouldn't know, I seldom go into a Walmart).

heyheyal

Central NJ

I still haven't seen any Hot Wheels Stingers at any store. I don't go around actively looking for them; but when I'm in Smith and Edwards or Macey's I check out the Hot Wheels section (Walmart? wouldn't know, I seldom go into a Walmart).
Was in my local Walmart the other day had two of the red ones.

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA

I couldn’t help myself. The coolness and nostalgia factor is just too much for me when I see my car as a Hot Wheels!

lmfao $1 bin!?

sell them for a profit! :p

LOLOLOL

Perhaps. I may have accidentally started a collection:
0DA3EE84-C66A-46E4-B632-04B22B73E551.jpeg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I couldn’t help myself. The coolness and nostalgia factor is just too much for me when I see my car as a Hot Wheels!
Lol. I knew it. I understand. The price is right. The thought that "I" might come along later in the day and not find one for me never crossed your mind. ;):p:D

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Seems like a pretty health hobby/collection to be honest! :)

I used to make some money on the side in the trading card scene... to each their own... I always find different interests... interesting! :)

Perhaps. I may have accidentally started a collection:
View attachment 56510

Looks good! So many Stingers haha! :D

Hawk853

Central Jersey

View attachment 56502
That’s a good paint job! The ones I see guys try to pawn off on eBay look like garbage.

how did you mask off all the details like the headlights and emblems for such a clean edge?

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
That’s a good paint job! The ones I see guys try to pawn off on eBay look like garbage.

how did you mask off all the details like the headlights and emblems for such a clean edge?
Thanks!

I went down a YouTube hole one day and was introduced to die cast customization videos. Mostly from this guy, SidewaysKing75, but there are many others. I followed his methods for the disassembly and paint.

I was super extra and recreated all the decals (headlights, tail lights, and badges) by using a special inkjet paper to print waterslide decals. Similar to how you details other models or pinewood derby cars.

Hawk853

Central Jersey
Thanks!

I went down a YouTube hole one day and was introduced to die cast customization videos. Mostly from this guy, SidewaysKing75, but there are many others. I followed his methods for the disassembly and paint.

I was super extra and recreated all the decals (headlights, tail lights, and badges) by using a special inkjet paper to print waterslide decals. Similar to how you details other models or pinewood derby cars.
Very cool, thanks. I’ll start investigating. I WILL have an orange Hot Wheels Stinger!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Silky Silver. But I have to get the gumption first. I'm a good modeler, when I actually DO it. Hah.
Thanks!

Very cool, thanks. I’ll start investigating. I WILL have an orange Hot Wheels Stinger!

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Thanks!

I also came across a YouTuber that does the plastic model cars, his look fantastic. I learned of all the extra steps he takes (sanding the body, primer, paint, wetsand, paint, clear coat) not to mention any other detailing and customizing. Let's just say the next model car I build is going to take a LOT longer....and may require investing in some painting gear.

Snatchell

I found some red Stingers at Target. They kinda missed the mark on Hi-Chroma red though... Too dark...
2021-05-03 17.08.52.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

walkyle

Mexico
I ordered the Ceramic Silvers on eBay, the blue one I picked up at Albertsons (grocery store). I believe they are the curent ones out now
My Albertsons still has the Candy series for Pop Culture from mid-2018. I check every week when grocery shopping. Still trying to sell them for $6.99, smh. I love to order it, Albertson store.