Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger GT2 AWD ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Expatkevin, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Just get a lawyer... there is no way a vehicle with that much damage is going to be true and straight again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Not your problem. They should’ve totaled it at the beginning.

3. BruceW

BruceW United States Newish Member

Hi! Are you located in Torrance CA, too? I just bought my Stinger a couple of days ago and I was wondering if you had any recommendations on servicing the car? Any service advisors or mechanics you can recommend? Thanks!

4. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

....:) Wash
    Ive been with State Farm and the same agency since 1982....if State Farm pulled that crap from corp level I would be at the agency like now ! and yes you turned down the rental car as did I....right?
    get tuff on those clowns...have you involved your agent? :) Wash

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I visit there. Hollywood Riviera Car Wash In Redondo is the only place I took my Stinger for anything. I didn't even visit the nearest Kia dealership (forget the name and location) when I had my near miss with the central median ridge. So I can't recommend any service people other than wash and detail; I liked them. :thumbup:

6. BruceW

BruceW United States Newish Member

Thanks! I’ve been looking for a good wash and detail place. Appreciate the recommendation!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Expatkevin

Expatkevin United States New Member

Finally got the call today from State Farm. They are going to total the car now.

What a nightmare. Car gone since OCT! It took over two months for the body shop to get parts. Dealers body shop too. The design techs still aren't sure what is wrong with the engine. All they know is the engine is hotter on one side and steam coming out the pipes. Can't pass a block test. So everyone throws their hands up and says new engine. Doesn't pay to test further. The tech at dealer admitted that this is just their best guess.

That doesn't bode well with me. A minor accident (as far as no collision) and then having to wait this long for them to throw their hands up. State farm minus the no rental was decent about it. I agree should have totalled it from the start though.

Anyways I loved the car, but as of right now I am pretty sure I'm done with Kia.

I'm still out almost 3.5k making payments for a car I wasn't able to even look at let alone drive. Dealership didn't care and neither did ”premier care” custome service.

Glad it’s finally over anyways. I put over 3k down I wonder if I get any of that back? Or any of the 3k in payments while it sat at body shop and dealer. :/

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

Expat geeez I feel for ya ! yes you got bent over...thing is ive had State Farm with the same agent since 1982 and have always been treated fairly.... That is just not right....:( Wash

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Stinger Enthusiast

Which insurance company advertises new car replacement? If car is totalled you get a model one year newer?

10. Roarbomb

Roarbomb United States Active Member

Allstate i think. That real deep voice black dude.

11. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 United States Member

Liberty mutual

12. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Stinger Enthusiast

I was thinking same thing should have been totaled. The car will likely have major accident on car fax too lowering its resale value.

As an FYI I have been waiting weeks for replacement part on my car, a Simple under tray. Appears Kia is putting profits ahead of customer service and holding parts in Korea rather than sending slower moving spares here to US.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I had both front "undertrays" inside a week. Ordered them directly from my dealer.

14. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member

Does anyone have experience with insurance for the loss of value that remains after a damaged car has been repaired?

This would appear to be a clear case of that phenomenon. Even if the OP's Stinger was finally completely repaired, who would want to buy it after seeing a Carfax report?

I agree with comments that the State Farm insurance adjuster completely screwed up by directing what turned out to be futile efforts to bring the OP's Stinger back to life.

Diminished Value and Insurance: How to Get Full Value In a Claim

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  15. Joeh1974

Joeh1974 United States Member

It depends on which state the accident took place whether or not you can file a claim for dimishment of value. In NM, where I was an adjuster, we didn’t pay it out. When I went to work a hail catastrophe site in GA for two weeks, they did.

Draft saved Draft deleted