Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger burnout/line lock

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Skyguy, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Chucky

Chucky United States Active Member

No sir, only performance mods are Borla exhaust, Injen intakes and Eibach sway bars. Check out my videos below

Here's a slo-mo:

2. laynevans

laynevans Australia Newish Member

Love it! I've done hundreds of burnouts /donuts in my old valiant (think dodge dart) and never been scared or worried about losing control. Will be a different story in my stinger! Thanks for the inspiration.

3. niko

niko United States Stinger Enthusiast

Unplug the brake plug but first u must have auto brake hold on. Cuz it’s a pain in the ass to do it while ur foot is on the brake. Also got to be in drive. And if u turn off the car while it’s disconnected u won’t be able to turn it on until u put it back in

4. laynevans

Tried to get my (loan) GT to do a burnout. Tried turning off traction then also ESC, sport mode, manual shift to 1, floor it and it still doesn't spin then. Like it's actually giving it part throttle then a few milliseconds later it gives it full throttle.

This has got to be the computer getting in the way and stopping the fun...?

Tried a little bit of brake and mashing the throttle and of course that just initiated launch control.

It did break loose once when taking off turning rights at some lights but I really want to spin the tyres in a straight line.

5. Chucky

Chucky United States Active Member

That's turbo lag. Ideal would be to be able to launch with turbo boost; but the ECU limits engine to minimal boost and RPM. There are multiple forums trying to figure out hot to defeat this.

6. laynevans

How did you get it to do a warmup burnout?

7. washguy

washguy United States Stinger Enthusiast

You new guys just need a JB4 under hood .....and get ready for fun :) Wash

8. laynevans

What about warranty?

9. NismoDPB

NismoDPB United States Active Member

Not sure how the ECU is programmed but there is some nanny in there that cuts throttle while the brake is pressed unless you are doing the launch control sequence. That's why you have to bypass the brake sensor to do a burnout. I think it was something to do with the traction control system which doesnt appear to be fully defeatable. After reading this, it was pouring this morning so I decided to shut traction and stability off at a light, put it in sport mode, and floored it on green. As soon as all 4 wheels started to slip it cut throttle until it regained traction even with TC and SC off. Very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  10. laynevans

Can the JB4 change any traction control properties? Like, completely turn it off?

11. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

The bms brake snip mentioned earlier gives 10-15 psi or more for uncontrollable burn out fun. Or just do a few mods and punch it. If i put my awd in rwd mode i cant get traction no matter what i do.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted