1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger arriving soon, questions.

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Wazz, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

We are strangers to @Wazz, some maybe be stranger than others, then again I’m not pointing fingers at anyone...:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Wazz

Wazz Australia Member

On Contract, bi-modal is $1000 so assuming $1100 after GST, getting black/white slimline plates too (forgot to mention before), $195. According to them total discount $9624 on full non-discounted rate which would be $65924 normally. I thought RRP was about $1000 less than that but anyhoo.... issue is I have gone over my budget, can't really spend more, $1000 at a stretch but unlikely the gatekeeper would allow it :( The only positive I can see is Stingers do seem to be keeping their value after 12 months or so, except the yellow.

How can I get my deposit back though? I'm thinking consumer affairs as doubt dealer will want to oblige.

According to another dealer, i'd be getting the $56300 with bi-modal, mats, slim plates etc for that price as Kia HQ is giving rebates to dealers to clear excess stock. Won't get that price on 2019/MY19 (wish I knew beforehand). Yes I signed paperwork but (stupidly) trusted it would be all above board and signed it emailed back, work mate noticed when I showed him, that it said 2018 MY19. I was rather pi$$ed off and still am, sales person refused to explain why he chose not to tell me it was 2018. I might call them tomorrow and speak to someone higher up the food chain.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

It is free, we are not paying $1 for it :D

4. Manaz

Manaz Australia Active Member

You're not getting a bad deal - maybe not the best y poi could have gotten - but it was good enough for you to sign.

The delays on delivery, particularly on a 2018 build car seem odd, but in the end, it's a MY19 model, and honestly, the resale value variation won't be that significant.

You're going to struggle to get out of the contract unless you're in the cooling off period I suspect...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stinger GT SS

Although it’s a 2018 build, it’s still a current MY19 & gee that’s a good drive away price.
    If you plan on holding onto it for a long time the build date becomes irrelevant in my opinion, look at the initial outlay for what you are getting & if your at the top of your budget well then it’s a no brainer, but I would still push for some additional extras eg: paint protection, cargo mat protector, mud flaps, tell them things like this will get the deal over the line, I bet they will do it if they are being offered incentives from HQ...in my view advantage @Wazz.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

@Wazz how much is dealer delivery?

7. Wazz

Wazz Australia Member

$1813.64 (assuming pre GST)

8. Wazz

Wazz Australia Member

I'm calling the Dealer Principal (Neil Heveren) tomorrow and putting some kind of finality to all this. Price is my upper limit unfortunately. Sales person has not been helpful at all. Have already signed contract but know consumer affairs love car dealers who mislead, whether intentional or not. I'll see if Neil is willing to show some flexibility and fairness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ShannonC

Also well discounted from rrp.
    You are being offered a substantial discount and as you said it's within your budget. I would still try to back out of it and see if dealer will throw a few more incentives your way at no additional cost. I dont think a country dealer would like to get too many locals offside so you have the advantage, provided you will be comfortable with an 8 month old new vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Flameangel

My dealer delivery cost is $1,359, if the dealership is not going to wash it ( we have asked them not to ) so it can go to an outsourced professional paint protector and they advised to send it " as is " so the car can't be marked when they wash it at the dealership with dirty cloths/sponges.
    Can/should I see if they can discount that delivery price ? although they are sourcing a new one which I have been told is coming from Kia head quarters main car compound in Sydney.

11. Wazz

Wazz Australia Member

Sadly it's not the local dealer, they wouldn't discount at all, probably don;t have a high enough volume to make it lucrative for them. Getting it from Melbourne. Will certainly discuss with the Dealer Principal tomorrow and see what happens.

12. Stinger GT SS

Hope you get a positive outcome tomorrow & I look forward to a deal done post if you go that way...good luck to you....:thumbup:

13. ShannonC

Won't hurt to ask but it is a mere price already. Are you still going with South Morang?

14. Flameangel

Yes

15. ShannonC

I made an incorrect assumption.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

17. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bigbikes

Bigbikes Australia Member

Hi there don't stress to much about the deal as long as you paid what you wanted and got the extra bits thats all that matters, if you keep your cars for awhile then you have already saved some depreciation. I just bought mine and with bi-modal mats full tank of petrol :) its was $62900 i'm happy with that, theres not much more to add to stinger but the exhaust is going for $2300-$2600 i paid the later...Dealer did say yesterday they had alot of silver cars left so thats why deals on that colour maybe :rolleyes: just enjoy your new car...cheers

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bigbikes

Bigbikes Australia Member

Check out my pics of car dismantled for exhaust :(:(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wazz

Wazz Australia Member

Thanks B.B.

Draft saved Draft deleted