Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT SSR Performance Dual Front Mount CAI - PRE-ORDER SPECIAL! (pics/vid inside)

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by SSR Performance, Oct 5, 2018.

1. StruttinSoul

StruttinSoul Canada Newish Member

The second picture you posted actually brings a good point, when I was researching front mount filters a lot of companies offer a filter shield, I wonder if we could get something similar for this?

2. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

That would definitely help. Still would love to see how this would stand up in Chicago Rain and Snow. If someone gets on near the midwest and can make it through winter. Id buy it without a problem.

3. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

this is a good design, i ran the same type of design in my NA G37. The only true drawback was that I had to remove the front bumper cover for cleaning. I did drive up the I15 from LA to Vegas in rain, with a few miles of heavy winds/rain - no issues. BUT, the grill was slightly different on the G than it appears to be here on the Stinger.

4. DaBears4Lyfe

Good info. Did you have any type of shielding around the filter? Im assuming you are from the West coast? Curious on how these will do with ice build ups.

5. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

That is precisely the point I made on my last post. Cleaning the filters on the Stinger will be labor intensive.

On the G37 you could remove the grill easily after the radiator air guide was taken off.

6. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

How often would you really need to clean them?

7. DaBears4Lyfe

Depends on what conditions you drive in, but i would think every oil change if not sooner. couple of bad splashes of dirt water and they will be filthy. Maybe SSR will come out with some sort of shielding

8. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Considering they're outside the car with the dirt, rain, road grime, etc they will get dirty pretty quickly.

9. Callum

Callum United States Active Member

I love the way they look...but removing the front bumper to service them is a little too much for my blood. If you create a hatch panel to replace the stock sight shield that would also work...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

I didn't have a shield on them, but i think AFE sold a shield. I had the AFE takeda long tubes on the G. and yes, LA so we don't get much rain or elements but plenty of dirt and dust. I was cleaning these at 5k miles when I did oil changes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'm reading the dyno as 16 hp peak and 29 hp max which is the same as other intakes. Lets call it 16 hp increase to be consistent.
    This one takes off the stock snorkle which eliminates a small opening and some turns but pretty sure it keeps the stock rectangular duct which is a little on the small side. JT also uses the rectangular duct but can also pull in engine bay air if needed.

12. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Good observation and curious where you’ve seen other intakes gaining 29max HP? Can you please share links to the dynos or threads showing those results?

13. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Member

Very pretty design but $650???!??!!

14. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Nobody show this guy the JT intake, he might have an aneurism.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Kamauxx

It's only like $10 more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tonkabob

Kia Stinger 3.3TT TMS Intakes | DamnFastDD.com (click the dyno tab mid screen)
    Tork Motorsports makes 16 hp peak and 42 hp max.
    Their baseline was from a muffler delete and then added intake.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was $650 Aus and like $800 US?

18. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

It’s $895 aud to USA is $636 that goes up and down.

19. Tonkabob

Other way around $800 AUS which is $570 US plus shipping so around $700 US.

20. Kamauxx

No, like NYdito said it's 895 AUD which is 637 USD (based on today's exchange rate). Shipping is included in that price.

The price on our end fluctuates. I've seen it over 700 USD and under 630 USD based on different days I've checked.

Draft saved Draft deleted