Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)
  1. IamTHEvilONE

IamTHEvilONE Newish Member

Let me know how the Switch Rims go ... I'm basically looking at the same kit for my car and plus 1 on which TPMS you ordered.

Hopefully ordering the tires/rims doesn't take too long. I'm travelling for a few weeks and can't be home to receive the rims from a web order.

2. Silverghost

Silverghost Canada Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

4. Silverghost

Mine came individually KIA branded boxes.

Attached Files:

5. SteveCo

Actually, if you look closely it's also branded as a Hyundai Mobis box :), but it's all good - they'll work ... :thumbup:

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. IamTHEvilONE

Bill of Materials thus far, using the Fast Switch:

Genuine OEM 2017-2018 KIA Stinger TPMS Sensor Valve 52933J5000 QTY = 4 8809588980023 | eBay

Black SKU: F212-1880-65BT+35C671 (ETA of Sept. 14th to FastWheels, then to vendors)
    Titanium SKU: F212-1880-65TN+35C671 (in stock at FastWheels)

Michelin X-ICE 3 225/45R18 x 4

Probably going to order from 1010tires.com or canadawheels.ca ... both are within $20 of each other after tax/shipping/stewardship fees.

($1737.55 + tax) + 118 for the TPMS = $2100 all in, just need an installer.

Local tire place (oakville) that sells the Fast Wheels quotes $2,207.12 all in (no tpms) for the same.

I just wish that TireRack.com had this specific line, as there is 4.5% ebates on them which would be another almost $80 back plus the mail in rebate.

NINJA EDIT JUST FOR MerlintheMad

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Early snow in Canada has turned into a white out. The Evil One has disappeared. :D ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. IamTHEvilONE

lol, in my colour scheme it looks just fine ... I mixed up using white vs none in the editor I think.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. StingerlondonON

StingerlondonON Canada Member

Finally settled on the Fast Switch in Satin black. I don’t LOVE the wheel but should be good for winter. Hubcentric is definitely a bonus. Now for some rubber...

10. Silverghost

I decided to not go with Costco and instead to shop locally with RNJ TIRE in Ajax.
    After some checking I ordered a set of Nexen WinGuard Sport 2.
    They have a speed rating of V - perfect.
    What is even better is they charged me $700.00 for tires, mounting, balancing and installation of the TPMS sensors.
    I am thrilled with that price.

RJN' s service even extended to putting one rim on just to satisfy my curiosity whether or not these Fsst Switch rims accommodate the Brembo brakes. Answer is yes they do.
    Please see photos attached. I hope they are of interest to prospective Switch rim purchasers.
    I will probably get a call tomorrow that they are all mounted and ready for pick-up.
    I will pick them up.
    It is too early to put them on the car. At least I am ready with the rims and tires.
    It seems an easy task to switch winter and summer. I am considering buying a torque wrench, a garage car jack and a light socket to fit.
    Anything else that I should consider before venturing down this road?
    Your feedback is appreciated.

The correct tireshop name is here:
    About Us :: RNJ Tire Discounter
    If you in the area, pop in and have a chat. They are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SteveCo

If you don't have an air compressor, that and a 1/2 inch impact make short work of removing and installing lug nuts (but not tightening - always use a torque wrench for that). A compressor is certainly a handy addition for other things as well.

If you're keeping the wheels/tires at home, a wall mounted tire rack is a great place to keep them up and out of the way. And you might want to look at the jacking points on your car - it's not quite the same as jacking an old full frame car. You can make a nice jacking adapter pad with a hockey puck and a little carving.

12. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Just bought the RTX ENVY's from PMC Tire for $834 tax in, ordered the TPMS from Korea for $122 tax in on Amazon and then saw someone got it for $100. Costco has the best price on the Michelin X Ice tires, but they aren't on sale. I'll wait and keep checking until the TPMS are here, but I'm not expecting a sale now. Costco is good for the installation and service and I'll do my own changes here. Thanks for the info Steve! It definitely saved me a couple hundred and got me nicer rims than Costco had on offer.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. StingerlondonON

StingerlondonON Canada Member

Nice wheels!

14. Bonzai

Bonzai Australia Newish Member

Just a quick thanks to everyone, first timer for winters here and purchased through pmctire.

Fast Wheels FC04 Black wheel | 18X8, 5x114.3, 72.6, 30 offset
    Continental - WinterContact SI - P225/45R18 XL 95V BSW

Couldn't bring myself to add TPMS valves, got a few goodies to assist with the change overs instead. Had anyone ran TPMS-less? Wondering if the car goes into granny mode unable to disable traction control..

Cheers guys I've already got tire shine on the winters to match the black shinies

15. Seismic Swan

Seismic Swan United States Newish Member

I went with the Nokian Haakapeliitta R3 myself. I have the Staggered 19's on the GT2 AWD and decided that a true winter tire was probably the best option since I have mountain passes to cross this winter as well as ski hills to get to. But normal winter weather is 40° F and raining at my house. Maybe a little overkill, the summer tires weren't going to work much longer, already dropping to high 40's in the mornings here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Appl2noe

Appl2noe Canada Member

We are running the exact same setup. Not overkill if it saves you from a rear end accident or prevents you from sliding off the road once when it's icy. The R3's are pricey, but rated as one of the best on the market. Money well spent.

17. Seismic Swan

Seismic Swan United States Newish Member

I had to call around, but was about to get them for ~$250 USD /tire from Discount Tire. The first shop wanted ~$360 USD/tire, so I am happy with the $250. Also, a side note, if anyone else wanted these from Discount tire, they only have 3 of the rears left in the country for the year, so 1 more person can get them.

18. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Nokian Hakkas, drive "slowly". :p 118 top speed rating is slow in a Stinger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Appl2noe

Appl2noe Canada Member

I would *hope* that most people understand that going v-max in a winter setting really isn’t the best idea haha!

A long time ago when I was younger, dumber and generally more reckless I took a WRX to 200km/hr and higher on snow tires. It was like driving on marshmallows and surely well past the speed rating.

In hindsight that was pretty foolish.

Can cross that off my bucket list and wouldn’t recommend that to anyone.

No doubt in my mind though if you own a stinger you’ve pushed it... just maybe save that for the track - and summer time!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Where did you purchase the wheels and tires? Are those 18"s?

Draft saved Draft deleted