kia stinger store

Rattling, Creaking & Interior Noises - Formal Cases with Kia Corporate

Is your Stinger experiencing Rattling, Creaking & Interior Noises issues?

• Total voters

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Doesn't look like Kia has addressed the sunroof creaking on the 2022 Facelift based on this recent YouTube review. Thomas comments on it towards the end of the video:

PantheraMetal

Doesn't look like Kia has addressed the sunroof creaking on the 2022 Facelift based on this recent YouTube review. Thomas comments on it towards the end of the video:

I think hes talking about the headliner, since its on the driver side near the b pillar. But id be surprised if the sunroof issue was actually addressed

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
lmfao girlfriend was lifting the trunk today and said she heard something moving/rattling/shaking from the lid... I told her it's normal with this car... it seems to be getting worse after ~14 months of ownership and 7.1k miles lmfao! Crazy bad rattles/shakes/noises from the hatchback... weird! :p

ht_addict

lmfao girlfriend was lifting the trunk today and said she heard something moving/rattling/shaking from the lid... I told her it's normal with this car... it seems to be getting worse after ~14 months of ownership and 7.1k miles lmfao! Crazy bad rattles/shakes/noises from the hatchback... weird!
It's an easy 15min fix. Get the kit from Kia for $10, couple washers from local hardware. Watch the video on it.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
It's an easy 15min fix. Get the kit from Kia for $10, couple washers from local hardware. Watch the video on it.
Gracias amigo! :) :thumbup:

ht_addict

Post 67

ht_addict

When I first got my car, only issue I had with noise was the hatch. Fixed that in 10min myself. As for the other noises people are hearing, I know it's not our responsibility or should be done on our dinner dime, When I replaced my shocks and did the sub frame collar bolts it really tighten up the feel of the car and the way it handled.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Sorry your car is developing extraneous noise; hopefully it won't be more than one. And also hopefully you can locate the source (dash noise is the most problematic because there are so many interior parts).
My 2021 GT1 with 4700 miles is suddenly creaking. It sounds like it's coming from the dash area or maybe passenger side somewhere. It's annoying and I'm feeling pissed.

OneIota

Sustaining Member
My 2021 GT1 with 4700 miles is suddenly creaking. It sounds like it's coming from the dash area or maybe passenger side somewhere. It's annoying and I'm feeling pissed.
You could try checking for an issues that I seem to have - I seem to have squeaky/creaky door seals. I noticed it last year as weather started warming up. You could try pushing on the seals with the door closed to see if it's the same sound you're hearing. Other people have found that pressure against the window trim produces a creaking also. I've been lubricating my door seals with mixed results.

perfpump

Sorry your car is developing extraneous noise; hopefully it won't be more than one. And also hopefully you can locate the source (dash noise is the most problematic because there are so many interior parts).
I have an appt with the dealer in a few weeks. The creaking is constant, if the car is moving it is creaking. Doesn't matter the road surface or speed. Just constant creaking even on a smooth road surface. I feel it is driving me mad.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I have an appt with the dealer in a few weeks. The creaking is constant, if the car is moving it is creaking. Doesn't matter the road surface or speed. Just constant creaking even on a smooth road surface. I feel it is driving me mad.
Definitely! Nothing would ruin the fun of being in this car like having to put up with cheap extraneous noises. It is very strange how some vehicles are afflicted while most escape any issues: mine has remained silent, except for a mild creaking up front after I went to an Eibach sway bar: but even that soft creaking only occurs when I am moving at very slow speed over a gutter, speed bump or similar irregularity: when I get up to normal driving speeds I hear nothing at all. I think that the ECS kicks in and that controls the suspension stiffness which somehow eliminates the creaking.

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Even though I can't stand creaks, rattles and other noises, I think cars becoming overall more quiet, with less road noise, has made these issues more prevalent than what we may have not heard in older louder cars. Can't win I guess.

PantheraMetal

Even though I can't stand creaks, rattles and other noises, I think cars becoming overall more quiet, with less road noise, has made these issues more prevalent than what we may have not heard in older louder cars. Can't win I guess.
Definitely agree with this, was driving a 2017 m240i a few weeks ago and would never have been able to hear any creaks due to the loud road noise, which honestly is better than total silence with intermittent creaking.
Luckily im pretty sure we have a solution to the sunroof issue so im excited to try that when im back (washer under the rails method)