Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT RaceChip GTS Dyno (Coming Soon)

Discussion in 'RaceChip Support' started by ecko04, May 15, 2019.

1. ecko04

ecko04 United States Active Member

How often do you plan on using Boostane? Every fill up or just every now and again? I’d be interested in seeing the plugs after 1000 miles or so.

2. Arnie War

Arnie War Canada Active Member Sustaining Member +

I use it almost every tank of two , sometimes I just use the Lucas octane boost which give only 3 octane points:)

3. ecko04

My RaceChip has been delivered. It is for sale ( 3.3T ONLY).

For Sale - RaceChip GTS 3.3T

4. Zek

Zek United Kingdom Newish Member

Hi guys as promised I had my dyno runs today and all I can say is wow. I’ve had way better results than most JB4 or LAP3 users that i’ve seen.

So first up Boring stuff out of the way, the tuning shop is about 20 miles from me so car was nice and warm when I arrived. Ambient temp outside was around 18 degrees C. The dyno itself was a dynocom unit. I was using top grade Shell VPower 99 octane fuel. I had 3 runs with the Racechip deactivated to get a baseline, bear in mind that my car has a secondary cat delete and a Quicksilver cat back exhaust system as well as K&N air intakes fitted and then a further 3 runs with my Racechip active using Map 7. The car was in Sport+ for all the runs.

So my baseline with my basic mods installed was 384HP with 470 ft lbs.

Now for the really interesting bit..... with my Racechip active on Map 7 my car was running 491HP with 517 ft lbs. That is gains of 107HP and 47ft lbs torque. I was absolutely blown away. Even on Racechip site they only claim 58hp here in the UK. So me and the tuners only guess is that with my other mods installed I.E quicksilver exhaust and cat delete and air intakes must really amplify the Racechip capability.

See the graph below, which shows the best of the 3 no chip runs with the blue line and the best of the 3 Racechip runs in the green. Ignore the wobble on the green between 1.5 and 2.5k as this was due to the tuning guy not pressing down hard on the pedal initially to avoid the car trying to downshift.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 5:37 PM
  5. Zek

6. Crisis

Crisis Canada Active Member

Wow - Nice results. Really interesting that your baseline torque results were 100 lb-ft over stock with just the bolt-on mods that you mentioned. Given that RC claims 57HP and 133 lb-ft, it's really odd that your gains were pretty much inverted from their claims. It may be just like you said, that the RC really boosts HP with your mods, but the results are kinda strange - great but still strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zek

The only thing I can think is that it is down to the exhaust system. Quicksilver exhausts who are based in the UK used my car as their test bed to develop their system. I remember them explaining to me once they got the stock system off and they opened it up they said they had never seen such a restrictive system in any car they have developed systems for of the last 20 years. They kept saying their is so much missed potential that they were going to exploit. In my opinion they should have done a dyno themselves, a before with the standard exhaust on then one with the system they developed. They also removed the secondary cat which they said will definitely free up some power but they wouldn’t put a number on it and said it’s different with every car. That’s my only explanation as to why my baseline is far higher than stock numbers. I may give Quicksilver a call tomorrow and see if they can do some before and after power tests on an unmolested Stinger if they do another one

8. Arnie War

Wow my car really runs very much slower ,so your 99 octane works very well better than what I have and mine was also on a DYNO Com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 9:41 PM
  9. Arnie War

Here my last 2 Dyno Com run s for my Awd Stinger gt

Attached Files:

10. Arnie War

Mine are not impressive numbers in comparison to your s Zek , but I am glad you got a great run for mine even with the chip my numbers run much lower than your numbers with only just the bolt on s ✊

11. Zek

Which bolt on’s do you have Arnie? Mine is RWD as we don’t get the AWD in the UK. Don’t know if there is any other differences either between UK Europe spec and US spec which might affect power, as I know US has only just got the GTS as a new 2019 model whereas mine is a GTS and we have had them here in the UK since launch. Also I have the Racechip GTS with Map 7, if I remember right you are using the Racechip RS which they told me at Racechip doesn’t have Map 7 and it only has a toned down version of the other maps. Not saying for sure but maybe all these differences factored together may be the reasons behind our differing results.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 5:39 AM
  12. Arnie War

Zek ,for bolt on s , I have BMS cold air intakes with K/N filters , FMIC ,June BL dp s which removes secondary cats ,Borla Cat back exhaust, Denso 1 degree colder plugs ,and used 94 pump gas with octane boost that is what I have for engine power upgrades and yes the RS Chip:) perhaps the fuel ⛽️ is the biggest problem here in Canada it not very good :) but your number are so much better and you fuel curve is better as well on your Dyno mapping:) impressive indeed :)

13. Zek

Ah okay I didn’t realise fuel quality was so bad in Canada, 94 is really low. Here in the UK you can’t buy anything less than 95. Even the cheapest supermarket fuel is rated 95 or more. The fuel I use is Shell VPower which is rated at 99. I’ve not even tried any boosters yet don’t really think I need them with the fuel i’m Using. Saying that though i’m sure you would get much better power if you sold your chip and upgraded to the GTS, as your bolt on’s should be similar to mine. Hell I bet yours is loud though with the Jun BL dp and the Borla cb

14. Arnie War

Yes my exhaust if I am not careful , when going by a building almost knocks the paint off the building, it can be sounding very tame but when you hit the gas hard and it goes into angry lion mode and roars and to be honest I am truly pleased with this Borla Cat Back and with the Dps added it makes it angry when pushed lol , so in the city I keep the peddle light lol

15. ecko04

Just a cautionary tale before you go down the rabbit hole.

Folks, please stop comparing dyno numbers. No 2 dynos are the same. You’re making apples to oranges comparisons. Correction factors, climate, elevation, calibration, etc. all play a role in the numbers produced.

The dyno is only meant to be used as a tool. Unless you have a baseline of your car from the same dyno comparing to someone else using a different dyno is a fruitless endeavor.

Whether the dyno is load bearing, hub, or crank all matter as well. Don’t think that because someone else’s dyno graph shows more power than yours, from a different vendor and dyno, that they’re necessarily making more power than you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zek

I absolutely agree with you, the only comparison that can be made here is the same car on the same dyno rather than any two different cars on different dyno’s. I only made the claim about most JB4’s or LAP3 results that I have seen was where users have posted their baseline results to their modified results as a comparison as I have. My runs where on the same day same dyno same tester everything so I know my gains between baseline and my tuned run where true, that was 107HP increase with an added 47ft lbs torque. To my baseline. That is what I was comparing as other people I have seen who have posted their baseline results to their tuned results, few have seen those kinds of gains.

17. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Active Member

US/Canada uses a DIFFERENT octane rating system. US 92-93 octane is ~= 99 octane in the rest of the world. Canadian gas seems to be somewhat worse, despite the ratings - I've heard that CAN 94 is like US 91-92 from several sources. Mind you, CA 91 (best we can routinely get) is still not great, but it's NOT like getting 95 in the UK. UK 95 is like US 87. Overall numbers may be slightly off.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:19 PM
  18. Soulection

Soulection United States New Member

Zek can you post a video of your quick silver exhaust? Also how are you liking it?

Draft saved Draft deleted