Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

PRESSERtech Kia Stinger GT Dyno RESULTS!!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by PRESSERtech LLC, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Probably dealing with a unprofessional Dyno owner who keeps rescheduling on him.

2. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

eflyguy,

How long before you give us your review of the tune?

3. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Active Member

Top Techs Garage (Southwestern University) sent most of their team to SEMA. They got back into town this morning about 2 am. The head of the program came in today just to Dyno my car, but in his fog he forgot the laptop at home - so no way to run the dyno....

As a gesture though to make it up to me next Wednesday, he will have the Universities film crew there to film the runs and put it on their website. Mine is the first Stinger he's seen and is quite fascinated by it.

In the mean time, I have to survive on butt-dyno thrills only...

Heck, if this goes on long enough, my new downpipes from SSR will be here...

4. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

sounds like someone deserves a discount for their trouble!

I swear car people are some of the least reliable on the planet haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MisterMac

Yes, car people and building contractors.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

That could actually turn out to be a really cool consolation for your troubles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

As they say......"Good things are worth waiting for"!

• Like Like x 1
  8. washguy

washguy United States Active Member

MisterMac I wanna hear those down pipes from ssr. and the hp increase of course...maybe you will have them before long? Wash

9. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I thought I'd posted them here, but - yes, a day at the strip and a couple of runs with the computer before the tune. I'm going to write up a full review, so full details will be forthcoming..

• Like Like x 4
  10. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Not long.. just wanted to get a mix of driving in, as well as a few more recorded runs once the ECU had relearned my driving style. I had a ~300 mile road trip the day after the tune, then spent yesterday in the mountains.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MisterMac

Can I get drumroll please...???

The results are in. First, the graphs are fugly, and if you want to know why, check the other thread on Tork or PRESSERTech tune...

Top tuned Wheel HP 383.8

Top lbft torque at wheels 430.7

If you go back and reference their RWD GT tune, you will see I am producing 10 less hp and 17 lbft on my AWD with K&N drop-in filters as the only other mod. Premium fuel.

2018 Stinger Tuned ECU Downshifted to 3rd.png 2018 Stinger Tuned ecu 5th.png 2018 Stinger Stock ECU.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. PRESSERtech LLC

PRESSERtech LLC United States Member

Lol.... dyno operator needs some lessons

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Angel

Angel United States Active Member

Whats boost level is the tune running? 18 psi??

14. Angel

looks good what boost level are you hitting?

15. MisterMac

According to Todd @PRESSERTech. between 17-19psi or 1.1-1.2bar

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Angel

Thanks wish Todd would round it up to 20 LOL....i might go with this tune this coming spring

17. washguy

MRmac Do I not see any afr's? Wash

18. PRESSERtech LLC

PRESSERtech LLC United States Member

In a perfect world they would have hooked up a wideband lamda and a data logger but based on the experience of the school with this modern of a car that would have been too much to ask.....lol

19. BluGT2

BluGT2 United States Newish Member

Forgive me but why is the chart showing 383.8 hp but stock is 365. I thought this tune was supposed to give 60 more hp from stock spec. Is it because 383.8 is at the wheels and 365 is at the crank?

20. washguy

:):)
    Ive had many many dyno pulls with the three different engines in the z06,and in all those many pulls theres a lamda sensor in the tail pipe....without the afr's telling you what your particular engine is doing air/fuel wise...all you have especially with a forced induction engine is a ticking time bomb.... :) Why no sensor in the tail pipe?.....lemme tell ya from running a blown gas engine making over 1000hp ...we looked at plugs after every run...doesn't take much to fubar a piston....a lil burning/chipping away at the top land is all it takes..... on my twin turbo 482 lake boat we put out 32 pounds of boost,but I had a giant intercooler pumping cold lakewater into it,also running VP race gas ....never hurt that motor.....on the blown dragboat motor we expected to burn pistons....that's why I had three motors....lol....if it were me I would surely wanna know my air fuel ratio in my car no matter what tune I have :) Wash

Draft saved Draft deleted