kia stinger store

New Stinger Recall

Harshman

New Mexico
Took them just over an hour to do the fix. I had to force them to do it. They said they needed to perform an inspection before doing the fix. Asked what they were looking for and they couldn't say.

Blingen

Dover, DE
Had mine done Monday. I was lucky number 2 this dealership did. Took 2 hrs 45 min to do it. They kept apologizing. Told them no worries. Take their time and do it right the first time. They forgot to hook up the windshield washer supply line so I had to go back and have them attach it. Could have done it myself but thought if I break it, I pay for it. Original dealership I bought car from contacted me and said earliest appointment was second week of Feb. I laughed and said I had it done already. Told them to call me when their wait time for anything including oil changes gets under a 2 week wait for an appointment. Not holding my breath for a call.

Johnnys Stung

Had mine done Monday. I was lucky number 2 this dealership did. Took 2 hrs 45 min to do it. They kept apologizing. Told them no worries. Take their time and do it right the first time. They forgot to hook up the windshield washer supply line so I had to go back and have them attach it. Could have done it myself but thought if I break it, I pay for it. Original dealership I bought car from contacted me and said earliest appointment was second week of Feb. I laughed and said I had it done already. Told them to call me when their wait time for anything including oil changes gets under a 2 week wait for an appointment. Not holding my breath for a call.
Wow, 2 month lead time? It’s a recall not a brake job lol, your original dealer needs to rethink their priorities.

Happy New Year to all Stinger folks! Good bye 2020 you sucked. Here’s to having awesome cars that are no longer fire hazards

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
Myths:
All Kia dealers are shit
All Kia techs are clowns
All Kia cars are crap

But you forgot Porsche GT3 burned like hell, a 300k USD car and no one giving Porsche hard time.

I got it done, everything went, I meticulously looked inside and out the area and all cables are in perfect place, excellent job they took like 3 hrs but job well done, don't be paranoid get the dealer do the work for you, I don't have f time to mess with cables and shit I am busy enough.

Hope all you guys get this minor problem resolved soon, cheers!

Stock_stinger

the reason people made the decision to DIY isnt simply dealer distrust. i have way to many modification for my dealer. its also winter here and my car is garaged and not getting taken out. i trust me more than how my dealer has treated the car before.
i did my recall. its done, done right, done when i had free time and marked off in the system as complete.

Last edited:

stEgr

So we shall see if/when they actually ship the part. What sucks is that the shipping costs over twice as much as the kit, but still less than $20 out the door.
Have you tried submitting your parts receipt for reimbursement? Instructions on the back of the recall notice. Sounds like this should qualify.

Blingen

Dover, DE
Wow, 2 month lead time? It’s a recall not a brake job lol, your original dealer needs to rethink their priorities.

Happy New Year to all Stinger folks! Good bye 2020 you sucked. Here’s to having awesome cars that are no longer fire hazards
Well I am sure they acted on my comments-lol. Oil changes available Jan 21. "Major repairs" (brake/ rotor job)--earliest Feb 22nd. Screen shots taken today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-220220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-220220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210105-220117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-220117_Samsung Internet.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4

rpoffen

California
Took them just over an hour to do the fix. I had to force them to do it. They said they needed to perform an inspection before doing the fix. Asked what they were looking for and they couldn't say.
After purchasing mine used, I called the service department of the dealer that originally sold the vehicle to see what the service history was. It basically had the rotors replaced, but apparently the owner did not have the scheduled maintenance done by that dealer so they had no records for that. I guess I probably could have called the previous owner because they left their phone and contact information programmed in the unit, as well as their "home" favorite in the NAV. (Let that be a lesson to anyone that sells or trades in a car, make sure you erase all of these things!)
The dealer told me about the recall and asked if I wanted it done, I said yes, so they are ordering the parts. I will probably have the next scheduled service done at the same time since I don't know the history.

BlasterJax93

Jersey shore, NJ
Hi all, does anyone know if a piggyback tuner needs to be removed/ unplugged for recall completion? (Not worried about techs) just info for myself. If wires aren't in the way of the cover, etc. Is this fine?

tmmueller

NC
if it's visible in any way, yes remove it. It could cause the dealer to flag your car in the system as modified, etc. Of course, mine was on the fuse box itself, where the work is taking place, so I didn't want the techs moving it around anyway.

BlasterJax93

Jersey shore, NJ
How about If performing diy. Will leaving the tuner plugs attached be okay while performing the recall notice?