Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Drag/Acceleration Mods to improve ¼ mile times and unofficial track thread

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Motorsports' started by Angel, May 17, 2019.

1. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Active Member

EwG control please. Remember is fully catless guys still have issue in cold weather that would greatly benefit from direct wgdc support!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Nothing special and pretty sure Kato and almost everyone else uses the same simple method. Turn on brake switch, hold throttle down until ~2800rpm(torque converter limits) and sidestep brake pedal for a boosted launch.:thumbup:

Tonkas situation is different because his ECU tune removed safety limits which allows for 20psi+ boost in first gear when stock Stingers rarely see more than 10-12psi. Like Terry said, all that extra boost in first gear must be why he has different launches then everyone else using the brake switch.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  3. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

The code was P0200. Injector fault.

4. Tonkabob

Ok I'm either a glutton for punishment or a great Stinger advocate....
    I did 4 beast mode brake snip tests this morning. 1,2,4 where on map 0 with different amounts of throttle. 1, 2 didn't cut throttle, 4 was a tire smoker and throttle cut. All 4 tests were slower than LC. Looks like 2 issues. Timing cuts to deal with high boost and shortly after high pressure fuel drops to 5 (I assume 5 is bad? - 10-11 looks normal) and then throttle cuts. So looks like a combo of over boost and fuel pressure.

Run 3 was Map 4 valet mode. Big timing drops to keep the boost in check and thought I heard some blow off during brake boost.
    I guess I do need to dial back my 1st gear just a bit as even during normal runs I get a slight timing dip during that 22 PSI spike.

Here is run 3 valet mode and the most aggressive map 0 launch.

upload_2019-9-6_9-11-16.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

6. Tonkabob

What kind of fuel pressure number do you consider bad when running high E content like over E30?
    I'll try to get 1st gear boost lowered.

7. Terry@BMS

8. KingLamoni

KingLamoni United States Member

My commute is 51 miles each way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tonkabob

Yeah i think you could be right. Spoofing boost up or down is going to mess with ecu adaptives when i go back to map 0, or even if i change the amount of boost spoof.

10. Tonkabob

I think I caught a piggy back infection. I was trying +3 PSI last week so the ECU saw 17-18 PSI in 4th gear (21 PSI actual) and pulled timing evenly across the board, like it would with out the boost spoof at 21 PSI. Since the ecu seen boost was fairly low the timing pull must have been torque related.
    Few days later doing a pull with no boost spoof and again in 4th gear 17-18 actual PSI, across the board timing pull. I was able to hit 20 PSI cleanly in 4th before that learned correction. Just reset the ECU for an hour in hopes it forgets its bad habits.
    Wonder what bad habits it learned doing reduced boost in valet and boost by gear? But I think xot1 is right that its better to do fewer changes and let them ride.

11. Thorne

Thorne United States Member

on your one launch where it cuts have you noticed weather or not your trims are really high? So I hit a new cut yesterday, I am working on my map6 setup where it tapers more boost in up top but in early testing I tried for a shit ton down load and I watch fuel trims go to 50 and hpfp go sad.
    If you want to use the JB4 to control launch we need terry to make a special LAUNCH map were we can limit boost to X then pour it in and you would need for John to pull some boost out of your main map.

As for Snipping my wire.... I'm am tempted to do so, I won't have time to drive back out to seattle until first of the year and I'm not sure I can wait that long lolol.

12. Thorne

Looks like he is seeing the same thing as me, When you hit ~20psi downlow in first gear the hpfp gets angry, I personally don't think leaning it out is a great idea during intial spool, BUT dialing back the boost in that area might help. I'll do some more testing this weekend and se what I found.

13. Thorne

I'm not sure how fast the adaptives happen. I'd like to know as well, Its frustrating that from a roll I'm a monster and from a dig I'm amonster 1 out of 10 launchs...

BUT atm my best launch is currently map4 using launch control

14. Tonkabob

I did the reset and car ran good today. Didn't get into 4th gear much however.
    3.84 0-60 and a pair of 7.66 1/8th at 94.5.
    Did some iat 100 and + 1 psi is as high as i went on boost.
    On limp snip or LC high pressure stays above 8 and trims below 35.
    Beast mode high pressure can hit 5. I think trims are still 35 and under but would need to double check.

15. Terry@BMS

16. Thorne

Sadly I can't update my flash atm, I don't have time to mail my ecu over atm..

Draft saved Draft deleted