Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

LSD (Limited Slip Differential) Service Bulletin - Oil Update

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by upsidedown, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Banzibarn

Banzibarn United Kingdom Newish Member

Update is that the garage are saying that they don't believe that the diff is the cause of the shudder (bulletin describing noise not shudder) and they think it's more transition related......

So it looks like I won't be getting this issue fixed any time soon. It does seems odd that OP has exactly the same issue as I describe with shudder reversing off drive, which was fixed by the oil. I'm not a mechanic though so don't really carry any weight when trying to argue my point with the garage. I can see this rumbling (or should that say shudder) on and on.....

2. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

There’s a TSB so they have to change the diff oil, or at least they should. I didn’t have any noise, just felt a shudder going from reverse into drive and since I had the diff oil replaced at my 10,000km service I haven’t felt it. The TSB refers to noise, but I would suggest a physical shudder is more of an indication of a problem than a noise would be in most cases. Stand your ground with them. Worst case they change the oil and it doesn’t fix the issue then they can look for other causes.

3. Terra

Terra Australia Active Member

I agree, insist on having your diff oil changed ASAP and worry about any further noise later.

4. Banzibarn

Banzibarn United Kingdom Newish Member

Sorry, I don't actually know what a TSB is? From what you say, it's effectively an instruction from Kia to change the oil on all cars rather than a solution to a problem if it should occur?

The garage say they've been in contact with Kia technical though so you'd imagine Kia themselves should know this!

Apparently they've attached diagnostic equipment to the car and tried to recreate the problem, which they say they haven't been able to do yet. Odd as it does it every time for me!

Anyhow, I'm getting the car back and it's going in again in a couple of weeks for a longer period to be sorted once and for all! (I hope).

5. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

It’s a service bulletin sent by Kia to all of their dealer service departments requiring work to be done on the vehicle but falls short of a recall. I’ve attached it for you.

When you say the garage has been in touch with Kia, are you taking it to a third party mechanic or back to the dealer service department? It’s a warranty issue, you should be dealing direct with a Kia service department. 0B431442-2947-499D-8DF8-492A881F5EE6.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted