kia stinger store

Low seating position

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
@RM7 I like to see over the hood. Sitting low just doesn't feel right. Had a 4th gen camaro, talk about sitting on the floor. I'd say my head is about 1-2" from the headliner (6' tall).

Never owned an suv so can't comment on what feels right in that.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
I tend to drop seating position to its lowest setting, but tilt the front of the seat cushion up, and move the seat close to the steering wheel. I just feel more connected to the car in that position. In fact, when I go from the Stinger to another car (like our Forester, or the Saab), in those cars I feel like I'm "riding" them because the seating is so much higher than the center of gravity.

I find that the Stinger has a high seating position. I have seat as low as I can get it. Then again, I starting driving in English sports cars (Lotus Europa and MGB) and I’ve had several Corvettes. My current “other” car is C7 Corvette.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
I think the seating position feels high as well. My Civic even felt a little lower, it was one of the more surprising things I noticed right away.
I once sat in a Honda de Sol and it really surprised me how low the seating was (I liked it!).

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Maljey

Pittsburgh, PA
It's a high seating position compared to my Camaro. Feels like I'm sitting on top of a mountain. Never understand the fascination that some people have with jacking their seat up as high as possible. Like they have to see their front license plate or something. Every time I get in a company vehicle..SUVs no less, the seat is always jacked up as high as it will go, regardless of how tall the person was before me. It's bewildering.

Funny I came from a 6th gen Camaro and felt right at home in the Stinger's seat height. Granted, I came from a base model V6 Camaro with stock suspension, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sat higher than yours.

RM7

North
Funny I came from a 6th gen Camaro and felt right at home in the Stinger's seat height. Granted, I came from a base model V6 Camaro with stock suspension, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sat higher than yours.
An SS is lower than a V6, an SS 1LE is lower than an SS. So yep. It's not crazy low, like a corvette, but it's also not very high. Kind of opposite situations. Your GT1 is probably a little lower than my GT Line.

shoengine

I really don't like how high the seat is. I'm 6'1", and a lot of that is torso, so I feel like I'm driving a truck.

S7N

None of you have ever driven a Subaru have you? You'll feel like you're sitting on the hood. I'm 6ft have the seating all the way down and it's miles better than that Subaru STI I had.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
None of you have ever driven a Subaru have you? You'll feel like you're sitting on the hood. I'm 6ft have the seating all the way down and it's miles better than that Subaru STI I had.
My last car was a fully loaded 2017 WRX STi and yes, I found the seating position in that car too high as well.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
I keep the seat in its lowest position, front of the seat tilted up, and the back slightly reclined and move the seat close to the steering wheel. The seat is a little higher than I prefer but considering it has much of the practicality of a crossover I am happy with it. The Corvettes had lower seating, but it is lower than all other cars I have had, including the Nissan Zs and MR2. For a car that isn't a sportscar, the Stinger has a very low seating position. It is perfect for its class.

In fact when I started driving my Saab 9-3 for a few days before I gave it away, I was surprised to feel how high the Saab feels compared to the Stinger.

Our Forester? I feel like I am riding it rather than driving it; the seating position is so dang high it feels like a truck by comparison.

I keep the seat in its lowest position, front of the seat tilted up, and the back slightly reclined and move the seat close to the steering wheel. The seat is a little higher than I prefer but considering it has much of the practicality of a crossover I am happy with it. The Corvettes had lower seating, but it is lower than all other cars I have had, including the Nissan Zs and MR2. For a car that isn't a sportscar, the Stinger has a very low seating position. It is perfect for its class.

In fact when I started driving my Saab 9-3 for a few days before I gave it away, I was surprised to feel how high the Saab feels compared to the Stinger.

Our Forester? I feel like I am riding it rather than driving it; the seating position is so dang high it feels like a truck by comparison.

I set my seat essentially the same. When I got my Stinger, I was surprised at how much lower it seems than my GTI felt.

RM7

North
I set my seat essentially the same. When I got my Stinger, I was surprised at how much lower it seems than my GTI felt.
Hatches like the GTI are more "upright" IMO. When you go to cars like that with less length, they make more "space" by having the occupants more upright IMO. There is always almost a direct correlation between vehicle length and height, as they get shorter they get taller for this reason. Of course, long wheelbase and polar moment are both detrimental to maneuverability, so there are tradeoffs either way. Some of your smaller cars get dropped down pretty far in their most aggressive trims, but the more "upright" feel remains IMO.

Hatches like the GTI are more "upright" IMO. When you go to cars like that with less length, they make more "space" by having the occupants more upright IMO. There is always almost a direct correlation between vehicle length and height, as they get shorter they get taller for this reason. Of course, long wheelbase and polar moment are both detrimental to maneuverability, so there are tradeoffs either way. Some of your smaller cars get dropped down pretty far in their most aggressive trims, but the more "upright" feel remains IMO.
That could be part of it. That was my 4th VW in a row ( A4 Jetta, B5.5 Passat, MK 5 GTI, MK 7 GTI), and the Stinger is the first car in a long time that I felt like I have sat IN and not ON. I haven't felt this planted in a car since my 944. That said I don't feel like I'm sitting too low, but I do certainly notice the reduced space overhead compared to the GTI.

Stinger Girl

Ohio
I had Mustangs my entire adult life. When it came time to purchase my next high performance car, the low seat was one (of several) selling points for me. The ability to have my legs extended completely out with little knee bend together with the extended seat bench option makes this one of the most comfortable road trip cars I've ever driven. I'm 5'8" and there's nothing like the front edge of a high seat digging into the underside of my legs for 100s of miles :/ Not so with this car.